Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do These Last Three Games Mean Anything At All?

1972dodgedart

You play... to win... the game. ;)

Look, 8-8 sounds a heck of a lot better than 5-11 ("Not too good"). 5-11 says they might as well have kept Zorn.

Most importantly, I don't want the Skins to lose the division. That's a pretty daggum important goal. If paloffs aren't now, at least try not to embarrass your fans again.

People put too much into wins. Wins don't mean everything and records can be very misleading. Even if we went 8-8...we're still some ******* and I know we have the same problems we had when we were 5-8....now I just know it's going to be more difficult to fix those problems because we have lower draft spots due to winning 3 meaningless games..

Personally, after the Vikings game......none of these games have meant nothing to me.....I wish we culd have lost them all and I still do. We need a high draft pick to trade back with (drafting Hudson and Jonothan Baldwin) or picking up a guy like Marcell Dareus. Losing the rest of these games will also prevent Dallas from drafting Prince Amakura, P. Peterson, or Dareus. I actually hope Dallas wins the rest of their games. Alot of people will go crazy over that statement but I like to look at the big picture/long-term.

yea i know it does. these games aren't about now, they are next year and beyond. this is all about building towards the future this year is done for all practical purposes. Its about continuess greowth and striving towards perfection in their system. I know that thres only soo much of that they can do because alot if not most of the players that will make up this new team aren't here yet.But its a new way of playing thinking and doing. they do need to take a look at some players and see what they have but they already know what they need to upgrade on.going to be an interesting offseason as usual.but if things go well it truely could be the beginnings of something new and beautiful.stay tuned.

Look, 8-8 sounds a heck of a lot better than 5-11 ("Not too good"). 5-11 says they might as well have kept Zorn.

Most importantly, I don't want the Skins to lose the division. That's a pretty daggum important goal. If paloffs aren't now, at least try not to embarrass your fans again.

I agree here. I'd even take 6-10 and sweeping the Cowturds. If the Redskins can win Sunday, then I don't think this season will be a complete waste. Not only that, but these last 3 games can be used to evaluate some of the Practice Squad guys that have been recently added to the 53 man roster (like James Davis). If Shanny thinks some of these guys have great potential, and can contribute to the teams success in some way, then that could save us a few draft picks to go after other needs. For example, lets say Shanahan really likes J. Davis...well, then this off-season we don't need to draft a RB, and could use that pick on O-Line / D-Line, or LB (much more pressing needs IMO). So with that, I think these last few games could be used as an audition for next year for some of the younger guys.

I think he is going to take these three games as pre season games to see who should stay and who should go. Think about it. We are out of the playoff race. No Chance! So why not see what all the players on the team can do. Check out some of the young guys or guys that do not get a chance to play. This can be a good thing. We can get an early look at players and how they play in a real football game situation. Not only a quarter of a game like in preaseason. I know your going to say man that sucks. But sure, wins would be nice but what are they worth? Are they worth not knowing that you might have a Terrel Davis or a Shannon Sharpe on your team and you just wanted to go with the starters to get a win. This is Shannahan's first year. Why not see what he is doing before bashing him. Sure I wanted to make a new thread about this because everyone is over reacting but it belongs in anothers thread.

The Dallas game always means something.

Apart from that, it's hard for me to feel anything about the remainder of the aseaon.

Look, I don't want the Skins to be last in the division again. You can't erase that. I look at past standings. So do you. Last sucks. And last is forever.

So either Shanahan has stopped trying in these last three or he was too scared of the backlash to bench McNabb earlier, and didn't really try to win the first 13.

Either way Shanahan has stopped following Axiom 1.) You play... to win... the game. He is, mentally, [by definition] a loser.

RackMultipart.21668.0_display_image.jpg?1264054186

how are you not embarrassed?

They mean everything and nothing.

As far as this season goes, you might as well chalk us up to 5-11. The more we lose, the better the draft pick.

For the future, they could be the difference in setting the ground work for a real championship team. The coaching staff will find out who they can build a team around, and who has to go. The McNabb benching could bring out the "worst" in some players, and this may be for the best because you will see where their loyalties truly are, and if their hearts are in the right place.

The Redskins were done when they came off the bye week and were crushed 59-28 by the Eagles.

You spend 2 weeks preparing for an opponent and then London Fletcher says after the game that 'the Eagles seemed to have the right call for each of the formations we were using'.............. :(

Shouldn't it have been the other way around?

Archived