Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Calm down, we have alot invested in McNabb.

WhoRUSupposed2Be

People will say McNabb hasn't been the reason for our record...and you can certainly argue that the defense has won us games. But in the Packers game for example he was getting killed just as much and rallied us in the 4th Quarter. The TD to Armstrong came because he avoided potentially being sacked yet again and rocketed it downfield

During the game...he set up both our 1st and 2nd scores. Everyone knows McNabb isn't the most accurate...but if you see him having his worst year since his rookie season with the Redskins and you see him almost getting hit on every play...ehh whatever. Not interested in arguing with people about McNabb anymore they'll believe what they wanna believe :ols:

I see this being like when Kurt Warner left the Giants. No patience...

You're still holding onto that one throw in the Green Bay game. Which was a bad throw, but I will give him credit for giving Armstrong a shot to make the play. The fact that you are still defending him with one play he made 3 weeks ago is very telling. His positive plays are few and far between a lot of crappy plays.

People will say McNabb hasn't been the reason for our record...and you can certainly argue that the defense has won us games. But in the Packers game for example he was getting killed just as much and rallied us in the 4th Quarter. The TD to Armstrong came because he avoided potentially being sacked yet again and rocketed it downfield

During the game...he set up both our 1st and 2nd scores. Everyone knows McNabb isn't the most accurate...but if you see him having his worst year since his rookie season with the Redskins and you see him almost getting hit on every play...ehh whatever. Not interested in arguing with people about McNabb anymore they'll believe what they wanna believe :ols:

I see this being like when Kurt Warner left the Giants. No patience...

This is what I'm afraid of.

If the offensive line was a larger problem and not the QB, then why did we get rid of Campbell? The offense hasn't improved from last year a whole lot.

Except...with Campbell he never threw the ball down field. I was easy on Campbell at 1st and blamed the O-line for a long time. But eventually I just accepted he may not be a franchise QB

I'm not so sure our O-line has gotten better no matter what many have said. Maybe in run blocking...but certainly not in pass blocking. I expected McNabb to have a rough 1st year and then a good 2nd year....people were even predicting we would be 6-10 thinking McNabb would fail with the O-line and weapons he has. Now people are actiing like we're a good team and McNabb is the reason for our failure...rather than investing in a QB that has shown good stuff when he gets comfortable in an offense

If we improved in the QB area, the offense should be looking better this year. To me, it looks the same as last year.

Yes we improved the QB position but he can't do everything on his own he can't block every guy and then find time to throw the ball. What you've seen today is that when he doesn't have time to throw he's off his game and it was so obvious today as every time he took a snap, he had either Suh Williams or Vanden Bosch in his face.

we didn't just lose the game today; we made complete jerks of ourselves by showing our uncertainty in McNabb by pulling him out for the GAME WINNING DRIVE. What a way to throw salt in your fans' wounds. I really can't find ONE reasonable explanation for doing that other than the guy getting hurt. It's baffling, it really is.

You're still holding onto that one throw in the Green Bay game. Which was a bad throw, but I will give him credit for giving Armstrong a shot to make the play. The fact that you are still defending him with one play he made 3 weeks ago is very telling. His positive plays are few and far between a lot of crappy plays.

Actually I mentioned that play to show examples of what he can do even when his surroundings aren't perfect. He was getting beat up that entire game and did something...he got beat up this entire game and managed something even without a running game...and no o-line...and galloway.

I can break down every game of the season and really...I'd probably hold the Bears and Eagles game against him. I've said McNabb needs to play better for a while now while also pointing out the things he's been able to make happen....things I'm not sure most Qbs in the NFL would be able to do with THIS TEAM. If you think my arguments are simply making excuses for him then there's no reason to argue I guess. I thought this was supposed to be a "debate"

What an indictment of Donovan McNabb that Mike Shanahan pulls him because, halfway into the season, he doesn't think he can run the 2 minute offense better than the back-up. It raises serious questions about McNabb's ability to effectively pick up a new offense after playing under the same offense for 11 years in Philadelphia.

He's had all offseason, training camp, pre-season, and 8 regular games to pick up the offense, 2-minute and all. According to the head coach, that's not long enough.

Actually I mentioned that play to show examples of what he can do even when his surroundings aren't perfect. He was getting beat up that entire game and did something...he got beat up this entire game and managed something even without a running game...and no o-line...and galloway.

I can break down every game of the season and really...I'd probably hold the Bears and Eagles game against him. I've said McNabb needs to play better for a while now while also pointing out the things he's been able to make happen....things I'm not sure most Qbs in the NFL would be able to do with THIS TEAM. If you think my arguments are simply making excuses for him then there's no reason to argue I guess. I thought this was supposed to be a "debate"

I don't understand the point of your last sentence. It is a debate. He's getting beat up just like Campbell did. I don't think you talking about the OL or team around him is an excuse; a lot of us have been saying that for years with JC. A lot of you thought McNabb was going to magically make the OL look better, though. Or that Campbell was making our OL look worse. Obviously the OL is just not good.

But as far as McNabb's performance this year, he has been below average. I'm talking about when the blocking is there, when the receivers are open, he isn't capitalizing. He is missing throws. He isn't leading his receivers. He is making very poor decisions. He is turning the ball over.

What an indictment of Donovan McNabb that Mike Shanahan pulls him because, halfway into the season, he doesn't think he can run the 2 minute offense better than the back-up. It raises serious questions about McNabb's ability to effectively pick up a new offense after playing under the same offense for 11 years in Philadelphia.

He's had all offseason, training camp, pre-season, and 8 regular games to pick up the offense, 2-minute and all. According to the head coach, that's not long enough.

I don't think its "not long enough" I think that McNabb is clearly struggling to grasp this new offense. I don't know if its a Al Saunders 700 page play-book kind of thing or if McNabb or what but its an issue. I have no clue what the reason is but its been plenty of time and there's no way Shanny thinks that Rex Grossman is good enough to pull McNabb unless Rex TRULY grasps the 2 minute offense that much better.

---------

As for the OP and this thread in general.

The draft picks are sunk costs which simply means that the trade's already happened, we aren't getting the picks back and making a decision on who to start/play based on the trade is not rational.

Will Shanny have egg on his face if Rex ends up being a better option? Sure. However, its all about winning and whoever gives us the best chance to win given the situation should start. I don't think that's Rex, but the "we've invested too much in McNabb to not start him" argument is moot.

I don't understand the point of your last sentence. It is a debate. He's getting beat up just like Campbell did. I don't think you talking about the OL or team around him is an excuse; a lot of us have been saying that for years with JC. A lot of you thought McNabb was going to magically make the OL look better, though. Or that Campbell was making our OL look worse. Obviously the OL is just not good.

But as far as McNabb's performance this year, he has been below average. I'm talking about when the blocking is there, when the receivers are open, he isn't capitalizing. He is missing throws. He isn't leading his receivers. He is making very poor decisions. He is turning the ball over.

Like I've pointed out...he isn't "missing receivers"...he is missing certain receivers. He has no problem finding a certain two a majority of the time when they're not double covered.

McNabb has made the O-line look better than it is...and that's the sad thing. Any ol QB would have probably been sacked 30 times already on our team.

I watched Jason Campbell. In the end I realized that he just isn't a good QB. With McNabb...I have seen much different from as recent as last season and I've seen him extend plays several times this season. So it's really a matter of what you perceive to be true...because my statements are not based on simple love for McNabb. I think some have been a bit extreme when analyzing the situation

Are you this naive to actually believe what Shanny said? Come on dude, it was an excuse. He straight up benched McNabb because he doesn't trust him. And to be honest, I wouldn't trust him either. He has the worst QB rating of his career and hasn't shown any ability this year (minus the Texans game) to have any authority and ability to march a team down the field.

mcnabb had a shot to secure the game and threw into triple coverage resulting in us being down and needing a comeback, or did you guys forget that?

remember all these posts about throwing with the game on the line to get a first down and run out the clock because we have a guy like mcnabb instead of campbell? well it cuts both ways.

mcnabb is not better than kolb or vick at this stage in his career. is he better than grossman? we might find out.

Mcnabb is not to blame for this loss. You could have put Sammy Baugh, Joe Montana, or Dan Marino behind that line today and they all would've been ineffective. Bad coaching decisions and even worse line play. I still have faith in Donovan and hope we can re-sign him because honestly, what is our other option? Drafting a rookie or signing someone new puts us right back at square one. Give Mcnabb time and PLEASE give him an offensive line and WRs!! As for this year, we just have to make the best of what we've got and hope for a respectable finish.

Again, we have a 2nd and 3rd rounder invested into McNabb and I can not see the willingness to gamble all of that away behind an attrocious line and our bye next week.

Are you for real with this, or did I miss the sarcasm?? Were gonna give games away on the possibility the QB may get hit? hehehe... Wow..

Are you this naive to actually believe what Shanny said? Come on dude, it was an excuse. He straight up benched McNabb because he doesn't trust him. And to be honest, I wouldn't trust him either. He has the worst QB rating of his career and hasn't shown any ability this year (minus the Texans game) to have any authority and ability to march a team down the field.

Make your point without attacking me. Dude. And your musings hold know more sway than mine or anyone else's not named Shanahan. Dude.

Lame.

Archived