Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Devin Thomas may be cut soon according to 106.7-Cut by Panthers - Claimed by Giants (M.E.T.)

jbooma

Damn. You know who else looks good? Jason Campbell. We should try and get that guy back. Did you watch those clips!?

Devin Thomas had a Junior year in college worth of highlights that put him into the 2nd round as a wide receiver. There is talent there for sure...but not the kind of talent that can overcome the mental, precise skills that are needed in the NFL

also ... regarding the JC comparison ... that guys had 3 full years as the unquestioned starter ... apples to oranges best describes that comparison. Had DT actually been given the opportunities JC had then we would all have a better idea of what his potential was, but we never go that far, so none of us (including myself) can accurately say what he could do if given more opportunities.

I still have faith in Shannahan, but I'm not gonna blindly agree with every decision he makes when we are losing games and have zero passing attack.

look at that draft, and see just how horrible vinny really was (for anyone who thinks he had a shred of ability as a GM)

Thomas: epic fail

Davis: backup TE

Kelly: injury concerns out of college, 100% true

Rinehart: epic fail

Tryon: traded to colts, backup scrub

Brooks: epic fail

Moore: competent safety

Brennan: injured and failed project

Jackson: is he a practice squad fodder guy?

Horton: decent special teams/safety depth

so lets recap, from a draft with 10 players, we netted a decent starting safety, a special teams player and backup safety, a backup tight end, and a tall WR that has swiss cheese knees.

GG vinny, we really miss you.

Are we sure Moore's a competent safety? Can't tackle, can't seem to catch all that well, I think the jury's still out on that. I don't know if he'd be starting on too many other teams.

really? REALLY?

Moss putting Devin in the proper spots and telling him routes to run???

do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?

Do you not hear Coach Shanhan talking about Joey is the best. Better yet where were you when he named Casey Fallback team Capt last week.

Allot of **** is ridiculous around here.

We are the Redskins baby

Hail!

FUNNY, now AA is the answer. Would be debateable what DT would be doing w/ the playing time

not necessarily THE answer because we need more than just Moss and AA. but he is an Answer in general and we still have a list of other answers to obtain in the offseason. Basically, AA is better than DT will ever be

also ... regarding the JC comparison ... that guys had 3 full years as the unquestioned starter ... apples to oranges best describes that comparison. Had DT actually been given the opportunities JC had then we would all have a better idea of what his potential was, but we never go that far, so none of us (including myself) can accurately say what he could do if given more opportunities..

Wasn't a dig at you. My apologies if it came out that way. I was watching Jason Campbell in those clips...he looked nice.

not necessarily THE answer because we need more than just Moss and AA. but he is an Answer in general and we still have a list of other answers to obtain in the offseason. Basically, AA is better than DT will ever be

Brandon Banks is better than Anthony. He (AA) won't make the team next year (IMO he shouldn't). Well who knows this incompetent FO might re-sign him and make him a team Capt. But if we do what we are supposed to do

Sign a WR/Draft a WR/Malcolm comes back healthy

AA should be fighting for his life to make this team next year. That is how it should be but something tells me that won't happen. Makes to much sense.

Fail!

Anthony Armstrong lol ? I love me some AA but he can't break a tackle to save his life. Old DT would be trucking every LB, C, & S in sight. Coach wanted AA to better to prove a point. Well, he is proving his point. And we suck.

Fail all the way!

Speaking of Fail..... DT would be trucking every LB??? Come on dude, even if you love DT, which seems like you really do, He was not that good

so everyone should ignore any and all intangibles involved with playing professional football, and he should just be here cause he has some athletic ability?

Alot of players are drafted (sometimes higher) based on athletic ability....see Tebow. Athletic ability= play making. So saying have a bunch of 4.8 40 WRs playing cause they know how to run a route "crisply". Its not like DT was purely a track guy that was playing WR, he did show decent hands and playmaking ability his junior year

Brandon Banks is better than Anthony. He (AA) won't make the team next year (IMO he shouldn't). Well who knows this incompetent FO might re-sign him and make him a team Capt. But if we do what we are supposed to do

Sign a WR/Draft a WR/Malcolm comes back healthy

AA should be fighting for his life to make this team next year. That is how it should be but something tells me that won't happen. Makes to much sense.!

Where do you get your crack from bro?

Fail!

Speaking of Fail..... DT would be trucking every LB??? Come on dude, even if you love DT, which seems like you really do, He was not that good

DT was dragging LB's on his kick returns. That man ran with an edge. I'm sorry if I call it how I see it. Anthony Armstrong is going down as soon as he sees/feels contact.

Just saying

Hail!

Anthony Armstrong lol ? I love me some AA but he can't break a tackle to save his life. Old DT would be trucking every LB, C, & S in sight. Coach wanted AA to better to prove a point. Well, he is proving his point. And we suck.

Fail all the way!

Yea, sorry AA > DT. Your argument is based on what happens in your mind when you close your eyes and dream at night. What Devin Thomas could or should or would do if this or that, or everything else happened. Mine is based on production.

AA is top 5 WR in the NFL in YPC. And like #45 in overall yards. He is on pace for close to 1,000 yards.

Here is the biggest difference between AA and DT. Devin Thomas (and his following) always wanted to be given a chance. Anthony Armstrong didn't wait to be given ****, he took it. He hustled his ass and got himself to where he is. In his very brief playing him he came up HUGE. He took it. The coaches had no option but to make him the #2 WR. Waiting to be given a chance and taking it - that's the difference

Oh, and he already has passed DT's career receiving yards . . . .in 9 games. :ols:

I don't think AA is our answer at WR. We need a #1, but he would be a fantastic #3 WR on this team. A home run threat is a great thing to have.

DT was dragging LB's on his kick returns. That man ran with an edge. I'm sorry if I call it how I see it. Anthony Armstrong is going down as soon as he sees/feels contact.

Just saying

Hail!

1. Was this before he muffed the kick, or after?

2. Anthony Armstrong does usually go down, mostly becuase he is in the endzone

Wasn't a dig at you. My apologies if it came out that way. I was watching Jason Campbell in those clips...he looked nice.

no worries, my sarcasm detector must be broke today. :) JC does look good out in OAK ... I'm happy for the guy. he fits a run heavy, play-action type of offense and I am glad to see him having success. Though I do agree JC just needed to get out of this crazy house to have some success.

Yea, sorry AA > DT. Your argument is based on what happens in your mind when you close your eyes and dream at night. What Devin Thomas could or should or would do if this or that, or everything else happened. Mine is based on production. AA is top 5 WR in the NFL in YPC. And like #45 in overall yards. He is on pace to getting close to 1,000 yards on a team who offensively are struggling.

Here is the biggest difference bewtween AA and DT. Devin Thomas (and his following) always wanted to be given a chance. Anthony Armstrong didn't wait to be given ****, he took he. He hustled his ass and got himself to where he is. Waiting to be given a chance and taking it.

Oh, and he already has passed DT's career receiving yards . . . .in 9 games. :ols:

I don't think AA is our answer at WR. We need a #1, but he would be a fantastic #3 WR on this team.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, precisely my point... Julio Jones, AA, and Santana in the slot

I'm dissapointed that we wasted one of the few draft picks we had to fill a glaring need on this team (and for the past 10 years at that). That's all, nothing more nothing less. Take that as my perspective only.

I think that gets to the heart of a lot of fan's heartburn. Because we've only had a few picks in recent years, fans have expected that we should hit on most of them. The thing is, it doesn't always happen. Whether you like it or not, Thomas is probably ahead of half of the WRs in that 2nd round in that he's still on an NFL roster. Of the 10 WR drafted in that round, 3 are out of the NFL, two are on IR and have questionable futures in the NFL. Of who's left, there is Thomas, Nelson, who's use in GB has been limited, and the three guys who have had some success in the NFL: Avery, Jackson and Royal.

Even Shanahan admits that if you hit 50% of the time in the draft, you are doing pretty good. But, given there has been a large drought in the amount of picks we have, people tie a lot of hopes on those few picks.

Yea, sorry AA > DT. Your argument is based on what happens in your mind when you close your eyes and dream at night. What Devin Thomas could or should or would do if this or that, or everything else happened. Mine is based on production. AA is top 5 WR in the NFL in YPC. And like #45 in overall yards. He is on pace to getting close to 1,000 yards on a team who offensively are struggling.

Here is the biggest difference bewtween AA and DT. Devin Thomas (and his following) always wanted to be given a chance. Anthony Armstrong didn't wait to be given ****, he took he. He hustled his ass and got himself to where he is. Waiting to be given a chance and taking it.

I don't think AA is our answer at WR. We need a #1, but he would be a fantastic #3 WR on this team.

NEWSFLASH: Devin isn't the answer and AA isn't either.(glad we understand this)

all of those DT dreams were really cool. That reverse play I dreamed up was miraculous in my head. His games against Denver & NO to could to be true (Why did I have to wake up?) Not to mention his kick returns in week 1 helped us edge out our rivals in your sig.

Back to reality (Joey Galloway, Rodell Williams, & Anthony Armstrong)

Fail!

Devin Thomas is weak, period. I can't believe people are still rallying for this guy. When he was cut I scratched my head, but still had faith in our coaching staff. Carolina just validated that at this point in his career, he is not a viable option at WR position in the NFL.

So, your just a homer, period. Read some other previous posts and we talk about his "lack" of production. AGAIN, never activated, brought in because of injuries. Needs to learn a new playbook along w/ rookie QBs. His "BUST" status is because of his drafted position, if he was a 7th rounder, we arent even having this discussion

all of those DT dreams were really cool. That reverse play I dreamed up was miraculous in my head. His games against Denver & NO to could to be true (Why did I have to wake up?) Not to mention his kick returns in week 1 helped us edge out our rivals in your sig.

Fail!

Every dog has a few plays

Fail!

Every dog has a few plays

Fail!

I'm glad you realize the trash we replaced him isn't anything special either. There is no feel good stories when you get beat by 38 points. I'm done sipping the Shana-drink. Show me something. If you knew you didn't want DT around cut his ass during training camp or OTA's. Go out and get some real cheap one year filler. Stupid ass decisions.

Fail! (my got damn starting WR is my grandfathers age)

So, your just a homer, period. Read some other previous posts and we talk about his "lack" of production. AGAIN, never activated, brought in because of injuries. Needs to learn a new playbook along w/ rookie QBs. His "BUST" status is because of his drafted position, if he was a 7th rounder, we arent even having this discussion

If he had been drafted as a 7th rounder then like you said there would be no discussion because no one would know who the hell he was and he wouldn't be in the league. The fact that he was a 2nd round draft pick got him a second look with another team who needed WR help, and the fact that he hasn't been able to crack the field to even play teams shows how bad of a football player Thomas truly is.

The Skins needed a big WR bad in '08, Vinny & Dan made a horrible decision in drafting Thomas and now the Skins have nothing to show out of that draft pick or really any of the other 2 second round draft picks.

Fail!

As I said, there are two sets of people in the world. Those who sit around and wait for a chance, those who say **** it and take it. Armstrong was not a starter on this team. Just like Brandon Banks wasn't the starting PR and KR. Just like Torian was on the practice squad.

What do each of those players have in common? When give a brief chance, their one shot, they killed it. They produced. They made amazing plays. They did not give the coaches the option of not playing them.

DT never did that. He sat like a 2nd round pick waiting for someone to say “you’re the man – get out there.” This is the NFL, not pre-school. Coaches and GMs are not here to cuddle you tell you that you can do it.

Archived