Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Insider: Redskins may see a similar face on Sunday

WhoRUSupposed2Be

Devin Thomas is the last person on the planet that I'm going to listen to in regards to how "stable" the organization is.

I know what you mean, but pretty much every player that leaves Washington says the same thing. I have to say by our record the last 15 years or more I'm going to have to go with DT on this one.

Can't argue that he's in a better situation.

Manningham and Jackson have done far more in NY and Philly. Bryant has done more in Dallas. We have a hard time cultivating talent at skill positions.

I'd take him back, but McCardell still wouldn't know what to do with him.

Can't argue that he's in a better situation.

Manningham and Jackson have done far more in NY and Philly. Bryant has done more in Dallas. We have a hard time cultivating talent at skill positions.

Like he hasn't known what to do with Armstrong, a guy from an obscure arena league who is far more limited physically?

Please.

Eventually, people will realize that Devin Thomas is an elite athlete, but not an elite football player. He is a converted RB, and with his mindset (which he shows more of in this interview), he'll never develop the WR skills that he lacks to succeed. He'll always try to succeed purely on his talent, and he'll always fail.

I agree with you that NY, Philly, and Dallas are easier places for skill positions to flourish, but I think that has more to do with continuity from year to year in schemes.

If that was what DT meant by "stability" here, then he was right...about the past. Now we're going to see stability over the next few years.

Unfortunately, I don't think even a "stable" franchise will be able to make DT reach his potential, for the reasons listed above.

Oh it looks like the Giants picked him up cause they were in need of WR's, but in reality I'm betting they picked him up right before the game with the Skins in order to get inside info on how the offense works and what the calls are. The Giants HC is just like Billicheat, he will do whatever he needs to do to get the upper hand. So the Skins win I'm sure Thomas gets let go cause he served his purpose.

Like he hasn't known what to do with Armstrong, a guy from an obscure arena league who is far more limited physically?

Please.

I took that to mean Thomas lacks the ability to learn, thus McCardell doesn't know what to do with him. I could be wrong though.

Archived