Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CSN:McNabb's agent fires back at Redskins

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Exactly right the agent is doing McNabb's bidding.

Which makes McNabb pathalogically passive-aggressive.

So what are the shanahans?...theyve been playing this game through the media all season...remember shanahan saying Mcnab didnt have the endurance then his media guy shefter saying mcnab doesnt know the offense...mcnab is just following his coaches lead

First, you have been making predictions about the Redskins since you were 6?

Shanny isn't lying, he just isn't telling people what they want to hear. They watch these guys throw balls every day, and based on Grossmans debut, his passes were a lot nicer and the offense ran A LOT smoother than what we have seen over the past 13 weeks.

Ill give Rex at least the next two weeks before I pass judgement, you should also, especially since your credentials can't touch Shannys.

To answer your first question yes I have and not just with the redskins but with sports in general...but I told you that you wouldn't believe me, thats one prediction I got right.

On to shanny he said out of his own mouth that he is a liar and will never tell the truth.

With rex two more weeks of play won't mean much. I rather go with a sample size of five YEARS of play over three WEEKS...but maybe that's just me.

You have every right to be impressed with junk stats against a bad d playing prevent...but it takes more than that with me.

Especially when rex was showing the same exact traits that made him a bad player (horrible decisions, fumbles, interceptions, throwing off his back foot, lobbing or floating passes with that candy arm). I wonder what people are going to say if this dude isn't even on the team next year.

To answer your first question yes I have and not just with the redskins but with sports in general...but I told you that you wouldn't believe me, thats one prediction I got right.

On to shanny he said out of his own mouth that he is a liar and will never tell the truth.

With rex two more weeks of play won't mean much. I rather go with a sample size of five YEARS of play over three WEEKS...but maybe that's just me.

You have every right to be impressed with junk stats against a bad d playing prevent...but it takes more than that with me.

Especially when rex was showing the same exact traits that made him a bad player (horrible decisions, fumbles, interceptions, throwing off his back foot, lobbing or floating passes with that candy arm). I wonder what people are going to say if this dude isn't even on the team next year.

What are you going to say if he does well this week? Against a team needing a win for the playoffs. I'll take Shanny the lying winner over Zorn the Swinging Gate oracle of purity and truth.

and your quote " I rather go with a sample size of five YEARS of play over three WEEKS."

Well then I'll take the Shanahan's YEARS of success and five probowl QB's over the WEEKS of McNabb's inconsistent play.

hindsight is 20/20, but he had no clue that vick was going to do this when he made the trade for mcnabb. he was still on the kolb train, which shows you he didn't know what he had.

stop fooling yourself. reids deal was a gamble, but mcnabb was bad enough that it was worth it to him.

The more I used to think like this, the more I question myself. Kolb has looked good more times than he looked bad. And there is a reason he wouldn't trade Vick for anything less than a number one. The Eagles could have pulled the trigger for a lesser pick, but chose not to.

I think it was less of a gamble than you think. I believe he looked at all three QB's, and said that DMac is the third best on the roster, despite the success he had in Philly. I believe he saw a QB on the decline of his career.

Another thought is this: he had his Super Bowl year with T.O. and a great defense (2004). T.O. made McNabb look better than he was. T.O. is (was) the kind of talent that make the people around him better. T.O. and Westbrook in their prime, combined with their very good O-lines from the early 2000's could have made almost any QB look good. McNabb had young talent in his last two years in Philly, but that young talent was still learning the game--hence, the bad games against Dallass. If you think DMac was no longer the best QB on the roster, why keep him? Best to move on with younger talent.

There is no doubt in my mind that if DMac stayed in Philly, they don't win that game against the Giants.

Shanny said out of his own mouth that he is a liar and that he will never tell the truth? I guess I missed that one...

And I'm pretty sure that everyone with a brain realizes Grossman is not the solution to QB, but neither is McNabb. Why waste the salary/expectations by sticking with McNabb instead of playing Grossman while Shanny grooms a young QB that can be around for a decade +.

P.S. - It's pretty impressive you've been making accurate sporting event predictions since you were 6. You must have been some kind of child prodigy. Can you please tell me who will win the BCS National Championship and the point spread of the game? I desperately need some fast cash.

What are you going to say if he does well this week? Against a team needing a win for the playoffs. I'll take Shanny the lying winner over Zorn the Swinging Gate oracle of purity and truth.

and your quote " I rather go with a sample size of five YEARS of play over three WEEKS."

Well then I'll take the Shanahan's YEARS of success and five probowl QB's over the WEEKS of McNabb's inconsistent play.

If he does well then ill say he played well. I don't think he will...i don't think he'll be horrible either I think he will play like he did in preseason which is like a serviceable backup qb. But if i had to choose if I think he'll play bad or well (my definition of well) then i would choose bad.

The question is what will you say if he stinks it up?

And mcnabb has had more successful YEARS than shanny post-elway

When you get in the red zone, there is no such thing as a prevent defense, Rex made some nice throws scoring 4 TOUCHDOWNS, topping it off with throwing 2 Conversions. He threw the ball into the endzone 6 times, hell we didn't even need to kick a field goal. That accomplishment alone deserves at the very minimum a "wow, let's wait and see attitude". This Shanny Mcnabb nonsense that you drama queens are dwelling on is stupid, give Shanny and Grossman some time, they both deserve it.

What are you going to say if he does well this week?

I know this wasnt directed to me but this week and more so next week is the true test...Dallas had the 2nd worst defense (for points allowed) in the league so him putting up 30 with an offensive system he's been in for 2 years doesnt impress me...Jacksonville has the 5th worst for scoring...so I truely want to see Grossman repeat what he did against the Giants...if he shines with them then I'll believe

If he does well then ill say he played well. I don't think he will...i don't think he'll be horrible either I think he will play like he did in preseason which is like a serviceable backup qb. But if i had to choose if I think he'll play bad or well (my definition of well) then i would choose bad.

The question is what will you say if he stinks it up?

And mcnabb has had more successful YEARS than shanny post-elway

If Rex's preseason performance was that of just a lowly backup then I'll take his 90.4 QB rating and 2:1 TD/INT ratio.

Also in my previous example Kurt Warner played very well after his stint with NYG--so I definitely can see McNabb doing the same. The point is is that he isn't a fit here so lets all just let him go without going bananas trying to coddle his pride--It will work out better for BOTH sides.

Channel 9 reported the cause of the relation going to hell was DMac suggested a few simple modifications to Kyle's offense and Kyles didn't like it or want to even listen to it. If this is true then this team will go nowhere with the huge ego's of a father and son running this team. If the ego's grow any larger, this could really get ugly. Mike Shanahan has earned respect through his carreer winning back to back Super Bowls in Denver, as well as another in Sanfran leading the 49ers offense to 55 points in Super Bowl 24.

Kyle had the #4th ranked offense last year in Houston with the #1 rated QB and Receiver, and didn't make the playoffs with the #13 ranked defense. His 4th ranked offense only scored 388 points all year. Offenses like the Giants and Ravens scored more points than the Texans. Not 1 time did the Texans make the playoffs in the 5 years he led their offense. Thats a scarey thought, if his system didn't win with a top rated QB, Receiver, and Offense, how can it win with an offense like ours?

I'm sure not going to say we can't or won't have a good offense, it will be interesting these next 2 weeks playing pretty good defenses and teams heading to the playoffs, and hopefully the 30 points we put up on Dallas wasn't a fluke.

Channel 9 reported the cause of the relation going to hell was DMac suggested a few simple modifications to Kyle's offense and Kyles didn't like it or want to even listen to it. If this is true then this team will go nowhere with the huge ego's of a father and son running this team. If the ego's grow any larger, this could really get ugly. Mike Shanahan has earned respect through his carreer winning back to back Super Bowls in Denver, as well as another in Sanfran leading the 49ers offense to 55 points in Super Bowl 24.

Kyle had the #4th ranked offense last year in Houston with the #1 rated QB and Receiver, and didn't make the playoffs with the #13 ranked defense. His 4th ranked offense only scored 388 points all year. Offenses like the Giants and Ravens scored more points than the Texans. Not 1 time did the Texans make the playoffs in the 5 years he led their offense. Thats a scarey thought, if his system didn't win with a top rated QB, Receiver, and Offense, how can it win with an offense like ours?

I'm sure not going to say we can't or won't have a good offense, it will be interesting these next 2 weeks playing pretty good defenses and teams heading to the playoffs, and hopefully the 30 points we put up on Dallas wasn't a fluke.

I don't really see you point here. I mean Houston averages 50 yards less a game in the air this year over last. They also have only 333 points this year with 2 games left. So in reality you can see some drop off from Kyle leaving.

also until they define "simple modifications" I'll reserve judgement.

Shanny said out of his own mouth that he is a liar and that he will never tell the truth? I guess I missed that one...

And I'm pretty sure that everyone with a brain realizes Grossman is not the solution to QB, but neither is McNabb. Why waste the salary/expectations by sticking with McNabb instead of playing Grossman while Shanny grooms a young QB that can be around for a decade +.

P.S. - It's pretty impressive you've been making accurate sporting event predictions since you were 6. You must have been some kind of child prodigy. Can you please tell me who will win the BCS National Championship and the point spread of the game? I desperately need some fast cash.

I guess you did miss it. And i would rather play the better player as long as he is on the team. And i guess you haven't been reading alot of post because some do believe that he is the answer and suggest not drafting a qb this year.

And I agree it is impressive, and some would say I was a child prodigy but I wouldn't, i did have well over a genius iq though and on various assessment and personality test I scored in the top percentile and was told as a result that only 1% of the population is like me...i could go on but its no point because like I said not many will believe me. That's just the way the world works...if your not famous or affiliated with the league than people think it's no way you could be all that knowledgable.

And im not a psychic lol. If I were than I would be a rich man now lol. I just have great analytical skills so I can see what the likely result will be after analyzing a situation. But I know ill be mocked for saying all that and that's fine...like I said if your not famous then in most peoples eyes your just average...but what they fail to realize is that most famous people are average people who had some type of opportunity.

And I know I probably seem arrogant and conceited but I'm not...just answering your question.

---------- Post added December-23rd-2010 at 09:32 PM ----------

I don't really see you point here. I mean Houston averages 50 yards less a game in the air this year over last. They also have only 333 points this year with 2 games left. So in reality you can see some drop off from Kyle leaving.

They say the "simple modifications" were more screen passes, slants, 3 step drops to help beat the pass rush.

I just expected they would have put up more points being the #4 offense last year, and with all that talent. Makes me wonder how well he will do with ours.

And I agree it is impressive, and some would say I was a child prodigy but I wouldn't, i did have well over a genius iq though and on various assessment and personality test I scored in the top percentile and was told as a result that only 1% of the population is like me...i could go on but its no point because like I said not many will believe me. That's just the way the world works...if your not famous or affiliated with the league than people think it's no way you could be all that knowledgable.

Wow.

They say the "simple modifications" were more screen passes, slants, 3 step drops to help beat the pass rush.

McNabb consistently threw these into the ground. The other 2 I saw a decent amount of, however he got a lot of drops as well. My point being that those "modifications" were present. Shanny after the bye-week even stated they were going to tailor the game plan even more so.

I'll concede one that you didn't mention though and that is more use of the shotgun. I don't know if those are in packages that McNabb hadn't "grasped" yet or if it was more due to the fact of Rex's penchant for fumbling.

Quickly? It took 4:39

Good point...McNabb doesn't do anything on the field quickly.

---------- Post added December-23rd-2010 at 08:04 PM ----------

Got it, so he pockets his money first and then run his mouth about how his client is being disrespected after the fact....Great!

Yes. This is how so many agents get bad reps :)

I just expected they would have put up more points being the #4 offense last year, and with all that talent. Makes me wonder how well he will do with ours.

I see that. My point was that even with the same great QB and WR etc that that same offense is actually putting up less yards and the same if not less points then with Kyle gone. I put more of the lack of points on McNabb's inability in the redzone and on 3rd downs.

McNabb consistently threw these into the ground. The other 2 I saw a decent amount of, however he got a lot of drops as well. My point being that those "modifications" were present. Shanny after the bye-week even stated they were going to tailor the game plan even more so.

I'll concede one that you didn't mention though and that is more use of the shotgun. I don't know if those are in packages that McNabb hadn't "grasped" yet or if it was more due to the fact of Rex's penchant for fumbling.

Yea i forgot to mention shotgun and that was the main one that was driving me crazy all year.

But like I said to someone earlier I think the big difference was the timing and number of times those plays were called. Donovans first progression was always the deep ball and that wasn't the case with rex.

Like someonelse says sonny j mentioned the difference and moss said there was a difference in the playcalling.

He def had his share of dirt balls but he did that his whole career. And i wouldn't say he can't throw a screen when he has had the best screen game the past ten years.

I put more of the lack of points on McNabb's inability in the redzone and on 3rd downs.

Wouldn't argue with that, though he has had some big drops in the RZ. What I would add though is some of the play calling, on both 3rd downs and within scoring distance; has been VERY questionable all year.

The problems been a combination of both men; and the two's on going feud, more from the side of the OC, has been pathetic.

Hail.

I know this wasnt directed to me but this week and more so next week is the true test...Dallas had the 2nd worst defense (for points allowed) in the league so him putting up 30 with an offensive system he's been in for 2 years doesnt impress me...Jacksonville has the 5th worst for scoring...so I truely want to see Grossman repeat what he did against the Giants...if he shines with them then I'll believe

I feel you on that

---------- Post added December-23rd-2010 at 10:17 PM ----------

When you get in the red zone, there is no such thing as a prevent defense, Rex made some nice throws scoring 4 TOUCHDOWNS, topping it off with throwing 2 Conversions. He threw the ball into the endzone 6 times, hell we didn't even need to kick a field goal. That accomplishment alone deserves at the very minimum a "wow, let's wait and see attitude". This Shanny Mcnabb nonsense that you drama queens are dwelling on is stupid, give Shanny and Grossman some time, they both deserve it.

If they deserve time then why doesn't mcnabb?

Answer that for me. You do know it takes time to learn a offense right?

Archived