Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 ES GM Mock Draft Discussion Thread/MOCK CLOSED DOWN

Dukes and Skins

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftorder2011.php They update as trades occur.

Also you can link this for people: http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php Saves time so people don't make insane offers.

http://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/games/draft-pick-value.php That one is cool also since you can plug in the picks and it does the work for you.

From Walterfootball

Round 1 (just (6-10 records)

San Francisco (6-10)

Tennessee (6-10)

Dallas (6-10)

Washington (6-10)

Houston (6-10)

Minnesota (6-10)

Detroit (6-10)

Round 2

Tennessee (6-10)

Dallas (6-10)

Washington (6-10)

Houston (6-10)

Minnesota (6-10)

Detroit (6-10)

San Francisco (6-10)

Shouldn't we pick before Dallas and after Houston (edit: in round 2)? I thought it was simply supposed to reverse...

From Walterfootball

San Francisco (6-10)

Tennessee (6-10)

Dallas (6-10)

Washington (6-10)

Houston (6-10)

Minnesota (6-10)

Detroit (6-10)

Round 2

Tennessee (6-10)

Dallas (6-10)

Washington (6-10)

Houston (6-10)

Minnesota (6-10)

Detroit (6-10)

San Francisco (6-10)

Shouldn't we pick before Dallas and after Houston (edit: in round 2)? I thought it was simply supposed to reverse...

If a fantasy football draft, yes. The draft order in the NFL doesn't change from round to round

San Francisco (6-10)

Tennessee (6-10)

Dallas (6-10)

Washington (6-10)

Houston (6-10)

Minnesota (6-10)

Detroit (6-10)

Round 2

Tennessee (6-10)

Dallas (6-10)

Washington (6-10)

Houston (6-10)

Minnesota (6-10)

Detroit (6-10)

San Francisco (6-10)

If a fantasy football draft, yes. The draft order in the NFL doesn't change from round to round

This is a big misconception a lot of people have. The WalterFootball site is correct. Similar records are rotated by round. Since San Francisco has the top pick (of the 6-10 teams) in round 1, they get the last pick (of the 6-10 teams) in Round 2. If Round 3 were displayed, you would notice that Tennessee would have the last pick (of 6-10 teams) in Round 3, and so forth.

The sad part is, our highest picks (within each round) are the ones we traded away. By the time we get back into things in Round 5, it will be our turn to rotate towards the back. I'm not sure what Hitman was getting at but the order most certainly does change from round to round if teams have similar records.

The sad part is, our highest picks (within each round) are the ones we traded away. By the time we get back into things in Round 5, it will be our turn to rotate towards the back. I'm not sure what Hitman was getting at but the order most certainly does change from round to round if teams have similar records.

Hitman was wrong :silly:

I didn't know about the rotation of the order, thanks for the info.

Excellent. Dukes, I think you should do it like the draft thread and put whoever's on the clock in the title of the thread. Or we'll just be very active with PMing the next person in line. Works either way!

Excellent. Dukes, I think you should do it like the draft thread and put whoever's on the clock in the title of the thread. Or we'll just be very active with PMing the next person in line. Works either way!

Yeah that's the plan I mean everyone should know their own picks. I'll have the order in the draft thread but also I will want people to make a PM when they make their pick.

Yeah that's the plan I mean everyone should know their own picks. I'll have the order in the draft thread but also I will want people to make a PM when they make their pick.

Good plan. Can't wait to start!

Cool...this will be interesting with the two hour time slots. I'm assuming that is someone, say Hersh, made his pick immediately, the next person would actually have four hours, correct? Just want to make sure so people don't start jumping the gun.

Looks good so far. I'm already weighing trade offers haha...I'm glad there are already a few people REALLY into this, I figured the majority of people would just make their picks and be done with it. This is better!

Word on the street is that the Cardinals are quite enamored by both Von Miller & Robert Quinn, as well as Main Street Blaine and Cameron Newton. Unfortunately, the Cards also need more picks than what they have since they have way too many holes to fill. More picks would be preferred for the desert.

Cool...this will be interesting with the two hour time slots. I'm assuming that is someone, say Hersh, made his pick immediately, the next person would actually have four hours, correct? Just want to make sure so people don't start jumping the gun.

Yes you wouldn't officially start your slot until the time designated but if Hersh picked at 10:30 you could pick at 10:31 and then #3 could go as well or wait until their timeslot begins

Cool. I think in the beginning, this thing is going to go much faster than these time slots allow for...but its very good that if someone's not near a computer, they aren't gong to be punished because 7 teams in front of them picked in a two hour period.

Cool. I think in the beginning, this thing is going to go much faster than these time slots allow for...but its very good that if someone's not near a computer, they aren't gong to be punished because 7 teams in front of them picked in a two hour period.

Exactly and for some people(college students,people who work) its not easy always being around a computer.No offense to anyone who is not trying to diss you at all just saying at times its hard to get onto ES and check things before heading to a class or something

Hey ConnSkins, you need to clear some PM's and free up some space ;)

Conn you're on thin ice now you better watch it :ols:

Haha. Man, PM's fill up fast, between trade offers from this mock draft and real trade offers from the ES Dynasty league. I'm having to delete them all the time! Crazy.

Archived