Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sign of the Apocalypse: Snooki's Book NYT Best-Seller

ACW

Once Jersey Shore ends, the only person from that group who'll be able to live off of reputation is Pauly D. He's gained a lot of publicity and become a popular DJ. He'll be able to use his name power for quite a while.

My guess is that almost all of them except Pauly D will go broke once the cash flow from MTV and their sponsors goes down. You can't live that life style by being dumb and always partying.

Once Jersey Shore ends, the only person from that group who'll be able to live off of reputation is Pauly D. He's gained a lot of publicity and become a popular DJ. He'll be able to use his name power for quite a while.

My guess is that almost all of them except Pauly D will go broke once the cash flow from MTV and their sponsors goes down. You can't live that life style by being dumb and always partying.

Paris Hilton has.

Paris is wealthy off of her last name, not because she got a huge acting break.
She was already rich...or at least from a rich family. She's basically a socialite. That's not even close to being the same situation.
Point taken.

Probably true.

Pauly D is a genuinely charismatic guy and supposedly he's a really good club DJ. He's also getting his own spin-off show on MTV (which isn't surprising, considering about 50% of The Jersey Shore series is driven by Pauly D).

The Situation and Snooki are classic "15 minutes of fame" reality stars.

I heard somewhere that she's a bit smarter than her Jersey Shore personna lets on - that she got decent grades in high school. That's damning with faint praise, but she's becoming rich by partying her ass off at the beach... not a bad gig if you can get it.

I've heard that as well.

She just plays up this dumb, drunken routine because it's her character on the series.

I love how ACW will call her a skank. But he would (as indicated by his overuse of smilies) hump 9/10 of hollywood women.

what's that old saying? "No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public"?

The fact that I'd hit it probably qualifies her as a skank.

Sin, I'd bounce it too, just to say I'd bounced it :whoknows:

Maybe a little crossover action?

---------- Post added January-22nd-2011 at 11:30 PM ----------

Just googled it. Somewhere says $5 million. Still too much.

BTW, if you're going, Snooki's gonna be at thr DC Auto Show.

Good, you should go there. She might give you her number :ols:

That punch made me realize these guys are all punks.

I would have taken or given an ass whoopin in that scenario.

Sad that the guys just punked out at the moment that all of their working out and getting strong should have been an advantage.

I still think it is a funny show to watch though, but all of the guys are chumps.

I tweeted the exact thing yesterday.

Amazing what teenagers in this country will buy......

I bet you more than anything it's middle aged housewives buying the books. Teenagers don't read, they facebook, tweet, whatch tv and listen to their ipods, but they don't read. I honestly wouldn't know who Snookie was if it wasn't for social media.

Twilight? Harry Potter?

I know plenty of women in their thirties that read the **** out of those books. I was using hyperbole, I know teenagers read but I bet you in the case of twilight, more teenagers watched the movies than bothered reading the books and vice versa with older women.

Archived