Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

National Football Post 1st round Mock Draft: I like who they have the Skins selecting!

skinsfanjoe

I like the idea of 2 stud T's as well. If your line sucks, the offense will suffer, even if you have superstars at all other positions, you need a guy like Barry Sanders to be able to produce with a bad line, and those guys are few and far between. However, if you have a stud line, and a young one at that, you can win with even marginal "skill" players, since they can just do their job and not worry about a defender chasing them down or breaking up a play.

I think this would be perfect for the skins who need to revamp, QB, RB & WR, as you can go with what you have now, and then pick and choose guys as you see fit. It takes all the pressure off those skill players and allows the offense to grow. I think this approach is much better than signing a FA RB, WR & QB in one off season and hope they can gel in a few months.

Right Tackle? We could resign Brown (as some have said and once his hip improved, his play improved at the end of the year) , sign Ryan Harris and we have Selvish Capers. And Heyer will probably be invited back to camp.

Problem with our line has not been at the tackle positions. We need "Interior" linemen. Guards and Center. This move makes no sense and is not only wasting a pick, but reaching for a guy.

im ok with a tackle rather if im not mistaken the chiefs took back to back tackles a couple years ago. now everybody forgot about them but isnt that a good thing. cuz all they talk about is that incredible running game. idk it wouldnt be a sexy pick but it would give the redskins an honest aproach that winning and building takes more time than two seasons. Im ok with another 8-8 season or even worse as long as i feel like we are young and improving. Somebody said bring back heyer. if that happens i will have lost all faith

We all want our Sam Bradford but look at their key OL position up front: LT-Saffold (beast) C-Jason Brown (beast) RT- Smith (beast)

Crossing our fingers and hoping an aging, injured, underperforming, (free agent) RT pans out/improves is not how you build an OL.

Ryan Harris could be a good solution as well but imo b/c of his injury history he isn't as clean as drafting a RT.

Finding a long term solution at RT would be a smart move.

Saffold was a 2nd round pick. Brown was a FA. Jason Smith could rightly be considered a BUST because he was a top 3 pick at LT.

If we can't find quality offensive line talent in the 2nd round (which is where most linemen who are not LTs are drafted), then we have bigger problems than getting bookend tackles.

Now, if we traded down to 20, then taking RT could make sense, though drafting linemen, while all well and good, includes drafting DEFENSIVE linemen as well. So I'd prefer to take Clayborn or Jordan with our first, or Dareus if he falls.

This kind of supports my arguement that there are some in this fanbase who are so jaded by the previous administration's mishandling of draft pics that they just want us to draft Oline in the first round, just because it sounds good with out really thinking it through. With so many options @ RT (re-signing Brown, developing Capers, signing R. Harris), couldn't that #10 pick be used on another area? (DE, OLB, WR)?

I think with top 10 you draft BPA, especially if your goal is to try and trade down, and are unsuccessful. I am not sure about this kid at #10.

100% agree. We've got enough needs that we don't need to reach here. We need to address the OLine but it doesn't have to be a 1st rounder if you have other players rated higher. Now if Smith is the kid you like, by all means go and get him.

you guys are putting to much stock in a horribly researched mock draft. Its bad enough their isn't a top ten offensive lineman in this draft and pretty much the one position we DON'T need they have us picking.

Oh right so then who's the top ten OL taken? Because honestly there isn't a single OL worth a top 10 pick this year

im ok with a tackle rather if im not mistaken the chiefs took back to back tackles a couple years ago.

Yeah, the Chiefs also were drafting near the top 5 for quite a while and were able to draft OL that were worthy of being drafted that early...there aren't any OL IMHO that are worthy of a top 10 pick this year...OL wise this is a decent middle round class. Remember all the buzz surrounding the BIG 4? There isn't even a BIG 1 this year. OL in the first outside of OC, preferably Wisniewski, would be a wasted pick this year honestly.

Side note: I was looking at your sig, and I get the sarcasm in the list but no matter how much you may not like "Prime Time", his stats were pretty damn good in his 1 year with the Skins.

Games played 16, Games started 15, 38 Tackles, 4 Ints for 91 yds, 1 Forced Fumble, 2 Fumble Recoveries...keep in mind Deion was playing alongside Champ Bailey and Darrell Green.

The Skins D that year ranked 7th overall in Pts Allowed, 4th overall in Yds Allowed, and 2nd overall in Opp Passing Yds Allowed. I know everyon loves to bash Deion, but that was one of the best Defenses the Skins have had in the last 2 decades...so hate all you want but I'll remember the 2000 season where our Defensive backfield was manned by 3 HALL OF FAME Cornerbacks.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/was/2000.htm

Agreed! Has to be OLB, DE, CB or WR. Or take a flyer on Cam. (which I'm liking more and more).

Of course, I'd trade the pick for a 2012 first, second and forth... but that's just me. I'd trade the #41 for a 2012 first too!

yeah, cause none of those positions are overrated in the first round and you are sure not to get a bust. Guys like Vernon Gholston, Aaron Maybin, Bruce Pickens and Ted Ginn Jr. have all proven they deserve to be drafted high, because those teams needed to fill a hole at a certain position.

BPA FTW!!!!!!!!!!

QBs always seem to be drafted higher than their talent but I'd be very surprised to see two of them go in the first ten picks. I hope for Buffalo fans that they don't use the third pick of the draft on Cam Newton. The general draft buzz is that there are only about 13-15 players in this year's draft that are truly graded as first round talent. The talent is deep on the defensive particularly DL. Since the Skins really need Dline help for the new 3-4 why would we use the draft to pick up a second round caliber RT? I understand that we potentially need a RT but that seems like a misallocation of resources.

you guys are putting to much stock in a horribly researched mock draft. Its bad enough there isn't a top ten offensive lineman in this draft and pretty much the one position we DON'T need they have us picking.
Oh right so then who's the top ten OL taken? Because honestly there isn't a single OL worth a top 10 pick this year

Did you just agree with him by trying to disagree with him? He said there isn't an OL worth taking in the top 10. Then you quoted him asking who's worth taking in the top 10 like he had said the opposite. Is it opposite day again? If the answer is yes, then say no

:bunny:

Did you just agree with him by trying to disagree with him? He said there isn't an OL worth taking in the top 10. Then you quoted him asking who's worth taking in the top 10 like he had said the opposite. Is it opposite day again? If the answer is yes, then say no

:bunny:

I literally just re-read that and realized I read it wrong, my apologies another long day today

Archived