Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Insider: Redskins may see a similar face on Sunday

WhoRUSupposed2Be

Redskins may see a familiar face Sunday

By Rick Maese

Reports out of New York suggest Giants receiver Steve Smith won't be able to play this week against Washington, which might increase the chances that the Redskins could see a familiar face this Sunday. The Giants ravaged receiving corps added former Redskin Devin Thomas last week.

Thomas didn't have much time to get acclimated and didn't play in the Giants' win over Jacksonville last Sunday, but he's hoping to see some time this Sunday against his former team.

"He came in late in the week and really didn't have much of a chance to get a whole lot of coach time," coach Tom Coughlin told Giants' reporters this week, according to the Newark Star-Ledger, "so we'll be able to spend a little bit more time with him."

The Giants currently have eight receivers on their roster. Mario Manningham and Derek Hagan likely would start and Michael Clayton should also play ahead of Thomas.

Reporters asked Thomas last Friday if he knew the Giants' Week 13 opponent. According to the Star-Ledger account, "Thomas said he didn't know -- but he wore a suggestive smile on his face at the moment."

"I'll be ready to play," Thomas said, according to the report. "That's for sure."

Thomas, one of Washington's second-round picks in 2008, was released by the Redskins on Oct. 9, after appearing in just four games as a kick returner. Carolina claimed him off waivers, but he appeared in just one game and still hasn't notched a single reception this season. The Panthers released him last week and the Giants claimed him off waivers.

"I just feel like different situations cause that to happen," Thomas said last week. "Things are a little bit unstable in Washington, and it didn't work out quite that well there. In Carolina, they have other issues to worry about other than receivers."

"I'm just thankful to be somewhere that's stable. ...a stable organization, a stable quarterback situation, and so it should be a good opportunity for me to come in and make some plays."

[/Quote]

Wow, they must be hurting at WR, OR... Does Devin have a copy of our play book? ;)

that would be like the mora interview with vick when they were talking about how vick never studied film, even though mora gave him dvd's to take home daily... mora asked him, "so if I put a check for a million dollars in one of those dvds?" and vick answered it for him, "it would have never been cashed"...

devin thomas knowing our playbook would not be something I'd worry about...

Archived