Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com T.O. on 'T.Ocho': 'Rumors' of McNabb 2-minute troubles in Philly

ChampSkinsFanatic

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81bd3777/article/to-on-tocho-rumors-of-mcnabb-2minute-troubles-in-philly

Owens then took a jab at McNabb.

"Well, I don't really want to start anything, but I did play in the Super Bowl, and there were rumors where he couldn't get our two-minute offense going at the end of the game," Owens said. "I'm just saying."

When pressed on the matter by Ochocinco, Owens said: "I'm just saying."

Owens defended Redskins coach Mike Shanahan's decisions to change quarterbacks, saying the coach knows best.

"He's the head coach, so it has to make sense," said Owens, who has complained that the Bengals aren't paying attention to his suggestions for the offense. "Well, this is a situation where Mike Shanahan, he sees these two quarterbacks on an everyday basis. ... So he's had a chance to observe."

Ochocinco ended the segment by saying: "If anyone else out there feels that Rex Grossman gives the Washington Redskins a better chance than Donovan McNabb to win a game with two minutes left on the clock, they need to slap they selves."

Raise your hand if you thought Kyle Orton would be the better QB in the Bears/Denver trade for Jay Cutler. Fact is that Orton is lighting it up and Cutler is throwing balls to the wrong team. All I'm saying by making this point is that Grossman may not be the same QB he was when he was in Chicago. He's more experienced and is in a new system. My guess is that the pick McNabb threw before the benching was the final straw. That ball was thrown into triple coverage which means someone else was single covered or wide open. McNabb tends to lock in on receivers and defenses figure that stuff out. We've all seen it for years. The coaches in the booth have the best look at it and I'll bet he missed some wide open stuff out there. Credit the Lions pass rush for some of those mistakes, but give McNabb his share of the blame to. That pick was horrible, especially with your team leading by 5 points.

Rex is probably a smarter and faster thinker, but for some reason people are so stuck on quarterbacks being able to run and be physical even thought all the best quarterbacks are not known for their physical attributes. The best quarterbacks are known for being smart and quick decisive thinkers.

Yet everyone still jumps on the bandwagon of a quarterback who can run all over the field. I think McNabb is a quarterback who is both physically and mentally decent and we should give him a bit more time. If we had a amazing O-line I would be calling for Rex.

I doubt TO is saying this for his health.

Archived