Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 College Football Thread

SkinsHokieFan

Interesting that. I still think Keenum will put up huge numbers. I think it basically coems down to how the teams do. If Boise is the only undefeated team :fingersx: Kellen will be the favorite :2cents:

Interesting that. I still think Keenum will put up huge numbers. I think it basically coems down to how the teams do. If Boise is the only undefeated team :fingersx: Kellen will be the favorite :2cents:

I agree with that. Keenum will not fall off the face of the earth, but still, he's at Houston.

Trivia: What do the following 4 seasons by these 3 QB's have in common:

2007: Graham Harrell - Texas Tech 5,705 48 tds

2008 - Case Keenum - Houston -5671 yds 44 tds

2009 - Case Keenum - Houston -5020 yds 44 tds

2010 - Brandon Weedon- Ok St - 4277 34 tds

Odds to win the 2011 Heisman Trophy, as per Bodog.com:

1. Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford (9/2)

2. Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma (13/2)

3. Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina (7/1)

4. Denard Robinson, QB, Michigan (15/2)

4. LaMichael James, RB, Oregon (15/2)

6. Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama (12/1)

7. Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State (15/1)

7. Kellen Moore, QB, Boise State (15/1)

7. Knile Davis, RB, Arkansas (15/1)

7. Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma (15/1)

The fact that Denard Robinson is 15/2 and then Ryan Tannehill is 60/1, Tyler Wilson is 60/1, Taylor Martinez is 75/1 and Geno Smith is 90/1 is crazy.

Betting AGAINST Michigan and Notre Dame football has been extremely lucrative for me the past few years.

I'd NEVER count out Boise, especially with their bag of tricks,

EDIT: And yes I may be biased, but they ALWAYS seem to just reload. Since Chris took over:

13-0 (8-0)

10-3 (7-1)

12-1 (8-0)

14-0 (8-0)

12-1 (7-1)

And even losing Pettis and Young, I think Kellen Moore is a Heisman favorite (along with Blackmon, Broyles, LaMichael, Luck, and MAYBE Keenum).

Stop posting about Boise. Please God just stop.

You also can't have a "Heisman favorite" list without Landry Jones on there.

Luck has to be the Heisman favorite at this point.

My boy Geno Smith is going to be in that conversation too. Keenum lost the O-coordinator that got him to put up those stats in 08 and 09. He's now the head coach at WVU.

Smith will be in the vague conversation, but I don't think anyone is going to put serious money on him this year.

The Heisman selection has just about as much to do with school and conference affiliations as it does actual individual play. You need the huge numbers and "signature moments" to make the list, but you need to have certain connections in place to have a real chance to actually hold up the trophy.

I think this year, Smith will get edged out by QBs like Landry and Luck, but it'll definitely put him on the radar for a legitimate 2012 Heisman campaign.

(Although, I could see Luck slipping out of that race with how many people Stanford is losing, especially on offense- he could have a really good year but Stanford's overall record might not be good enough for him to win)

Stop posting about Boise. Please God just stop.

You also can't have a "Heisman favorite" list without Landry Jones on there.

Smith will be in the vague conversation, but I don't think anyone is going to put serious money on him this year.

The Heisman selection has just about as much to do with school and conference affiliations as it does actual individual play. You need the huge numbers and "signature moments" to make the list, but you need to have certain connections in place to have a real chance to actually hold up the trophy.

I think this year, Smith will get edged out by QBs like Landry and Luck, but it'll definitely put him on the radar for a legitimate 2012 Heisman campaign.

(Although, I could see Luck slipping out of that race with how many people Stanford is losing, especially on offense- he could have a really good year but Stanford's overall record might not be good enough for him to win)

Don't forget EJ Manuel ;)

Of course, :obvious: this is all speculation now; especially because how the teams do matters (if Alabama hadn't choked, and Boise didn't **** up, I think it would've been close between LaMichael and Kellen),

If Kellen Moore wins the Heismann, it will continue to be a joke for QBs.

Bradford will be the only QB since Palmer not to be a bust and if you go back before that its another 15 or so year drought.

Maybe, but he was ridiculously good last year. Of course, it's likely moot if Boise loses.

If Kellen Moore wins the Heismann, it will continue to be a joke for QBs.

Bradford will be the only QB since Palmer not to be a bust and if you go back before that its another 15 or so year drought.

The Heisman is not awarded to be best NFL prospect, it's awarded to the best college player. The 2 don't translate directly.

Maybe, but he was ridiculously good last year. Of course, it's likely moot if Boise loses.

He was good against joke teams.

He'll always get consideration for the amount of media attention Boise gets and for leading them to a great record, but he's not going to (and shouldn't) win.

The Heisman is not awarded to be best NFL prospect, it's awarded to the best college player. The 2 don't translate directly.

Exactly.

I think too much hype gets put on winning the Heisman from an NFL scouting perspective, but that's not the Heisman winner's fault. There's a lot that doesn't necessarily translate between the college and NFL games.

I still don't think Tebow will ever be a top 10 or 15 starting NFL QB, but I'll also go to the grave saying that he was the best college player I've seen in the past decade, whether on TV or in person.

I think SHF might want to have a word with you.

I think SHF would understand that I'm not talking about VT, since Boise didn't play teams of VT's defensive caliber all season. I've gotta run out the door here pretty soon, so I don't have time to look it up, but I recall seeing the overall strength of defenses that Boise faced last year in a chart using the Football Outsiders S&P and DVOA metrics, and it's not impressive in the least.

Of course, I can also just quickly eyeball their schedule and see such vaunted opponents as Wyoming, Toledo, and San Jose State.

I respect Kellen Moore and while I don't think he has a future in the NFL due to his size, I do think that one day he'll be a pretty good QB coach somewhere. The guy knows the game and knows how to play his position. He just gets away with some things because of the competition he faces.

Pit against him against a conference slate of SEC or ACC defenses and I don't think he'd fare as well.

I also believe that SHF is pretty aware of how I feel about VT's defensive slides over the past few years, since we've exhausted that topic in various College Football Threads in the Tailgate as well as VT threads in the NCAA Forum.

Seems no one is worried that the **** might hit the fan in Eugene.

I am sticking with my prediction for now. If it does hit the fan, Stanford would be my next guess. The NCAA moves too slow for any type of punishment to come into play this year. Harris was driving a car that was rented by an Oregon staff member when he got the ticket. I would like to see how the NCAA penalizes them for it.

Archived