Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tyrod Taylor to the Skins?

VTSKINSFAN5

Wait... so since I don't pad my post count to a ridiculous level on every single thread voicing every single little displeasure I have makes me "not active"?

I read this board every day, several times a day. Have done so for a very long time. Never thought to even post because I had nothing to say to a lot of the self absorbed posters on this board. I get hammered and post in threads and say drunkenly angry things about how crappy the team is, and other than that, I really don't do that much.

What I do see is that most of the "active members" don't post much real content, only constant ****ing about all the other inferior posters, trolls, retards, etc. etc.

So yes, perhaps you should lighten up a bit...

100 percent agree with this. I understand that maybe the OP should have read the rules before posting but cmon he didn't blow up the twin towers. Some of you guys really make me laugh when you act like Junior Mods. If your a MOD then by all means bring the hammer down on fresh out of the box members or long time membes who break the rules. But if your just one of the rest of us please calm down and step away from the ledge. I know your post counts won't increase by keeping your hands off the key board everytime someone breaks a rule but in the long run your heart health will improve :)

and to address the OP No I don't think Tyrod will here next year at least not as a QB but I could see a team drafting him in the later rounds as a project QB

It's a double edged sword with this board at times. Yes the self policing is a necessity, and there are too many pointless posts/threads by people who have just signed up. However I do think some take it too far with the self policing and come off as know it all cyber jerks. Honestly is it really necessary to keep piling on to point out how much of a fail a certain thread is? Is that not filling up this message board with just as much bad content as the thread itself? Some of the "self policemen" need to police themselves.

I'd actually be all for only certain people creating threads in here, which would be approved by mods instead of just having the privilege revoked after a pointless thread has been created.

/ rant

BTW: Tyrod Taylor has been projected as anywhere from the #8 to #13 QB in the draft translating him anywhere from the 5th to 7th round. His weaknesses of having trouble reading defenses, impatient, along with lacking touch and accuracy just do not seem to be anywhere near a good fit for this offense.

IMO his skill set would fit well with an offense that is very run heavy with a mix of wild cat who could bring him off the bench or perhaps even as a slot WR. I'd highly doubt that a team drafting him would actually expect him to be their future starting QB.

The best thing for everyone that's posted in this thread to do is to go read the ENTIRE Rules Page because A) Some of you don't get it & 2) Those that do could still use a refresher.

In fact, it's a good idea to actually take a look at them about once a month just to be safe as they get updated as needed with the changing times. :)

---------- Post added January-9th-2011 at 12:13 PM ----------

And one more thing. There's a NEW feature when you start a thread now. :)

Check Similar Threads Before Posting A New One

Features:

Indicated if you already subscribed to one or more similar threads

Hover over the title and it gives a little preview of the thread's content

To see how it works, go to start a thread with the title "andrew luck" & watch what happens. :ols:

Use the search function.

Not a great first post, or a great start here. Welcome aboard.

I don't think we should draft a QB. Keep rebuilding the O-Line.

In the meantime, settle this situation with Donovan McNabb. Put Grossman back in 2nd string. McNab can learn this offense. Grossman threw some intercpetions and fumbled the ball as well. He is no different than Donovan. Only difference is, Grossman has a year on McNabb in Kyle's system in Houston. Other than that, McNabb should be our starter right now. Drafting a QB would not be a smart decision. We drafted Campbell and Colt Brennan and look how we treated them. Campbell was blamed for everything that should have been blamed on the O-Line. Colt Brennan however took the cold shoulder from Mike Shannahan and was replaced with John Beck. Colt Brennan is much better than John Beck. So save our pick on an O-Linemen and worry about a QB situation later. We spent two draft picks on McNabb. Why not let him learn Kyle's system.

This thread needs to be deleted. I dread opening any thread and seeing this.

I hate the sense of superiority by so many posters on this board (most message boards that have been around for a while for that matter). Guess what? Post count and join date mean jack **** to the quality of someone's posts. ConnSkins, this thread really changed my opinion of you.

ConnSkins, this thread really changed my opinion of you.

I'm assuming you mean that it changed for this worse...so, I'm sorry? I started the thread with this post:

Use the search function.

Not a great first post, or a great start here. Welcome aboard.

Not overzealous, or even rude. Just stating a fact, and giving a tip. And then the posters screaming "mod-wannabe's!!!1!!!" came out of the woodwork, and I backed up my opinion, with this:

Starting duplicate threads with no substance is more a trait of a troll, than informing the OP of his mistake. Calm down. There is a certain standard around here, and this doesn't live up to it.

Again, succinct, and not rude. It then escalated a bit. But I was never rude, I just upheld my reasoning. I'm not going to stand by and be criticized for having high standards, without explaining why.

I'm sorry if that is sort of off-putting. But sometimes, you have to just not care what others think of you.

I don't think we should draft a QB. Keep rebuilding the O-Line.

In the meantime, settle this situation with Donovan McNabb. Put Grossman back in 2nd string. McNab can learn this offense. Grossman threw some intercpetions and fumbled the ball as well. He is no different than Donovan. Only difference is, Grossman has a year on McNabb in Kyle's system in Houston. Other than that, McNabb should be our starter right now. Drafting a QB would not be a smart decision. We drafted Campbell and Colt Brennan and look how we treated them. Campbell was blamed for everything that should have been blamed on the O-Line. Colt Brennan however took the cold shoulder from Mike Shannahan and was replaced with John Beck. Colt Brennan is much better than John Beck. So save our pick on an O-Linemen and worry about a QB situation later. We spent two draft picks on McNabb. Why not let him learn Kyle's system.

I agree 100% with this post, but Donovan's situation is beyond repair. The real question before us is do we go ahead and draft the QB of the future now at #10? Or do we stick with Sexy Rexy for another season.

---------- Post added January-10th-2011 at 05:32 PM ----------

I think we should bring Colt Brennan back.. this team needs a man who has a quick release..

Has there been any developments since his accident? He is yet another example with how impatient Shanny is being with QB's so far...

Taylor sucks as a QB. I'd take him if he can catch the ball out of the backfield or play RB.. or both.

See, these are the kind of posts I don't get. Taylor has had great success at Tech as a quarterback, and has matured and improved his game each year. So how does that translate to "Taylor sucks as a QB"? Seriously. Not "Taylor's game won't transfer to the pros" or some cogent argument - just a blanket assertion without any substance to back it up.

The fact is that Taylor doesn't suck as a quarterback. His career at Virginia Tech proves that.

I do think he progressed, but not to the point of an NFL QB. Just doesn't have the arm, height, or reading ability to do this.

He stares down receivers like most college QB's. He's your typical one read and run college QB. I live right beside Blacksburg, so I get to see him plenty. Just my opinion though.

Man I almost hope we do draft him just to make you guys look like idiots.

I think Tyrod has game changing ability and am strangely confident that he will play quarterback in the NFL. People that say he's a crappy qb either haven't seen any VT games or don't know how to analyze a qb's ability.

but as has been said several times, no one is suggesting to draft him in the top 3 rounds. he's a late round prospect. he'd be a project. naturally. everyone is just disregarding him because 'oh, he plays at tech so if you don't think he's awful you're a homer'. puhhlease..

I agree 100% with this post, but Donovan's situation is beyond repair. The real question before us is do we go ahead and draft the QB of the future now at #10? Or do we stick with Sexy Rexy for another season.

---------- Post added January-10th-2011 at 05:32 PM ----------

Has there been any developments since his accident? He is yet another example with how impatient Shanny is being with QB's so far...

Colt was cut by the Raiders. So, Shanny must know what he is doing.

Two words- James Madison. Bad team, weak conference, just not a good fit for any Va. Tech in the NFL.

Tech is a very good team in the ACC and it pains me to say it being someone who's family is big on UVA and I'm a JMU student but lets not act like Tech is some terrible ACC team who isn't good. Although that upset was pretty crazy ;)

Man I almost hope we do draft him just to make you guys look like idiots.

I think Tyrod has game changing ability and am strangely confident that he will play quarterback in the NFL. People that say he's a crappy qb either haven't seen any VT games or don't know how to analyze a qb's ability.

but as has been said several times, no one is suggesting to draft him in the top 3 rounds. he's a late round prospect. he'd be a project. naturally. everyone is just disregarding him because 'oh, he plays at tech so if you don't think he's awful you're a homer'. puhhlease..

Getting drafted and starting are two different things. He'll get drafted, he won't play QB. He's not a crappy QB, just not NFL caliber QB.

This is why VATech fans are so annoying. You guys get your panties in a bunch everytime someone says the slightest negative thing about one of your players. I'm a MD fan and you could have named most of their starting QB's in the last 10 years and I'd tell you that only Shaun Hill was worth a crap and he'll be a career backup like Reich was.

When these players leave their colleges, I just don't hang on to them anymore. I see fans of their team constantly "rooting" for their guy because he once wore their alma maters jersey. I went to the University of Memphis, but I tell you what. When we played the Panthers, I wanted us to crush DeAngelo Williams. I want us to beat the snot out of Shaun Hill when we play Detroit. You guys need to let these "Former" (Operative Word) players go.

As far as Taylor goes, he will not be a good QB in the NFL. Just my opinion, I'm not an expert, but I know what I've seen from him in his career. Very good college QB. It happens. don't be so damn offended.

---------- Post added January-12th-2011 at 02:11 PM ----------

I do think he progressed, but not to the point of an NFL QB. Just doesn't have the arm, height, or reading ability to do this.

He stares down receivers like most college QB's. He's your typical one read and run college QB. I live right beside Blacksburg, so I get to see him plenty. Just my opinion though.

Actually that was my assessment when watching the replay of the Orange Bowl.

enough with the rushing college QBs. they do not work in the NFL. and if they do its because their legs are finally gone and must adapt and are therefore old or, fresh out of the poke with something to prove and cant make it a whole season at the same level. its been tried and it consitently fails.

Getting drafted and starting are two different things.

When did I say they were the same? When did I say he would start? What post did you read?

This is why VATech fans are so annoying. You guys get your panties in a bunch everytime someone says the slightest negative thing about one of your players.
First, don't look at my panties. Second, they're not in a bunch. I'm just making an argument based on my opinion. I could have sworn that was allowed here.
As far as Taylor goes, he will not be a good QB in the NFL. Just my opinion, I'm not an expert, but I know what I've seen from him in his career. Very good college QB. It happens. don't be so damn offended.
I'm not offended. Not sure where you got that from. I'm no expert either, but I think he has the tools to play QB at the next level. He shouldn't be brought in to start or thought of as a savior that will lead us to the promised land, but I think he's got the ability to play QB in the NFL.

Archived