Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Big Mouth Ravens Lose

gclark84

It'll get a lot quieter here in MD now. :)

Exactly. You Virginia fans just don't get it. I don't care if the skins were 16-0 and still in the playoffs, I'd still be ecstatic over this Ravens loss. It has nothing to do with jealousy over our pathetic year, trust me. Move to the Baltimore area and deal with their fans for a year, and I guarantee you'll turn into as much of a ravens hater as I.

With that said, not sure why this was posted in this forum.

It'll get a lot quieter here in MD now. :)

Not that much quieter. There are thousands of Steelers fans here as well, and they can be darned near as obnoxious. I am now actually rooting for New England in the AFC championship game to get the next bunch of loud mouths back in their kennels.

I was glad to see them lose as well. i have never had a problem with the Ravens, its their fans that irk me. Being a Redskins fan here in Anne Arundel county all I ever hear is how terrible my team is and how great the Ravens are from neighbors, people at work, hell even people who work at stores I visit when I have a piece of Redskins clothing on. I watch football, I know the skins are one of the worst teams in football and the Ravens are elite, being reminded of it daily sucks.

If people who lived in Virginia had to put up with incessant flack from Ravens fans that Skins fans in the Baltimore area do, they would understand why those of us in Maryland like seeing the Ravens lose.

Bunch of DC wanabe's lead by a man on D that should be locked deep away for a double murder. Amazing what money can buy you in this World.

Happy the "Browns" lost out again.

Hail.

Nothing to Hail about

The NFL is full of inconsistencies (starting with the new Owner)

The head coach of the New England Pats is known/proven CHEATER The QB for Vikings likes getting some trim on the side whenever its possible "Brett Here" The QB for the Steelers isn't much better.

Fail!

If people who lived in Virginia had to put up with incessant flack from Ravens fans that Skins fans in the Baltimore area do, they would understand why those of us in Maryland like seeing the Ravens lose.

This is the truth. What makes it even worse is the majority of these fans didn't exist 10 years ago! It all started with their Superbowl win in 2001. Everyone jumped on their bandwagon

:sucks:

I expect a similar thread when the Jets lose.

I'm all for it. I didn't hate the Ravens until Harbaugh shot his mouth off about how they "ran over us" in a preseason game. Karma's a ***** ********. I actually like Ozzie Newsome, the guy is one of the best GMs ever.

I hate the Pats, but Rex "loudmouth" Ryan has been asking for it since Hard Knocks started this year. I'll enjoy cheering for the Pats to roll over them, then I'll cheer for either the Packers or Bears in the Super Bowl.

If you guys want to say we're bad Redskins fans because we cheer when the Ravens lose, then have fun with that (**** the Ravens, I hope your team moves in the middle of the night). You're a bad Redskins fan because you get all butt hurt when the rest of us aren't PC with the cross-town rivals. Cry me a river.

I'm all for it. I didn't hate the Ravens until Harbaugh shot his mouth off about how they "ran over us" in a preseason game. Karma's a ***** ********. I actually like Ozzie Newsome, the guy is one of the best GMs ever.

I hate the Pats, but Rex "loudmouth" Ryan has been asking for it since Hard Knocks started this year. I'll enjoy cheering for the Pats to roll over them, then I'll cheer for either the Packers or Bears in the Super Bowl.

If you guys want to say we're bad Redskins fans because we cheer when the Ravens lose, then have fun with that (**** the Ravens, I hope your team moves in the middle of the night). You're a bad Redskins fan because you get all butt hurt when the rest of us aren't PC with the cross-town rivals. Cry me a river.

thats the thing about the ravens. its not the team, its the fans, the b more media, and the coaches that make me roll my eyes. long before harbaugh ran his mouth like an idiot- back in 2000 during their super bowl run, one of the b more radio guys (i cant recall who it was or why the hell i was listening) said that when the team plane landed after their playoff game that they would have more fans meet them at the airport than the skins ever would. why the hell he was talking about the skins, i have no idea. but it just screamed inferiority complex.

combine that with the fans- i dont make a habit of forming opinions on fans based on a few examples, but what is it with them? i dont know how to say this nicely, but god, they got some white trashy looking fans. find me a raven fan without a mullet and some bad tattoos, and i'll buy you a beer.

i wanted them to beat the steelers, cuz at least they are local fans who have a real reason to be supporting the team. the ravens are absolutely a good organization, but i dont hate the fact that now i dont have to hear their followers gloat.

yes, if it wasn't for their fans constantly talking **** and trying to play up a rivalry, despite the two being in different conferences hence both teams can be enjoyed, I'd root for the Ravens after my Skins. the Ravens fans ruined that, much like Nationals fans talking **** about the O's ruined any chance of me liking the Nats. I just stay, more or less, indifferent to those teams.

yes, if it wasn't for their fans constantly talking **** and trying to play up a rivalry, despite the two being in different conferences hence both teams can be enjoyed, I'd root for the Ravens after my Skins. the Ravens fans ruined that, much like Nationals fans talking **** about the O's ruined any chance of me liking the Nats. I just stay, more or less, indifferent to those teams.

i get ravens fans having this bizzare complex about the skins, but i havent heard nats fans stirring it up like that. the nats suck, and i think nats fans realize that. the O's have sucked for years and will likely never win when competing against the sox and yankees. imo, the vitriol is directed at the owner, not the organization or players.

and while snyders been a bad owner, he's spent the $ trying to win.

if you don't think nats fans rip the O's a lot, I suggest checking out one of the releavnt threads in the tailgate

i get the ripping, but, for me, its more about what you are saying when you rip the team. when you go 13 straight seasons without a winning record despite having a loyal fan base who shows up year in and year out, like it or not, the organization deserves to get ripped somehow.

to me, the ravens fans have this obsession with the skins. i dont see it that way with nats/os.

btw, you should have seen the **** I took from Os fans when i wore a strasburg shirt and an Os hat (they were giving them out, but i wore it happily). seriously, at least 3 people approached me like they wanted to fight me.

I'm forced to agree with those who are coming down on the thread...it's one thing to be glad the Ravens lost. Nobody is asking you to respect them. However, it just seems very very weak, to post a thread that's sole purpose is to gloat about a consistent winner losing a close game in the 2nd round of the playoffs, on the official message board of a team that has not had a winning record since 2007, and hasn't won a playoff game since 2005. I take no pleasure in saying that, but it's the truth.

We are better than this.

if you don't think nats fans rip the O's a lot, I suggest checking out one of the releavnt threads in the tailgate

Yep...I think that some Ravens and Nats fans have an inferiority complex since they are the new kids in town.

---------- Post added January-16th-2011 at 07:25 PM ----------

btw, you should have seen the **** I took from Os fans when i wore a strasburg shirt and an Os hat (they were giving them out, but i wore it happily). seriously, at least 3 people approached me like they wanted to fight me.

Maryland O's fans are a different breed than DC-area O's fans. Trust me!

I am a long-time Redskins season ticket holder. I do not hate the Ravens. Instead I enjoy watching them play football, and wished the Skins would play like the Ravens: strong defense, strong running game, consistent special teams, excellent GM, good young QB.

What hurt me watching the Steelers vs. Ravens: watching the safety play of Clark. Damn egotistical Greg Williams let him walk away in free agency (along with Antonio Pierce), thinking that he could plug anyone into his vaunteed defensive system.

It is enjoyable seeing the Packers and bears in the finals; we defeated both teams. Too bad we could not play with the mediocre teams in the NFL.

i get the ripping, but, for me, its more about what you are saying when you rip the team. when you go 13 straight seasons without a winning record despite having a loyal fan base who shows up year in and year out, like it or not, the organization deserves to get ripped somehow.

to me, the ravens fans have this obsession with the skins. i dont see it that way with nats/os.

Sure, a team not doing well merits criticism, but only when it's relevant. When the purpose of criticizing, or in this case bashing, is just to start ****, especially when it's unprovoked, then it's unwarranted because the teams are not actually division rivals, they don't even play in the same conference.

I didn't se O's fans talking smack when the nats first came on the scene, I saw former O's fans turned Nats fans trashing their old team and disparaging the ones who remained loyal. That's why O's fans and Nats fans don't get along now. Same with the Skins and ravens. I didn't see many Skins fans trashing the Ravens when they came on the scene, but from the get-go there were Ravens fans trashing the Skins, who they likely rooted for before the ravens.

Anything more than a friendly geographic rivalry doesn't make sense in either case because neither one plays in the same conference and is not in direct competition with one another, so inciting a rivalry by talking **** unprovoked is stupid IMO.

Archived