Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

nfl.fanhouse.com: Haslett slams Haynesworth

ECU-ALUM

Doc basically called the players *******, locker room toxic, and the organization shams for using al as the scapegoat for all our problems. I was blown away, I've never heard anyone say those things. It sounds completely off base and I don't get what he was talking about. Then coach just laughs and encourages him.

Yep...Doc's stance on this issue is very odd and misguided. You'd think, being more a "lunchpail" type of player himself, that he'd be siding with guys like Daniels and Fletcher.

The funny thing about all this is that Haynesworthless doesn't care..

The way he looks at all this is he doesn't have to practice anymore. The dude is pathetic and it had zero to do with the coaches.

Actually you have to give Jeff Fisher credit for getting as much out of him as he did. But it was before he was rich and remember how he was at his best on the contract year. the best way to get Haynesworthless to play again is for him to go broke.

---------- Post added December-10th-2010 at 12:32 PM ----------

If the Skins can't get a good deal for him in the offseason I'd much rather see them play him every snap next preseason and then release him after the last game of preseason.

Yep...Doc's stance on this issue is very odd and misguided. You'd think, being more a "lunchpail" type of player himself, that he'd be siding with guys like Daniels and Fletcher.

I agree. And I also think guys like Doc and B-Mitch are misinterpreting the comments of Daniels, Carter, etc. No one on the team is pointing the finger at Albert, saying the distractions he caused derailed the season. They're simply saying they wished Albert would have put in the work everyone else did Monday - Saturday, because he's a talented player who could have helped the team more if his heart had been in it. It's frustrating to players who aren't necessarily as talented as Albert to watch a guy like him loaf around all week. That's just being honest, and I don't blame them one bit for saying it.

Actually you have to give Jeff Fisher credit for getting as much out of him as he did. But it was before he was rich and remember how he was at his best on the contract year. the best way to get Haynesworthless to play again is for him to go broke.

It was said that the coaches in Tenn. let Fat Al do what ever he wanted. And that was the only way to get any production out of him.

I wish someone would slam Jim and crack one of his ribs or something, Can a coach be put on the IR or the PUP? Sad to say, but everything he is saying is probably right but when reading this I can help but think about the saying "Why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?".

It's true that Haslett's defense has been awful this season, but if his best player would have actually showed up to work, even 1/2 of the time, it would have been better. Haslett has his issues, but being a lazy piece of **** and robbing people blind by not doing the job you're paid more than anyone else in the league to do, isn't one of them. This is an Albert issue, and most of the team leaders tried to help him, coaches too, but Albert is a big spoiled baby.

There's no comparison between Haslett and Albert. Halsett came to do his job, and sucked at it. Albert initially did a couple things here and there, then just decided he didn't want to play.

It's true that Haslett's defense has been awful this season, but if his best player would have actually showed up to work, even 1/2 of the time, it would have been better. Haslett has his issues, but being a lazy piece of **** and robbing people blind by not doing the job you're paid more than anyone else in the league to do, isn't one of them. This is an Albert issue, and most of the team leaders tried to help him, coaches too, but Albert is a big spoiled baby.

There's no comparison between Haslett and Albert. Halsett came to do his job, and sucked at it. Albert initially did a couple things here and there, then just decided he didn't want to play.

Exactly. How exactly is Haslett coaching a poorly performing defense supposed to be immensely worse than a player taking the most money in history and just quitting in every aspect of being a football player? I don't think bistw's hyperbole fits.

It will be interesting to see who we bring in next year and if this defensive scheme can really work.

I think for sure we will be saying goodbye to Carter, Rogers, and possibly Rocky in addition to WeightGainsworth.

I would be in heaven if we just pickedup some mean/tough-as-nails LB who gets fined every week for knocking people out and scaring the **** out of opposing teams. Call me a sick **** if you will, but this is what I love about football and I'll take a 15 yarder once a game if that means somebody is getting carted off the field.

Haslett may end up being the sacrificial lamb for this year's terrible defensive performance, but my gut tells me that its a personnel problem, starting with the lack of big bodies up front.

I think it's both. I don't think Haslett is 32nd ranked defense bad, but I think he's an average defensive coordinator at best. I think some of the better offensive minds will out coach him. To be a championship team with Haslett as defensive coordinator, we'll need elite talent on defense or a high scoring offense.

I have to agree with Haslett on his assessment of Haynesworth. The guy wasn't happy and he clearly only plays when he wants. The skins did the right thing, but it took them too long to do that. This problem should have been solved months ago. The major benefits to not having him here is that he is not a disruption any more, he is not going to cause any further heartache with knowing whether or not having him made a difference on the defense. Also the team and fans can move forward and also we know that he didn't end up on Tampa, Dallas, or NY before the end of the year when we have to play.

Archived