Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

nfl.fanhouse.com: Haslett slams Haynesworth

ECU-ALUM

I think what I find most sad about the entire situation, and not from a Skins standpoint, but simply a human standpoint, is what Alberts response to all of this will be. You know how you get that feeling when we cut/trade a player, you always think about the aftermath. "Watch this guy just have a blowout game against us, watch him just run all over us, etc..." I just don't get that feeling with this cat.

This might actually be the one guy, that when he's gone, I think I can look at him and say, "what a piece of **** football player that guy was"! It doesn't matter if he goes to another team, these coaches will always have a plan of how to take him out of his game. He's a talented guy, but he's got no heart. He'll only play enough to think he's won the battle, and obviously when he faces other people who aren't willing to give up over simply just a battle, but are willing to take you to task everyday, he simply can't hang.

It's kinda sad actually when you think about it. Someone so ****ing lazy can make so much money...

Jim Haslett Takes Turn Criticizing Albert Haynesworth's Work Ethic, Maturity

By David Elfin

NFL Writer

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/12/09/jim-haslett-takes-turn-criticizing-albert-haynesworths-work-eth/?ncid=edlinkusspor00000004

Haynesworth was always positive about Redskins defensive coordinator Jim Haslett, from the time he first talked to the press corps this year back in training camp through the last time he did so last Sunday, two days before Haynesworth was suspended for the rest of the season without pay by Redskins coach Mike Shanahan.

So Haslett spent more than four months walking a tightrope between the boss, who hired him to install the 3-4 defense, and the player, who adamantly objected to being a part of it.

Thursday, Haslett took off the gloves and said what he really thought of Haynesworth, one of the world's richest and laziest football players.

"I saw a guy who just got $100 million play bad as a three-technique," Haslett said of watching Haynesworth on tape after coming to Washington in January. "Then ... a defensive coordinator (Greg Blache) left, I saw a guy who blasted him, saying, 'Well, I didn't like the defense. I didn't like the way I was used.' So can you ever make the guy happy? I don't know. ...

"He wasn't happy this year with the 3-4. He wasn't happy last year with the 4-3. What else do you want to do? Want to run a 2-5? ... I don't think I've ever had a player tell me he didn't want to play (the base 3-4) and then later say he didn't want to play nickel versus the run, (saying) 'Just play me on third downs.' We tried to accommodate him. It's a shame because he's athletic enough. He can do almost anything he wants. Obviously, he didn't want to do it."

"Do I still like Albert? Yeah, I really like the guy. But sooner or later ... he's going to have to grow up."

-- Jim Haslett on Albert Haynesworth Haslett, not surprisingly backed Shanahan's decision to declare Haynesworth inactive for last Sunday's critical NFC East game at New York, one in which the Giants pounded the Redskins 31-7.

"I think Mike made the right decision to make him inactive," Haslett said. "We know over the years, based off what we saw last year in film, when he doesn't practice well or he doesn't show up for Christmas -- -- whatever the situation is -- then he doesn't play well. ...

"If the guy's not willing to do what you want (him) to do and you're the head coach, and the guy doesn't practice well on Thursday -- about as poor as I've ever seen -- and then Friday, (he has) a so-called illness (so) that he doesn't practice, then, if I'm the head coach, (I've) got to make a decision: What's best for the football club?"

As for the 29-year-old Haynesworth's future, Haslett said the big man has to mature if he wants to keep playing in the NFL.

"Do I still like Albert?," Haslett said. "Yeah, I really like the guy. But sooner or later ... he's going to have to grow up and understand what's going on. ... My father told me, 'There's things in the world that you're not going to want to do, but if you want to get ahead in the world, you're going to have to do it.' Well, I think we're at that point (with Albert). Not everybody in the National Football League is going to let Albert just do what he wants on the field. It doesn't work that way."

Work is not something that Haynesworth prefers, especially once he had pocketed more than $30 million from the Redskins in less than a year and half, before he even reported for training camp in July after skipping the entire offseason program -- including the mandatory minicamp -- because he didn't want any part of the 3-4.

And now his coaches don't want any part of him.

I hope that next season Haslettem Score is cutting Fat Albert's grass.

So after slamming albert, hase-lett, can you explain why you still used a system that didn't play to the other players strengths?

And some people thought our defense sucked when Nolan was defensive coordinator but not anymore.

We gave up (still giving) record yardage with and without albert, though albert did help us steal a win in chicago on that Cutler fumble that was really a TD.

Archived