Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 ES GM Mock Draft Discussion Thread/MOCK CLOSED DOWN

Dukes and Skins

Styx is on the clock. I tried to send him a pm but it says no users with that name.

If you find his post(s) earlier in this thread, you can just click on his name and select "Private Message". Easier that way.

Just out of curiosity, what happens if all the people slated for today pick? Do we wait till tomorrow for the next group or will we be able to keep going for the sake of getting this thing accomplished in a timely fashion?

I don't see a problem with moving it up. But if that first guy from the next day never picks, I definitely wouldn't skip him...because he was probably under the impression that he had until tomorrow morning, so he might not even be near a computer all day.

But if he IS around and makes his pick, can't see what would stop him.

Its up to dukes, of course.

I don't see a problem with moving it up. But if that first guy from the next day never picks, I definitely wouldn't skip him...because he was probably under the impression that he had until tomorrow morning, so he might not even be near a computer all day.

Also can be tough on trades. If I am set to pick tomorrow at 2pm and the people I have been talking with are planning on checking in at 2pm to see who is there and decide if they want to trade or not there would be no way I could pick before.

Also can be tough on trades. If I am set to pick tomorrow at 2pm and the people I have been talking with are planning on checking in at 2pm to see who is there and decide if they want to trade or not there would be no way I could pick before.

Very true. But that's your decision entirely. You could just as easily wait if you're worried about those trade offers.

---------- Post added March-3rd-2011 at 03:39 PM ----------

And interesting pick for the Browns. Some guys slipping that I wouldn't have thought....won't mention names until they're picked, of course, just because others whose picks are coming up are making their decisions. (as if we don't all know who the top-mocked players have been lately :ols:)

Oh I agree on both Dukes approval and the availability of the next person or people for this be a good idea. This is all based on my assumption that if these first 7 are done by 6 pm. or earlier it seems like some wasted time to wait till 10 am. tomorrow.

And interesting pick for the Browns. Some guys slipping that I wouldn't have thought....won't mention names until they're picked, of course, just because others whose picks are coming up are making their decisions. (as if we don't all know who the top-mocked players have been lately :ols:)

I don't D:. Then again, being the Super Bowl Champions, we aren't too worried about the top of the draft. :)

Very true. But that's your decision entirely. You could just as easily wait if you're worried about those trade offers.

---------- Post added March-3rd-2011 at 03:39 PM ----------

I know man. I was sitting in a tough spot, but I cant see the browns not going dline in the draft

Just out of curiosity, what happens if all the people slated for today pick? Do we wait till tomorrow for the next group or will we be able to keep going for the sake of getting this thing accomplished in a timely fashion?

if you're next on the clock, you can pick. At the end of the day, we "reseed" the on the clock folks for the next day. So if we get 15 picks in today, then number 16 will be on the clock at 10:00 tomorrow.

I know man. I was sitting in a tough spot, but I cant see the browns not going dline in the draft

True. I'll comment more after the guys I think are likely, have been picked here. Otherwise, I'll feel like I spoiled it haha.

Basically the time slots are the required picks for the day, after that is just icing on the cake. Since terrifnick21 has already picked now Hitman can go ahead and pick as well. And any more would be even better if we can get 10 picks done a day it'll be easy to do this

---------- Post added March-3rd-2011 at 04:06 PM ----------

Man, I can't believe he fell to you. That's a dream scenario for the 49ers. What a great pick.

And that picture is just SICK.

Agreed that pick was a joke for him that was beyond easy to make :ols:

i feel like ghost would have taken peterson at 2. i dont like the idea of skipping people in a draft

You can't just let a draft bog down though because one person misses his pick. I've watched it happen before and its been terrible the mock takes weeks already to do and if it takes him a while to get his pick in, it just delays it more

we could only do a 3 round draft or a 5 round draft and focus on accuracy rather than doing the complete draft

I guess what I'm getting at 2k is that if he missed his pick thats one thing. I understand this was up last night but also its known you can just send your big board to someone else and they'll make the pick. I've had 7 round mocks I've done with other people that this works fine it shows whos really down to do this.

And its weird, because Ghost is the last guy you'd think would screw this up. He's always around here.

But, we'll just have to look at it like his team is putting up with the inevitable fan revolt in order to get a super-cheap draft pick in a likely lockout year. Stupid, I know. But we had to move on, the rules were already decided upon.

Archived