Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Fanhouse: The worst dropped pass of the NFL season(Cooley)

Coolio47

Even when we win, we still lose :ols:

Not surprised though, it's just the redskins fans' luck.

"Chris Cooley(notes) is normally one of the most sure-handed pass catchers on the Washington Redskins and one of the best receiving tight ends in the NFL. You wouldn't know it by looking at this play, which might go down as one of the worst drops of the 2010 NFL season: "

For the rest of the article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Video-The-worst-dropped-pass-of-the-NFL-season?urn=nfl-300571

How can it come close to being the worst when it's clearly irrelevent? The skins scored on the very next play and it didn't effect the outcome of the game! Sheesh...

Because it's the Redskins and the mediots will find something wrong with our team when there actually isn't in that area.

---------- Post added December-26th-2010 at 08:21 PM ----------

C'mon Hitman! That was obviously God's fault :silly:

Oh yeah, forgot about that. The God vending machine must have been broken for him. He needed exact prayer change and he was one thanking God too much.

Ah, the good old "Cooley has regressed" people start showing up.

I guess his hands are magically shriveling up or something, and that's how people define "regress"? God forbid the guy doesn't hit 800 yards receiving this year because he's had to block a lot more. I swear. Let a guy have a relatively bad game/somewhat down year before you declare him as "almost done."

The impatient attitude of Snyder seems to creep its way into the fanbase sometimes.

I think the writer's argument was that any average person could have caught Cooley's pass. Johnson's drop in the Bills-Steelers OT included some talent to get open and catch it in stride.

It was just as easy a catch. Johnson was just as open as Cooley, and it should have been caught. With the game on the line, Johnson gets the Drop of the Year award.

Archived