Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Devin Thomas may be cut soon according to 106.7-Cut by Panthers - Claimed by Giants (M.E.T.)

jbooma

The fact of the matter is that he has physical gifts. Size, speed and hands. All great. But for some reason can't put it together and actually be productive. To me that is an issue effort.

I guess I am lost on what your complaint/point even is. What did you want Shanahan to say? In his view, DT has a lot of talent but needs to put forth more effort. That's exactly what he said.

I think the problem is, as evident from your posting history, that you don't like Shanahan.

His physical talent is not the issue, it's the mental aspect. DT lacks the aptitude for football. He can give all the effort he wants, but the little things that other receivers pick up easily, like route running, are a great chore for him. It's like someone trying music but has no talent whatsoever. He can apply the same practice technique as someone who has more aptitude, but his performances will always be inferior.

I know Shanahan will try to disguise what he really says a good deal of the time, and this is one of them.

I'm prolly in the minority ... but when I watch this video I see an explosive player that we could surely use around here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M038nu4KXiI

let me say I am not a Shanny hater, and I also realize the reason DT was cut by his own doing. I fully believe that he must not have been taking this thing seriously, and that he was probably released for good reason. But the fan in me sees potential, sees the 2nd round draft pick we spent on him ... and then sees our decrepit WR rotation featuring Galloway and Roydell Williams struggle to even get separation or catch the ball.

I guess I just think it's a shame his talent must be going to wastes b/c we could certainly use his physical abilities on this team right now. Again I'm not questioning Shanny's decisions, I'm not making excuses for DT ... he's a grown man and should have figured out what he needed to do to be a part of an NFL team. I also realize that i am no GM, but its just frustrating see that talent go to waste while we continue to go 3 and outs with no explosive plays other than the occasional bomb to Armstrong. Flame me if you must, but it's the eway I feel. HAIL.

How can you say the dude sucks??? Really???? He had a Zorn offense...... Put him on the frickin field so we can judge....and I mean FULL time. He cant do worse then Moss who is good for a tip drill INT EVERY game...Maybe not worth a 2nd round pick.....but SUCKS?????

I am anxiously awaiting the Jason Reid article where he admits that he was was wrong and that Shanahan didn't cut a star in the making.

Seriously, Reid wrote at least five articles saying Thomas just needed a shot.

It's been silence ever since.

I'm prolly in the minority ... but when I watch this video I see an explosive player that we could surely use around here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M038nu4KXiI

Damn. You know who else looks good? Jason Campbell. We should try and get that guy back. Did you watch those clips!?

Devin Thomas had a Junior year in college worth of highlights that put him into the 2nd round as a wide receiver. There is talent there for sure...but not the kind of talent that can overcome the mental, precise skills that are needed in the NFL

let me say I am not a Shanny hater, and I also realize the reason DT was cut by his own doing. I fully believe that he must not have been taking this thing seriously, and that he was probably released for good reason. But the fan in me sees potential, sees the 2nd round draft pick we spent on him ... and then sees our decrepit WR rotation featuring Galloway and Roydell Williams struggle to even get separation or catch the ball.

Maybe his potential is just KR. I have to agree that I don't really understand cutting him even if you view his max potential as just being the KR. Simpson was signed to replace Thomas and his only role is KR as well. I don't think you've got a good view of his potential. The draft was a long time ago so his draft position no longer protects him on the roster. Wasn't it an anonomous veteran that said that Thomas might never get it? Three second round picks should have helped the team a lot. But, the draft was just another one in a long series of draft busts for the Skins.

How can you say the dude sucks??? Really???? He had a Zorn offense...... Put him on the frickin field so we can judge....and I mean FULL time. He cant do worse then Moss who is good for a tip drill INT EVERY game...Maybe not worth a 2nd round pick.....but SUCKS?????

I say he sucks because his second team, one of the worst in the league, has never bothered to activate him.

I don't know how many games are left in the UFL season is, but that's probably a good option for him. He's like a young player in baseball that they send to the minor leagues so he can play rather than sit on the bench and do nothing. He should go to the UFL where he can actually play every down (presumably) and show what he can do in an actual game. Then, if he can't make it there, he should find another line of work altogether.

New team and playbook and you expect him to be out there at WR day 1?????? Give me a break, aint logical

Well when it's day 28 and he's still not out there on a team that is even more inept offensively then we are, do you still want to be given a break?

Thomas was very raw coming out of college and he's just become another bust, not really a big deal.

Well when it's day 28 and he's still not out there on a team that is even more inept offensively then we are, do you still want to be given a break?

Thomas was very raw coming out of college and he's just become another bust, not really a big deal.

Now he has rookie QBs---If he was "raw" (and he was/is) then thats the same as a "project" that needs time and playing time. They say a WR needs 3 years, hes had that but we changed staffs again. What has his roster replacement done??? NOTHING. We shoulda kept him and played him FULL time in a week or 2 when the season is lost

Bigger news for the Panthers is that they signed quarterback Brian St. Pierre off the street last week and plan to start him Sunday against the Ravens. Regardless of whether Thomas catches on in Carolina or not, they're fighting like crazy to land that top pick in next year's NFL draft.

It's hilarious that someone in the Galloway thread is still complaining about letting Thomas go. That draft definitely hurts!

look at that draft, and see just how horrible vinny really was (for anyone who thinks he had a shred of ability as a GM)

Thomas: epic fail

Davis: backup TE

Kelly: injury concerns out of college, 100% true

Rinehart: epic fail

Tryon: traded to colts, backup scrub

Brooks: epic fail

Moore: competent safety

Brennan: injured and failed project

Jackson: is he a practice squad fodder guy?

Horton: decent special teams/safety depth

so lets recap, from a draft with 10 players, we netted a decent starting safety, a special teams player and backup safety, a backup tight end, and a tall WR that has swiss cheese knees.

GG vinny, we really miss you.

Archived