Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Avocado is the bacon of all fruits/vegetables

shk75

They actually have the nerve to call an avocado a fruit. They might be okay combined with other types of food but by themselves they are mushy & worse than bland. No Guacamole. Anybody that says avocados are as good as bacon is very evil.

---------- Post added December-10th-2010 at 05:13 AM ----------

The salt & lemon juice is to cover up the non existent flavor & bad texture. Bacon does not need any help.

I don't think anyone has said avacado is as good as bacon, just that it's the closest thing to bacon from the "doesn't come from an animal" world.

i remember living in maryland and having guacamole once a month or so. that was all i had of avocadoes. now that im in texas i prolly eat at least 2 a week. i always wondered how the avocado wasnt popular everywhere in the US. they are so friggin good. you can put them on anything or just eat them by themselves.

if there was one fruit that could match bacon, its gotta be the avocado.

heres something to try for you non believers:

cut an avocado in half, take out the seed, and trim out some of the middle. add your favorite seafood mixture. i put in crab meat... lightly fry and drizzle with ranch or something of that sort. friggen awesome. and if you want, wrap it in some bacon. that cant hurt either.

---------- Post added December-10th-2010 at 08:57 AM ----------

The salt & lemon juice is to cover up the non existent flavor & bad texture. Bacon does not need any help.

the lemon juice is typically used to keep them from turning brown. kinda like after you bite into an apple and let it sit for a few minutes.

One reason avocado compares to bacon is the fat content:

Avocados have a fat content of between 71 to 88% of their total calories - about 20 times the average for other fruits. An avocado is close to 300 calories. A typical avocado contains 30 grams of fat, but 20 of these fat grams are health-promoting monounsaturated fats, especially oleic acid.

However, the avocado is better for you nutritionally than other fatty snacks:

A good source of vitamin K, dietary fiber, vitamin B6, vitamin C, folate, copper, and contain more potassium than a medium banana- 877 grams of potassium in one avocado vs 470 grams in a banana. And much less sugar!

Source

Avocada might be my favorite food in the whole world. ****ing delicious.

---------- Post added December-10th-2010 at 10:09 AM ----------

One reason avocado compares to bacon is the fat content:

Avocados have a fat content of between 71 to 88% of their total calories - about 20 times the average for other fruits. An avocado is close to 300 calories. A typical avocado contains 30 grams of fat, but 20 of these fat grams are health-promoting monounsaturated fats, especially oleic acid.

However, the avocado is better for you nutritionally than other fatty snacks:

A good source of vitamin K, dietary fiber, vitamin B6, vitamin C, folate, copper, and contain more potassium than a medium banana- 877 grams of potassium in one avocado vs 470 grams in a banana. And much less sugar!

Source

Good fats though... right?

They actually have the nerve to call an avocado a fruit.

That is because it is. Back when we lived in California, we had an avacado tree in the back yard. My mom used to make Guacamole from it and it was the best Guacamole that I've ever had.

I'm not really a fan of it plain, but having it on sandwiches is yummy.

When I moved to border land down here in Texas the #1 thing I noticed was I was eating both avocado and back beans 3-4 times a week. I ****ing love black beans. You can do so much with both and integrate them in so much cooking.

I freaking love black beans. They completely enhance any burrito, taco, or other southwestern/Mexican dish.

I'm a big guacamole fan, too. I used to hate it when I was a kid, now I love the stuff. Though I've never had any other avocado product. I guess I should get on that and see what the fuss is all about.

I can eat bacon by itself

can you eat avocados by themselves?

Ohhhh, yea. Its a ****ing fantastic snack. Don't you live in California now? You should know these things man!

Cut it in half. Take the pit out. Grab a spoon and a tiny bit of salt. Enjoy. If you really want, just cut up some tomato and a little feta and put it in the there too. But yea, avocado plain is awesome.

They actually have the nerve to call an avocado a fruit. They might be okay combined with other types of food but by themselves they are mushy & worse than bland. No Guacamole. Anybody that says avocados are as good as bacon is very evil.

Bacon is fried, you don't get much more help than that.

Avocado's are amazing. Try diced tomatoes and avocado on a hot dog, it's how chileans make them, you won't be disappointed. (well unless you're crazy like Enzo)

---------- Post added December-10th-2010 at 05:27 PM ----------

Good fats though... right?

Yes. They are a good source of monounsaturated fat.

Avocado's are amazing. Try diced tomatoes and avocado on a hot dog, it's how chileans make them, you won't be disappointed. (well unless you're crazy like Enzo)

Interesting. I feel like I would still want some form of sauce, I just like the texture of a sauce so much with a hot dog. Do you know if any type of mustard seems to work with this? I would guess ketchup wouldn't.

Yes a "completo" oh man those are so good I used to eat them all time when I lived in Chile, especially after a late night of drinking.

Avacado is the greatest condiment, fruit, and food accessory of all time.... next to bacon. Its full of win, and I like to put it in my Kraft macaroni and cheese. I also like Avacado dipped in chocolate for a dessert treat. It is also one of the best burger toppings, next to Bacon, and when you have both on a burger.... Voltron is formed.

Though this has nothing to do with Avacado, when I was in St. Lucia I had a crossiont with a slice of pine apple, a lice of mozzerella, and a slice of tomato on it, and then the top half of the crossiont on top. Full of win, and I would eat it with a slice of avacado instead of tomato.

Ohhhh, yea. Its a ****ing fantastic snack. Don't you live in California now? You should know these things man!

Cut it in half. Take the pit out. Grab a spoon and a tiny bit of salt. Enjoy. If you really want, just cut up some tomato and a little feta and put it in the there too. But yea, avocado plain is awesome.

I like avocados, but not by itself, the texture is weird and it's like an oily pear. I consider avocados to be in a class of their own... but still bacon>avocados all else being equal

Archived