Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tashard Choice Asks Michael Vick For Autograph

UltimateSkins

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5914095

If I caught a skins player doing this I'd be pretty pissed. Hopefully this stunt will land him back in the Dallas doghouse. I don't care if he says that it's for his 2 year old nephew. A 2 year old can barely get out a coherent sentence let alone watch football and understand it. I'll bet this one was for himself.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5914095

If I caught a skins player doing this I'd be pretty pissed. Hopefully this stunt will land him back in the Dallas doghouse. I don't care if he says that it's for his 2 year old nephew. A 2 year old can barely get out a coherent sentence let alone watch football and understand it. I'll bet this one was for himself.

As I told a guy in another thread, he probably was already good friends with Vick and might have been getting it for some kid he knew. Vick had probably already promised it to him. That might explain why he already had the pen ready to go and everything. Choice played college ball in Atlanta around the same time Vick was last there. I'm betting that's probably what went down. If not, then yeah, I'd be pretty pissed about it if I were another Dallas player or coach. You just don't do that stuff that way. There's a time and place.

They are all pros though, Not like Choice can't just call Vick up anytime ever and get an autograph. It rubs me the wrong way for him to be overly chummy like that right as the clock reaches :00

I said I wasn't a fan of it. But we don't know the whole story. It could be for some sick kid he knows or something. And that might have been his best shot to get the autograph, just as the game ended. Because Vick would have been tied up in interviews, pressers, etc.

Timing was horrible. We were all fans first. But to pull out a sharpie and a glove at the midfield handshake as cameras are rolling on the biggest story of the year just seemed a little out of place.

Choice looked liike a four year old fan at training camp. If he really was getting it for someone else, this all could have been handled in a better way.

Me personally, it doesn't bother me. It's football. Before and after the games, these players are friends with each other. The 60 mins of football, they're enemies. IMO, the way the NFL seems to LOVE to try to promote good sportsmanship, Vick signing the autograph at that time, isn't bad at all to me. It may just be exactly what some people need to see, just to prove to people that it is in fact, just a game. I guess that Redskins, Cowboys, Eagles and Giants shouldn't play on the same Pro Bowl team.

Boxers punch each other in the head for 12 rounds, and then hug each other lol.

i don't care about the autograph personally but i have to question his judgement b/c his ego-maniac boss Jerry Jones was on the sidelines at the end of the game. i don't imagine he would be too happy about seeing that on his prized field. that seems like something that would set him off and get you cut immediately.

Rivalry is for the fans.

For the players, it's a job.

Simple as that.

says the puke fan, lol, i'd be trying to create excuses for that too. I don't care if they don't share the rivalry or not, you don't do that after a divisional game, especially after getting beat.

says the puke fan, lol, i'd be trying to create excuses for that too. I don't care if they don't share the rivalry or not, you don't do that after a divisional game, especially after getting beat.

dude, you act like players weren't trying to get Favres autograph when they thought he was retiring the first, second or third time. Lots of players have tried to get autographs after games. They're all fans of the game.

Each to their own, and autographs have never been my bag; but if I thought Michael Vick was the greatest player to ever suit up, and his autograph would be the most prized autograph in the World of autograph thingies (I know what I mean); I sure as heck wouldn't have it on principle from him now if he offered to pay me to take it.

But that's me, Each to their own.

Hail.

i look at this the same way that I look at Derek Anderson "laughing" on the bench during a blowup. Mediots looking for something to write about. I couldn't care less....

I agreed with the media getting involved with that one. The dude who questioned Anderson even said that the fans were wondering about that, and although he didn't get an answer, I'm sure the fans appreciated him at least asking. I know I would have wanted to know what was funny. Just like when Randle El did it last year.

dude, you act like players weren't trying to get Favres autograph when they thought he was retiring the first, second or third time. Lots of players have tried to get autographs after games. They're all fans of the game.

I loved Desmond Bishop's comment after the last Packers v. Favre game. He picked off Favre for a TD, and when speaking to the media, he said he was gonna try and get Favre to sign the ball :ols:

Honestly, these guys are fans of the game. How can you not be impressed with Vick"s athletic skills? Even if he's a douchebag, he's still a really good athlete. I have little problem with this.

Plus they're both offensive players. Its not like Choice had just played defense against Vick all night. Its a non-story, imo.

Archived