Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wow! Donovan McNabb showing such class on the ESPN 980 show

graffjd

Wow. That's kind of a bombshell right there. Makes me think it was a player or at least someone in the locker room vs a front office guy. I hope he straightened their arse out.

And Donovan is a classy guy, but count me among the few (one?) who think that there wasn't much that Shanahan could have done to make this easier on him. He tried to do that the first time and people freaked out because the nicer, watered down explanation he gave didn't justify the benching in peoples minds. The bottom line is, Shanahan isn't here to hold players hands. He's here to find a way to turn this team around. If someone is not playing up to the standards he expects to make that happen, his job is to coach them up if he can, or replace them if someone behind them on the depth chart shows promise of playing better.

All the controversy-speak aside... you could not have said it better Mike.

Whether he was a Philadelphia Iggle or the starting Skins QB and hope of the future or the 3rd string clipboard-holding QB, Donovan McNabb has always impressed me as a true, dyed-in-the-wool, class act. In a league made up of so many "me only" types, this guy was raised right. Kudos to his mother for raising him this way and kudos to the man that Donovan McNabb became. I personally hope he's back next year too.

PFB is reporting that McNabb and Haynesworth were at Alberts favorite water hole a couple weeks ago, and they shared stories as to their future.

McNabb now feels like Haynesworth leaked the story in an effort to get some cash to pay off debts.

More info to be released by Chris Mortenson at ESPN.

Chris Mortenson? It must be false then.

PFB is reporting that McNabb and Haynesworth were at Alberts favorite water hole a couple weeks ago, and they shared stories as to their future.

McNabb now feels like Haynesworth leaked the story in an effort to get some cash to pay off debts.

What is PFB?

Wow. That's kind of a bombshell right there. Makes me think it was a player or at least someone in the locker room vs a front office guy. I hope he straightened their arse out.

And Donovan is a classy guy, but count me among the few (one?) who think that there wasn't much that Shanahan could have done to make this easier on him. He tried to do that the first time and people freaked out because the nicer, watered down explanation he gave didn't justify the benching in peoples minds. The bottom line is, Shanahan isn't here to hold players hands. He's here to find a way to turn this team around. If someone is not playing up to the standards he expects to make that happen, his job is to coach them up if he can, or replace them if someone behind them on the depth chart shows promise of playing better.

And this is why i'm conflicted. Because i really like McNabb, he's a good down-to-earth cat. Plus i think he still has something left in the tank, but is not a good fit in this system. However, Shanny is about molding this organization, which means he has to hold players accountable to what they do on the field. I don't agree with how Shanny handled McNabb, but its kind of darned if you do and darned if you don't. Man! i just can't wait for this whole mess to be over with.

What is PFB

LOL, now that would be classic comedy.

99% false, but id love if that was true.

I've always liked McNabb and really wished things had worked out better. There were some points and wins left off the board this year that we could have had if we had elevated play from the QB position, which we hoped McNabb would give us. But there were too many breakdowns in the o-line, dropped passes, and questionable coaching decisions to put the blame squarely on McNabb. I wish he could have risen above that more than he did, but maybe he's playing hurt more than we know or maybe he really is past his prime. But I'm willing to bet he'll go somewhere else next season and light it up (and we'll probably lose to that team).

McNabb always knows the right thing to say, really classy guy. That said I wasn't impressed with his play this year (I know the line sucked and we had little to no running game for most of the year) and I wouldn't be heartbroken if he wasn't back next year, and really what does he have to gain in coming back here when we are (or should be) rebuilding with younger guys.

I really think that having this year and the offseason under Shanny learning the system and the way he needs to make the reads, etc. will really help him out. I think we give him one more year. If he can perform like Rex did, with an improved defense, we could be serious contenders.

I really think that having this year and the offseason under Shanny learning the system and the way he needs to make the reads, etc. will really help him out. I think we give him one more year. If he can perform like Rex did, with an improved defense, we could be serious contenders.

or If Rex can continue to perform the same way that Rex did

He'll be a great fit in Minnesota where he wanted to go in the first place. With Favre on his way out, they'll need him & he'll fit well in their system. And I'm pretty sure, he still wants to go there. He has always been very respectable in the media. Would never try to take that from him. TO & Limbaugh taught him that.

Eitherway... Peace & bacon grease, D. Mac! Enjoy the cold.

Yeah, he'll fit in well with their system....the system they don't even have at this point. Love when people grasp on to over used sayings and can't let go of them even when the situation...in this case a coach being fired...changes

I really think he needs another year in this system. Has Rex EVER been as good as Dmac? then why now? because he knows the system better...For example last year with the San Antonio Spurs they aquired Richard Jefferson and he stunk up the joint in Pop's system, everyone calling for his head, etc. Pop went out and personally worked with him one on one in the offseason and he has come back this year a new man.....

I really think that is what Dmac and Kyle needs to do this offseason, get together and make this right cause Dmac is a winner....

Quck question to the cap experts. Since he was given an extension does that mean that if we cut him he will have to pass through waivers? If so, then that would explain why he is being so PC about this and why we gave him the extension in the 1st place. For him to go somewhere he wants we would have to trade him there. Otherwise he would be at the mercy of the waiver monster.

This organization, local media, and fanbase have become a complete joke. The fact that people are happy with a backup qb playing like the backup qb that he is and a loss to our rival is sickening.

Mcnabb is a class act and he doesn't deserve to be

disrespected the way that he is. The best thing for him is to get out of here away from the egotistacle midget with a nepolian complex coach that we have here in DC.

Hopefully we get a good trade for him and he will do well next year and then people will wake up and realize what a dumb move lil nepolian made.

This organization, local media, and fanbase have become a complete joke. The fact that people are happy with a backup qb playing like the backup qb that he is and a loss to our rival is sickening.

disrespected the way that he is. The best thing for him is to get out of here away from the egotistacle midget with a nepolian complex coach that we have here in DC.

Hopefully we get a good trade for him and he will do well next year and then people will wake up and realize what a dumb move lil nepolian made.

:violin:

Archived