Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Name and describe an unbalanced trade from recent years (your interpretation on recent)

Drew_Fl

I'll start. Was reading about Peyton Hillis and I couldn't believe he was traded for Brady Quinn. what a terrible move (for the Broncos).

Denver really has no running game to speak of, and Cleveland now has a killer run game and even better, they got something in return for a bust 1st round pick.

Here is a trade from not so recent years lets say 7 years ago that I think was unbalanced. Champ Bailey 8 time pro bowler to Denver for 2 time pro bowler Clinton Portis. Sorry Clinton I jumped off of your bandwagon after your first 2 seasons with us.

You jumped off Portis' bandwagon right after he had a year where he broke the franchise rushing record and put together 5 100-yard games in a row to help propel the Skins into the playoffs? lol :ols:...

You jumped off Portis' bandwagon right after he had a year where he broke the franchise rushing record and put together 5 100-yard games in a row to help propel the Skins into the playoffs? lol :ols:...
What has he done since then is my point,his career rushing average is like #564 on the list at 71 yds per game.Yes he had a good season when Todd Collins stepped in for the injured Mark Brunelle and had a very good 5 game stretch unfortunately we all know what the end result of that season was the Skins lost to Seattle in the playoffs. What has he done since then? I am looking at his overall performance not basing my opinion on 1 season.:mad:

What has he done since then is my point,his career rushing average is like #564 on the list at 71 yds per game.Yes he had a good season when Todd Collins stepped in for the injured Mark Brunelle and had a very good 5 game stretch unfortunately we all know what the end result of that season was the Skins lost to Seattle in the playoffs. What has he done since then? I am looking at his overall performance not basing my opinion on 1 season.:mad:

Well then you didnt jump off his bandwagon after his first 2 seasons with us like you previously claimed and for which califan was laughing at you for saying. You jumped off after his last few seasons.

What has he done since then is my point,his career rushing average is like #564 on the list at 71 yds per game.

Huh?...His career rushing average is 88.3 yards per game, not 71 lol...and it makes him the #7 running back in terms of best rushing yards per game in the history of the NFL...not #564 :ols:

By the way, Jerome Bettis had a career average of 71 yards per game...puts him at #33 all-time. ;)

Here is a trade from not so recent years lets say 7 years ago that I think was unbalanced. Champ Bailey 8 time pro bowler to Denver for 2 time pro bowler Clinton Portis. Sorry Clinton I jumped off of your bandwagon after your first 2 seasons with us.

I think the point of this thread was ridiculously unbalanced trades. You can make an argument the Broncos won the trade sure but it wasn't like Portis was some bum. He helped carry this team to the playoffs a couple of times.

The Hillis deal is a good example. Another one was the Vikings trading a 3rd rounder to the Pats for Randy Moss only to cut him like two weeks later.

The Broncos trading Alphonso Smith and Peyton Hillis were definitely errors, but they absolutely fleeced Chicago in the Cutler trade. They gave up a hard-headed, arrogant QB and got two first-rounders, a second-rounder, and Kyle Orton, who has thrown for 6,311 yards, 33 touchdowns and 17 picks in his two seasons there. Not only has he been less of a distraction, but he continues to improve and is the only reason the Broncos have been competitive this year. Luckily McDaniels will probably keep them out of contention while he's there, at least in my opinion.

Archived