Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wow! Donovan McNabb showing such class on the ESPN 980 show

graffjd

It stinks, but at least we got fleeced in an attempt to get a franchise QB. It's not like we got fleeced getting a RB or a WR who hasn't done much in the league like we've had before. I'll take the risk of getting fleeced if it's about trying to get a franchise QB any offseason, honestly.

Being fleeced is being fleeced, and the upside for trading for McNabb was always very limited. 33 year old injury prone QBs rarely improve with age.

Yeah that's what always kind of gets me about these things. I mean, the coaches see the players at practice several times a week or around the facility. They have all their contact information. I know I don't know much about the day-to-day runnings of a pro football team, but how hard is it really for the coach to walk up to his QB and say, "Hey, can you give me a couple minutes after practice, we need to talk"? You'd think that Shanny could've headed off all the drama by going to Donovan and, true or not, just telling him what he told the media, but AHEAD of time. "Hey, we're out of the playoffs. We're still building this thing so I want to use the last couple weeks for player eval. Nothing personal; if we were still in contention you'd be the guy no question." Even if fans and the media are kept in the dark, I just am always amazed at how difficult transparency between the coaches and players always seems to be and how much drama could be headed off at the pass if they'd all just talk to each other.

Or, would have burnt itself out before the game, rather have things still be a circus. Fortunately, the players still were able to have some focus and play a football game.

On the subject of "disrespect", my wife said it best: "I'd like to be paid that much to be disrespected."

please, the media this year has been horrendous.

redskins park and nationally they have seemed to lock onto ashburn and just rip it to shreds.

we all know the redskins are the media's whipping boys, but they must really hate shanny too.

i heard he was a dick to the media in denver, not to mention we also picked up one of the most controversial players in mcnabb.

by that i mean the fans hate him, but the media absolutely loves the guy. and you can see why. pure class, says the right things all the time. but on the field when you're rooting for him he just makes you scratch your head. but don't listen to the likes of keyshawn, carter, irvin, sapp, etc. former players have such a hard-on for mcnabb he could throw 5 interceptions a game and they would act like he was still elite. same thing with haynesworth. he's so good he can lay on the field and still make your team better. give me a break. all of this **** is "perception." it doesn't matter what you do on the field anymore, only what the media says you can do.

so mix it all up:

franchise that the media loves to bash + owner the media loves to bash + HC that the media loves to bash + defensive linemen who plays scapegoat for everyone + overrated qb the media loves = espn 8 (the ocho) non-stop redskins bashing coverage.

I didn't hear the interview (I will try later tonight on line) but I still think there's a better than 50% chance that McNabb is back next year, or they find a trade partner for a 3rd or 4th round pick.

There is no harm in having him work out with the team all off season, see if they can correct some of his mechanics during the off season, and maybe improve his accuracy. If they want to bring him into TC and see what happens, I'd be all for it. Worst case, you cut him then.

McNabb's agent signed a rotten deal. The 'Skins have leverage for the first time in ages. They need to use that leverage as much as possible to get picks.

I honestly could see us drafting a QB and have McNabb stick around for another year possibly 2 to help the guy out.

From all accounts, McNabb hasn't had the best practice habits, obviously doesn't grasp the offense and is going to make 12 million dollars next year. Why would you want that guy tutoring your new franchise QB?

I honestly could see us drafting a QB and have McNabb stick around for another year possibly 2 to help the guy out.

Maybe but if Donovan is not Mike's kind of QB, or more importantly, Kyle’s kind of QB, we need to ship him out. If they don’t want him as the starter we sure can’t pay him to be a backup.

I can't believe McNabb is a Shanahan pick, giving up on the guy you choosed and disrespecting him after just 13 games doesn't make any sense.

It does if you've realized you made a mistake, and don't want to stick with him to attempt to justify the move.

Mcnabb had a better game against houston than Rex had against dallas...so what's your point?

Can't base it off one game genious

huh? McNabb threw 1 TD against the WORST pass defense in the league...or close to it.

Rex threw 4 TD, and two 2-pt conversions, against a slightly better pass D, ran the offense more smoothly and efficiently, allowed us to control the clock in the second half, and also allowed us to NOT get any delay-of-game penalties or waste any timeouts on offense.

Not really seeing how McNabb had a better game against the Texans.

And its ironic that you say "can't base it off one game genius"...since that's exactly what you're trying to do, cherry-picking McNabb's best game, which was against a terrible defense, to say that he's played as well as Grossman. Except he's had 13 tries.

huh? McNabb threw 1 TD against the WORST pass defense in the league...or close to it.

Rex threw 4 TD, and two 2-pt conversions, against a slightly better pass D, ran the offense more smoothly and efficiently, allowed us to control the clock in the second half, and also allowed us to NOT get any delay-of-game penalties or waste any timeouts on offense.

Not really seeing how McNabb had a better game against the Texans.

4 for 4 in the redzone with 2 two point conversions with the game on the line.

no one's had that kind of game here this this year.

dude, honestly, you a full of ****.

it takes a lot of character to hold your tongue the way mcnabb is doing it in light of what has happened.

he has every right to go off.

again .. you are out of line with your post remark.

Huh? He's played like ****, after a big trade and a shiny new contract, and his journeyman backup came in, lit it up, and made him look even worse than his own play already was.

How does he have "every right to go off"? Because he isn't being handed starts despite not deserving them? Come on.

That's bs...then why does Vick credit mcnabb for helping him learn the qb position and showing him how to study and get better? Why was he praised when he first got here for his work ethic and leadership qualities...im not buying that bs that they tryin to sell

Who the hell knows? This ain't Philly and this ain't the same offense.

Huh? He's played like ****, after a big trade and a shiny new contract, and his journeyman backup came in, lit it up, and made him look even worse than his own play already was.

How does he have "every right to go off"? Because he isn't being handed starts despite not deserving them? Come on.

i do believe 75% of this board was on your side of the fence when we had campbell do the same thing. somehow since it's mcnabb we should baby him.

i think because it's a guy like mcnabb he shouldn't be handed anything. his reputation let him play last year when it was obvious kolb would be the better option.

but go figure, both qb's on that team are better than him.

---------- Post added December-21st-2010 at 03:07 PM ----------

Who the hell knows? This ain't Philly and this ain't the same offense.

it's uncharted waters for mcnabb. he's had the same system for 13 years and no one knows if he can learn a new one.

after this year i'm sure there's even more doubt about that.

i'm sure he's used to goofing around and half assing at practice because he wasn't learning anything in philly, it was all second nature to him. but now with the new system he's got the same attitude.

McNabb said he was informed by Espn about being downgraded to 3rd stringer.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/12/21/mike-shanahan-sticking-to-plan-with-donovan-mcnabb

"After we were mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, I sat down with Donovan to tell him we would go with Rex in the start at Dallas, he would be the backup and that he would be the No. 3 guy for the last two games,'' Shanahan said in a telephone interview on Monday night.

That's bs...then why does Vick credit mcnabb for helping him learn the qb position and showing him how to study and get better? Why was he praised when he first got here for his work ethic and leadership qualities...im not buying that bs that they tryin to sell

I think that this is due to the type of offense that Philly runs. Kyle’s feeling is that Donovan freelances too much. He wants him to go through his reads before passing the ball. Vick plays the position very similar to Donovan, a far more freewheeling style. Kyle wants things more organized.

People don't even realize its a double standard for the players they like. When Keiland Williams runs good vs philly its junk stats but grossman getting stats vs a prevent d and he had a great game.

Mcnabb underthrows armstrong and he is horrible, grossman underthrows him and its boy what a great play

Jason Campbell has a great game in 07 vs cowboys but throws a pic at the end and its oh he lost us the game, rex grossman throws a pic to end the game and its oh its ok he had a great game he had to throw it up and try something...lmao

Like I said this team and the fans are a joke...you can't even see what's happening. You have no foresight...don't see it until it happens.

Well here's a lil warning for you...rex is going to stink it up continue to have costly turnovers and we're goin to suck...then your goin to flip and turn on the player and coach like you always do...and then I'm goin to come on here and continue to laugh at you and call you out smh

---------- Post added December-21st-2010 at 03:26 PM ----------

@skinsdude i was responding to the comment that mcnabb was lazy and not putting effort into practice

---------- Post added December-21st-2010 at 03:27 PM ----------

@skinsdude i was responding to the comment that mcnabb was lazy and not putting effort into practice

People don't even realize its a double standard for the players they like. When Keiland Williams runs good vs philly its junk stats but grossman getting stats vs a prevent d and he had a great game.

Mcnabb underthrows armstrong and he is horrible, grossman underthrows him and its boy what a great play

Jason Campbell has a great game in 07 vs cowboys but throws a pic at the end and its oh he lost us the game, rex grossman throws a pic to end the game and its oh its ok he had a great game he had to throw it up and try something...lmao

Like I said this team and the fans are a joke...you can't even see what's happening. You have no foresight...don't see it until it happens.

Well here's a lil warning for you...rex is going to stink it up continue to have costly turnovers and we're goin to suck...then your goin to flip and turn on the player and coach like you always do...and then I'm goin to come on here and continue to laugh at you and call you out smh

Abso-freaking-lutely. :beavisnbutthead:

For the millionth time: Nobody is excited for Grossman; we are excited for the offense.

Donovan is everything that is right with the NFL; he's just not right for us,

maybe he really wants to be back next season. maybe he knows theres not much left out there. maybe he knows hes got alot of money coming his way if he stays. one way or the other, why wouldn't he want to stay?

...cause no other team is going to pay him that $10 million roster bonus in 2011 that he will get if he is kept by the Redskins. Can't see any team trading for him to pay alll of that money. The Redskins are his pay day.

Being fleeced is being fleeced, and the upside for trading for McNabb was always very limited. 33 year old injury prone QBs rarely improve with age.

I can't agree with the idea that the "upside was very limited". In fact, I'd venture to say that's outrageous to think, and I'm surprised someone as smart as you would say it. ;)

We had the chance at an elite franchise QB who could solidify that position for 3-4 years, if not more. His arm strength showed no decline nor his athleticism in general over the last few years. He has been injury prone, but they haven't been real serious injuries that sideline him for too long for the most part and they weren't due to age, more the style of play.

So, yeah, the upside was very, very "uppety", lol. As uppety as you could get. Guys like McNabb don't come available on the trading block once every ten years. You take the chance, every time.

I can't agree with the idea that the "upside was very limited". In fact, I'd venture to say that's outrageous to think, and I'm surprised someone as smart as you would say it. ;)

We had the chance at an elite franchise QB who could solidify that position for 3-4 years, if not more. His arm strength showed no decline nor his athleticism in general over the last few years. He has been injury prone, but they haven't been real serious injuries that sideline him for too long for the most part and they weren't due to age, more the style of play.

So, yeah, the upside was very, very "uppety", lol. As uppety as you could get. Guys like McNabb don't come available on the trading block once every ten years. You take the chance, every time.

you also had a chance at a guy like bradford who shanny says only comes around once every 10 years.

Archived