Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Unheralded (not stars) players around the NFL that always seem to impress when you watch them play

shk75

Another guy I watched today who always seems to do well when I watch is Dwayne Bowe. I always hear that he cant catch but I swear every time I watch him play I want him on the Skins.

It helps when you play the worst pass defenses in the NFL in back to back weeks. :)

He drops more passes than Carlos Rogers.

Uh what year are we talking? Definitely not this year, because i have him in Fantasy and he hasn't done ****!

I know he broke a big one vs. the Saints earlier. That was the only time I really watched him though. :laugh: but in past years it seems like I always see him on the highlights breaking big runs.

I had the impression that this thread was about players who don't often get in the limelight, not guys like Adrian Peterson, Ray Lewis, or Frank Gore.

Here are mine...

I know his stats are mediocre but I'm always impressed by Fred Jackson when I watch him. Dude runs hard and in my mind was always better than Lynch. Fred was up against Baltimore's D yesterday but now that he's the real starter in Buffalo I bet he makes a much bigger impact on the league.

I also thought at the beginning of the season that Chester Taylor would steal the starting spot from Matt Forte by mid-season. Taylor does nothing but produce when given the chance and yet he's always behind someone else on the depth chart. That was understandable in Minny but I continue to be more impressed by him than Forte now that he's in Chicago.

Thomas Jones has enjoyed a bit more spotlight than the other two guys I mentioned but he's not widely acclaimed. He is very quietly building a Hall of Fame career stat sheet.

I had the impression that this thread was about players who don't often get in the limelight, not guys like Adrian Peterson, Ray Lewis, or Frank Gore.

Here are mine...

I know his stats are mediocre but I'm always impressed by Fred Jackson when I watch him. Dude runs hard and in my mind was always better than Lynch. Fred was up against Baltimore's D yesterday but now that he's the real starter in Buffalo I bet he makes a much bigger impact on the league.

I also thought at the beginning of the season that Chester Taylor would steal the starting spot from Matt Forte by mid-season. Taylor does nothing but produce when given the chance and yet he's always behind someone else on the depth chart. That was understandable in Minny but I continue to be more impressed by him than Forte now that he's in Chicago.

Thomas Jones has enjoyed a bit more spotlight than the other two guys I mentioned but he's not widely acclaimed. He is very quietly building a Hall of Fame career stat sheet.

Yup thats why I started this thread not to hear about stars but random people who just always seem to shine when you watch them play. Also I agree with Chester Taylor he always plays well when I watch him too.

Yup thats why I started this thread not to hear about stars but random people who just always seem to shine when you watch them play. Also I agree with Chester Taylor he always plays well when I watch him too.

Kenny Britt is a big tease in fantasy football. He drove me nuts last year. :)

He'll have one huge game, then reel off 3 mediocre performances, then another big game. I think he honestly does a lot better with Collins than he does with Vince at QB but I haven't looked at stats to back that up.

We've got a couple on our team, especially the last few years. Lorenzo Alexander was one for a while with me... used to always key in on him during Special Teams plays. He's getting his due now, though. I always felt like Mcintosh was extremely underrated, he's just incredibly solid and rarely messes up at a position where it's easy to. He's caused more fumbles than he gets credit for too, since a lot of the fumbles he causes aren't recovered by us.

Breaston with the Cardinals the last few years as well. Thought that guy could easily be a no.2, maybe even a no. 1 guy if he didn't have Boldin and Fitzgerald on his team for the longest time. Haven't heard much from him this year though, is he injured or something?

Having trouble thinking of anyone else right now for some reason, I know there's a bunch I'm missing, lol.

*Edit* Ahhh, others mentioned one that I forgot about... Chester Taylor. Definitely.

What exactly has Chester Taylor done this year?

Maybe you should change your thread title than and specify "... that are not Pro Bowler's or already stars"

Maybe you should change your thread title than and specify "... that are not Pro Bowler's or already stars"

Being on a team with a **** o-line can really hide talented players. Taylor is the epitome of a good 3rd down back. He can run, pass block, and catch the ball very well.

All the young talent in KC. I have loved their past few drafts, and they are finally starting to reap some rewards this season. The Chiefs-who are now my favorite AFC team (I am allowed to root for 1 as I am not a local Skins fan) have the best young talent in the NFL today.

What does one have to do with the other? I'm not local either, never have been. It doesn't make us a different type of fan with different "rules"...

I can't say that there are "lesser guys" that I enjoy watching, but I'd have to sat Peyton Manning. He's a surgeon, offensive coordinator, quarterback and scout all in one. He'll go down as the best player in league history IMO by the time he retires.

If I had to pick one that isn't a star, Josh Cribbs seems to always have a nice run, catch or return every game.

Cameron Wake - he's been tearing it up in Miami.

Dude is awesome.

He's buried under Forte and a pass-first offense but he shines on every touch.

Yes, change the thread title. Anyone can throw up a "Peyton Manning." It's not about those guys.

Archived