Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Big Mouth Ravens Lose

gclark84

Exactly. You Virginia fans just don't get it. I don't care if the skins were 16-0 and still in the playoffs, I'd still be ecstatic over this Ravens loss. It has nothing to do with jealousy over our pathetic year, trust me. Move to the Baltimore area and deal with their fans for a year, and I guarantee you'll turn into as much of a ravens hater as I.

With that said, not sure why this was posted in this forum.

Umm...I've lived here for 11 years now.

I just don't get the hatred Skins fans have for Ravens fan. But it's funny how many Skins fans will claim NOT to care.

They are in a different conference. We play one meaningful game against the ravens every 4 years.

I think it's mostly jealousy that the Ravens are consistently in the playoffs.

For the record, I'd say I encounter as many Ravens fans who are "casual" as I do Skins fans.

I'd also wager the average fan is probably closer to the "trashy" stereotype at a Ravens game, but the Average skins fan at the game is probably closer to the hip-hop stereotype at a Redskins game.

At the end of the day, We're all NFL fans. We all go to work to support our families. We go to work to support our hobby. Why All the hate and animosity at someone likes another team?

Teams Fans dislike each more than the guys who actually "fight" it out on the field.

Umm...I've lived here for 11 years now.

I just don't get the hatred Skins fans have for Ravens fan. But it's funny how many Skins fans will claim NOT to care.

They are in a different conference. We play one meaningful game against the ravens every 4 years.

I think it's mostly jealousy that the Ravens are consistently in the playoffs.

For the record, I'd say I encounter as many Ravens fans who are "casual" as I do Skins fans.

I'd also wager the average fan is probably closer to the "trashy" stereotype at a Ravens game, but the Average skins fan at the game is probably closer to the hip-hop stereotype at a Redskins game.

At the end of the day, We're all NFL fans. We all go to work to support our families. We go to work to support our hobby. Why All the hate and animosity at someone likes another team?

Teams Fans dislike each more than the guys who actually "fight" it out on the field.

I agree there are fans who hate due to jealousy, but all I can do is speak for myself and say that it is absolutely not jealousy for me. I hated how everyone jumped on their bandwagon after their Superbowl, and my area (western Howard County) received all of this purple pride that had never existed before. If the skins win a Superbowl again, the opposite will happen. I just can't stand that lack of loyalty and bandwagon jumpers.

Their fans are also typically way more annoying than any other fans I encounter, including that of the cowboys, eagles, or steelers. I've had conversations with cowboys, eagles, and steelers fans who live in the area, and we all agree how irritating they are. They are also extremely whiny when they lose. They are horribly sore losers, and ALWAYS blame the refs.

When it comes to the team, the hate isn't as strong as the fans', but There are few players in the league I can't stand more than Ray Lewis and Terrell Suggs. They are amazing players, future hall of famers even. But their off-field issues and the way they carry themselves on the field just rubs me the wrong way. Not to mention Ravens fans over-glorify them waaay to much. Every Ravens fan swears Ray Lewis is the best linebacker of all time...

LOL tell us how you really feel.

Feinstein is a joke, as are the Ratbirds.

Ravens are a joke? One of the best run football franchises in the NFL.......Top notch! Funny how Washington and Dallas are two of the worst (only worse is the Raiders) run franchises, yet fans of both teams always find it to call other great teams...ravens, Steelers etc.....a joke! SMH!

---------- Post added January-17th-2011 at 05:33 PM ----------

Landry is the better player, on this current team I don't think Clark does as well essentially on his own

is that a joke? Landry isnt close to Clark, he had by far his best year ever and is still not as good as Clark.

is that a joke? Landry isnt close to Clark, he had by far his best year ever and is still not as good as Clark.

Clark looks good because of Polamalu. Much like Ed Reed makes Dawan Landry look better than he is. LaRon is well ahead of Clark, he is great despite our horrid FS play this year

landry was having an incredible year before he got hurt. as much as i like clark- and i have no problem saying otherwise- landry is better than him, and its not close. and i hated on landry last year and think it was a mistake to let clark go.

2 cents...

I'm forced to agree with those who are coming down on the thread...it's one thing to be glad the Ravens lost. Nobody is asking you to respect them. However, it just seems very very weak, to post a thread that's sole purpose is to gloat about a consistent winner losing a close game in the 2nd round of the playoffs, on the official message board of a team that has not had a winning record since 2007, and hasn't won a playoff game since 2005. I take no pleasure in saying that, but it's the truth.

We are better than this.

I'm not better than this.

**** the Ravens and, for the most part, **** their obnoxious fans. I gloat everytime something bad happens for the Ravens.

If you lived in the middle of Ravens territory, you'd get where the haters are coming from.

You live in Virginia. I live near Annapolis.

The Ravens fans are total asses. If you endured the **** they talk about the Redskins, and lived in enemy territory you would understand.

But living in Roanoke, you don't see what is going on in Baltimore, and the hatred of the Redskins.

Exactly.

I guess I'm a transplant, as we moved to the Baltimore area in '81. I hated the Colts too,(because they owned us), but I respected their knowledgeable fans. I felt awful for them when the Colts bolted for Indy.

It wasn't so bad when the team first came to town, but, after they won the Super Bowl, the obnoxiousness started. Seriously.

I score the occasional free tickets to Ravens games, so I typically attend at least one a year. The only thing Redskins that I wear, is a non-descript black cap with the script "R". (I think it's bush-league to wear your teams jersey at another stadium if they're not playing there).

You would not believe all the hate, vitriol and downright hostility that I get, just for wearing that hat at Mullet & Trailer. When I walk down the steps to get in my seats, it's like a wave of hate. Ravens fans were yelling at me, talking crap, etc. Even younger kids were getting into the act. All because I wear a Redskins hat? Really?

I have no respect for Ravens fans. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Nada. Most of the ones that I encounter are mindless, clueless, front-running obnoxious ass-hats. Admittedly, I do know a few that know a lot about football, and their team, but the majority, (in my experience), don't know ****.

I will gloat every time something bad happens to the Ravens, on, or off the field.

I'm not better than this.

**** the Ravens and, for the most part, **** their obnoxious fans. I gloat everytime something bad happens for the Ravens.

If you lived in the middle of Ravens territory, you'd get where the haters are coming from.

Painkiller is so right, if it makes you feel better for a winning team and organization to lose in the second round of the playoffs, then have fun in your own mind.

First it was the Eagles losing, then the Ravens, this week it will be one of the other four teams that lose in the Championship game.

I feel no better about my Redskins then I did before these teams lost because we pretty much suck, and until we get back to the winning ways, I won't feel any better

Exactly.

I guess I'm a transplant, as we moved to the Baltimore area in '81. I hated the Colts too,(because they owned us), but I respected their knowledgeable fans. I felt awful for them when the Colts bolted for Indy.

It wasn't so bad when the team first came to town, but, after they won the Super Bowl, the obnoxiousness started. Seriously.

I score the occasional free tickets to Ravens games, so I typically attend at least one a year. The only thing Redskins that I wear, is a non-descript black cap with the script "R". (I think it's bush-league to wear your teams jersey at another stadium if they're not playing there).

You would not believe all the hate, vitriol and downright hostility that I get, just for wearing that hat at Mullet & Trailer. When I walk down the steps to get in my seats, it's like a wave of hate. Ravens fans were yelling at me, talking crap, etc. Even younger kids were getting into the act. All because I wear a Redskins hat? Really?

I have no respect for Ravens fans. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Nada. Most of the ones that I encounter are mindless, clueless, front-running obnoxious ass-hats. Admittedly, I do know a few that know a lot about football, and their team, but the majority, (in my experience), don't know ****.

I will gloat every time something bad happens to the Ravens, on, or off the field.

I actually find Ravens fans to be more knowledgeable than most. At least the ones I run into.

I never used to care how the Ravens did. Now, I kind of enjoy watching them lose to Pittsburgh year after year. It's kind of nice. 2008 was the best

Do the Ravens fans that you run into enjoy watching your team lose to Detroit year after year?

Archived