Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SI: Donovan McNabb is not the answer.

lockerroom cancer

I'm not going to judge any QB who is down to his 3rd and 4th string RB's, has no protection what so ever, and has receivers who are dropping 1/3 of the passes that hit their hands. Please name just 1 QB who can succeed behind this offense.

This. McNabb is doing better than I would expect considering the turd of an offensive team that surrounds him.

Guest Spearfeather
It's clearly the quarterback's fault when the ball hits the receiver's hands, slips right through those hands, hits the receiver's helmet, and is intercepted. "Several of his throws into triple coverage?" Please identify those throws into triple coverage? I have each of the games and I'll go back and look at those alleged throws into triple coverage.

You are watching this game, right?

Dropped balls, and bad passes.

McNabb sucks. Dirt balls. Could have easily made a first down, but deides to fumble the ball instead. He CANNOT throw short or intermediate routes. His reads are poor. He seems to have forgotten how to feel pressure and step up... Yes, the supporting cast is not so good either, but a worse QB did just as well with a worse supporting cast. Rather have the picks pack at this point. McNabb is done.

I can't even believe that fans are putting this on McNabb. We all knew that he was going to perform like he did with the Eagles with our weak O-Line. Remember, with the Eagles they ran him on a lot of bootleg plays. In order to create an effective bootleg scheme, you need a good O-Line. Also, McNabb had good receivers with the Eagles. One being Kevin Curtis; now a free agent. The other being Jackson. The Redskins had numerous opportunities to improve on WR this season by signing free agents Terrell Owens, Randy Moss and Kevin Curtis. They have passed up on all three of this options and it has cost them. So the real question is, "Is Shanny & son the answer?".

If Shanahan starts trying to make moves on trading McNabb, that may result in his release from Washington Redskins. If McNabb ends up getting traded to another team and doing well, it will upset a lot of fans. The worst thing Shanny could do is trade McNabb to a better team.

He isn't the answer. That said I hope he stays here until we get the lines figured out, then we can try and draft a franchise QB.

Joe Montana, or John Elway are not the answers either with these Wr's and OL. Nobody could play with this OL and pencil neck offensive coordinator who is the absolute worst play caller I have ever seen.

He isn't the answer. That said I hope he stays here until we get the lines figured out, then we can try and draft a franchise QB.

I don't think giving McNabb the boot would do anything. That's just another QB that has to learn the system. McNabb is still a good QB. He did exactly what I thought he would for this season. Eventually we were going to have to play the Giants and get crushed by their defense. No QB is going to do good unless they have an O-Line and time to learn the system. Based on the contract extension McNabb signed, he is here to stay until he retires. If we rebuild the O-Line, we will see better results from McNabb.

It appears that we might have made a mistake with the trade

D Mac adds value in leadership....(some compared to Dragon Heart Campbell) and Skill level

But what did we give up?.......2 rebuilding draft picks to gain maybe 2 more wins?

If we are 8-8 instead of 6-10.....we are actually WORSE off because we are in no-mans land of the draft...with 2 less picks

If D Mac gets us into the play-offs then its worth it

With our monumental Suckage level....and the potential strike next year....it just seems like we are 1/2 a Decade away from that

McNabb's had a lot more bad games this year than he usually had with the Eagles.

Part of the reasons for this; (1) his supporting cast, (2) part of it is that he's not 'gelling' with the Shanahan offense and (3) he's not seeing the field as well -- his decisions are getting worse.

I'm not sure what's happened -- but the number of McNabb's quality perfomances have declined and his "bad days" have increased.

He's not a good fit here --unless something improves ASAP, I'd be surprised to see him with the Skins next season.

As much as I think this post is bad; here is a solution for you.

Pretend your the owner. You tell Shanny to conduct a trade and give them McNabb for AP. It's clear that Favre is gone after this season, so Vikings agree and they get a good decent QB in exchange for their elite running back. Now McNabb is with a team that can block for him and catch his deep throws. Where is the sense in that?

Anywhere McNabb gets traded, he is going to benefit within a year or two. Any team that takes him is going to build the team around him. Redskins could trade him to Detroit and he would probably do better there, because a team like Detroit would have signed Randy Moss in a heart beat, to give McNabb a deep option to throw to. Detroit would have probably signed Kevin Curtis, to give McNabb some good Eagles chemistry on the field.

All of you Donovan lovers, how did you like that last interception in the end zone. He had time and still threw it right to the Giant's DB. He is HORRIBLE!:mad:

Umm...I think you confuse McNabb "love" with McNabb fairness

McNabb played POORLY today....that's the be all and end all of it. But it doesn't mean that all the points before with people having a different Point of view weren't valid

As I've personally already said, if releasing him is the BEST move for us..do it. If keeping him and building a solid team until we can hand it off to a hopefully promising QB, do that too. Sometimes if something doesn't fit you move on. McNabb with the Redskins may go down as Favre with the Jets, or Kurt Warner with the Giants, one poor season won't kill him. People have short term memory in football so this doesn't necessarily mean the end for Donovan or our franchise. Again if the best option is for us to both move on, then do it. But don't call people "McNabb lovers" because they wanted to give him a fair shot for maybe a 2nd year or so, or pointing out the obvious holes on our team

It appears that we might have made a mistake with the trade

D Mac adds value in leadership....(some compared to Dragon Heart Campbell) and Skill level

But what did we give up?.......2 rebuilding draft picks to gain maybe 2 more wins?

If we are 8-8 instead of 6-10.....we are actually WORSE off because we are in no-mans land of the draft...with 2 less picks

If D Mac gets us into the play-offs then its worth it

With our monumental Suckage level....and the potential strike next year....it just seems like we are 1/2 a Decade away from that

That's basically what a lot of us said when the trade was made. It wasn't because I thought he would play poorly. But he has.

As much as I think this post is bad; here is a solution for you.

Pretend your the owner. You tell Shanny to conduct a trade and give them McNabb for AP. It's clear that Favre is gone after this season, so Vikings agree and they get a good decent QB in exchange for their elite running back. Now McNabb is with a team that can block for him and catch his deep throws. Where is the sense in that?

Anywhere McNabb gets traded, he is going to benefit within a year or two. Any team that takes him is going to build the team around him. Redskins could trade him to Detroit and he would probably do better there, because a team like Detroit would have signed Randy Moss in a heart beat, to give McNabb a deep option to throw to. Detroit would have probably signed Kevin Curtis, to give McNabb some good Eagles chemistry on the field.

Yep. His game today was about as bad as it was against the Bears. I personally don't believe in hanging onto a player for the sake of it. Heck I'd say release him tomorrow if you KNOW he's a bad fit

And there's the mental factor as well. When opposing teams look like allstars against your "3-4 defense", then that sets expectations with the offense to score as many points. And when they don't, then there's anger. We don't have the firepower for a shootout. So as a team both offensively and defensively we're in a deep DEEP hole

I say fire Haslett. And I say from there, we can debate whether McNabb may or may not be a fit here. I would prefer to give him another year in the system and a better built team, but that wouldn't matter anyway if he's not a fit

Yep. His game today was about as bad as it was against the Bears. I personally don't believe in hanging onto a player for the sake of it. Heck I'd say release him tomorrow if you KNOW he's a bad fit

And there's the mental factor as well. When opposing teams look like allstars against your "3-4 defense", then that sets expectations with the offense to score as many points. And when they don't, then there's anger. We don't have the firepower for a shootout. So as a team both offensively and defensively we're in a deep DEEP hole

I say fire Haslett. And I say from there, we can debate whether McNabb may or may not be a fit here. I would prefer to give him another year in the system and a better built team, but that wouldn't matter anyway if he's not a fit

As for getting rid of McNabb he is hear to stay. His contract sort of matches Haynesworth's. So releasing him is out the question. When we get some more O-Linemen, we will love him even more. We can get decent O-Linemen off free agency if we don't place that good in the draft. Start looking at some of these colleges with good run schemes, and take a closer peak at the O-Linemen that made it happen for them. These are little things our scouters could be doing to seek good O-Linemen. They are out there; the Redskins just have to find them.

whether the Redskins keep McNabb or not the truth is there is nothing in the cupboard to replace him.

Rex Grossman and John Beck are both 30 year old players who have been discarded by MULTIPLE organizations.

So, the situation at quarterback long-term goes further than simply #5.

As for getting rid of McNabb he is hear to stay. His contract sort of matches Haynesworth's. So releasing him is out the question. When we get some more O-Linemen, we will love him even more. We can get decent O-Linemen off free agency if we don't place that good in the draft. Start looking at some of these colleges with good run schemes, and take a closer peak at the O-Linemen that made it happen for them. These are little things our scouters could be doing to seek good O-Linemen. They are out there; the Redskins just have to find them.

they can cut him after this season without a ginormous hit. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5812371

Archived