Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SI: Donovan McNabb is not the answer.

lockerroom cancer

McNabb needs time to throw and running backs need blockers-the O line is the issue! Wise up people! Mcnabb is better than Campbell-hand down!

I'll agree that over the course of their careers McNabb has been a better QB then Campbell.

But, as a Redskins QB Jason Campbell and the Zorn's 2009 passing offense (with a less talented OL) is better then McNabb and Kyle's 2010 passing offense in every meaningful passing metric (YPA, PPG, RZ scoring,

3rd down conversions, QB comp %, QB rating).

That being said McNabb could still be the answer it just depends on the question.

I can understand all of the frustration here from all of the losses that we as fans have had to endure. But, some of these quotes are hilarious.:ols:

First of all, I'm very surprised that McNabb is still healthy enough to be our starting QB every week. Those of you who have played football know how much those shots that he is taking on just about every other play hurt.

Also, how can people think that McNabb's accuracy wouldn't suffer after having to take all of those hits and having to constantly step up, dodge and sprint out to either side just to avoid getting sacked and give himself time to throw the ball? Do you honestly believe that Campbell, Grossman or Beck could have made even a quarter of the plays that McNabb has made this season while under that much duress?

McNabb has no supporting cast. We have RB's that no one has ever heard of or fear. We have WR's that no one has ever heard of other than Moss and they can't get any seperation simply because every defender is in the secondary disrespecting our nonexistent running game.

It seems real easy for some of you to kick back in your swivel chair and say that McNabb isn't the answer. Well, how about offering up the answer genius.:pfft:

How much pressure do you think Campbell was under last year?
Exactly. And that's one of the many reasons Campbell stunk the joint up. That's why he is in Oakland right now.

I might be missing your poimt. I don't know, I have a headache.

My point is that McNabb has made plays and has done with it being his first year on this team, in this system and with virtually no talent around him. I'm not saying that he is in his prime and does no wrong. (That throw to Moss in the endzone was ridiculous:doh:). But the guy went 5-11 his rookie year then 10-6 the next. Lets give him a chance.

I'm getting sick and f*$cking tired of everyone blaming the Redskins woe's on DM5. I could see if he had any real talent on offense and failed to win, unfortunately he doesn't have ****. Cooley has been dropping to many balls this year, they never send Moss on ANY deep routes. Armstrong can't stay on this feet when he does catch a pass, our RB's are average, and our line sucks. And they expect McNabb to win the same amount of games as Aaron Rogers, Matt Ryan, and Eli Manning and Drew Brees? I mean seriously, our offense doesn't come close to either of those teams who're winning. DM5 deserves to be our QB, he's # 3 in the NFC in passing yards. Despite all of our teams short comings.

Cmon man, you make it seem like DM5 is the arch angel in the midst of mere mortals.

Yes the recievers have dropped balls, yes the RB's are 3rd stringers, and yes the OL is pretty week.

But how do you explain throwing interceptions in the red zone, and into dbl coverage.

And its not the first time he has done this.

And how about the plays were he couldnt get out of the snap fast enough and the center and him got their legs tangled.

Again, its happened more then once.

And then how about the passes when he did have time and missed a wide open Moss (yesterday) or a wide open Armstrong.

Again, its happened more then once.

Mcnabb has to shoulder more of the blame because he is suppose to be the leader on offense.

And in regards to your yardage stats, they are just that, stats. Look at the top two passers in the league, P. Manning and P. Rivers, and tell me what their team records are?

In fact Manning, Rivers, Orton, Mcnabb, those are four of the top six in yardage, and their team records are pretty bad.

So, the yardage stats you love to tout dont mean squat.

MAYBE Peyton.

Peyton's thrown 11 interceptions in his last four games, and has thrown 4 pick-6's in his last two games, all under similar circumstances.

So no, not even Peyton.

---------- Post added December-6th-2010 at 05:58 PM ----------

Everyone with half a brain new this BEFORE we made the trade :(

Everyone with half a brain knows how to spell "knew". ;)

Whether McNabb will succeed here or not isn't really a fair question with his current surrounding talent. Maybe we'll get to see in the coming years, maybe we won't.

But either way, not "everyone" thought McNabb wouldn't be some type of answer here.

I, myself, would have rather NOT made the trade. But I still saw, and see, that McNabb could still be an answer...for a couple of years.

Archived