Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Baltimore DMA: No OTA Coverage of Redskins-Bears Game (Week 7, 2010 Season)

HouseBowlrz

I just checked my Area...I live on the Baltimore City/County line and the game will be televised on the Ticket ( Thank God!!)

But the downtown Baltimore area will have no way of seeing the game based off of the Ticket's blackout schedule and the Comcast guide. That is ridiculous! So all the fans that normally go to the Sly Fox downtown are going to be out of luck. I bet if the bar catches wind of this ahead of time they will be making som calls.

So it says 'subject to blackout'. How are we sure it is blackedout? I tried my zip (21229) and HOF44's - both say the same thing. Only thing is - EVERY game says the same exact thing.

It grays out the games that will be blacked out for the Zip entered.

Cool. In that case you (21201) should be fine. Following the link you provided that zip code is not grayed out - neither is mine (21229)

When I put the zip in it grays out in both cases. Not sure whats going on, but the game should be blacked out on the Ticket in both those zips. It grays out the game matchup below where you enter the zip.

When I put the zip in it grays out in both cases. Not sure whats going on, but the game should be blacked out on the Ticket in both those zips. It grays out the game matchup below where you enter the zip.

I stand corrected. I was looking at the full schedule. Once I went to the Ticket page, it was shaded. Looks like I may have to stay at my mom's in South Jersey just so I can watch the Skins. F'in brilliant.

This sounds like someone in the Raven's organization has an axe to grind.

How does the Ravens' organization control the local affiliates' decisions on which games to air? I think it's more a case of the local affiliates catering to what they believe their viewers want to see - or not see.

If anything, maybe the Ravens have gotten the NFL to look the other way on behalf of the affiliates.

This will never get resolved until someone (hopefully within the Redskins organization) gets this matter out to the media. We seem to go through this crap every year. I have emailed WBFF in the past and they never responded. What makes me sick is that people buy the Sunday ticket to prevent situations like this happening. Then Directv does not televise the game. Total BS. I gave in and bought a HD antenna, this is the only sure way to get the game. I also emailed WBFF, I will let you know if I hear back from them.

Looks like northern Baltimore County (Owings Mills area) gets the game on the ticket. Southern Balto Co like Catonsville may not according to the link HOF44 posted.

There's a Greene Turtle in Owings Mills, for what it's worth.

So are bars subject to the same blackouts as standard home subscribers?

I don't see why they wouldn't be, it's all the same cable/satellite system.

here is the response I got back from Baltimore Fox WBFF today:

Hi Mike,

We show as many Redskins games as are available to us. Fox must follow NFL rules. They are as follows:

If the Redskins are away or playing an NFC team at home in the afternoon, then the game would be on FOX.

If the Redskins are playing at home, against a visiting AFC team in the afternoon, then the game would be on CBS.

If the Ravens - the market's home team - are playing at home in the afternoon against an AFC team, then they will be airing on CBS AND FOX45 will not be able to show ANY game at the same time - even if FOX has a national double-header weekend scheduled.

If the Ravens - the market's home team - are playing at home in the afternoon against an NFC team, then the Ravens will be airing on FOX45 at that time, even if a Redskins game is scheduled at the same time.

Thanks for understanding & good luck to your team this Sunday.

Who in the NFL came up with those rules? Is Danny ok with this??

I live in Westminster and even with an expensive HD Antenna on my roof I can't get Fox 5, I can get the other DC stations fine. Comcast only has Fox 45. Directv Sunday Ticket is the only option for me which I can't see paying for when I go to 8 games a year and another 3-4 are on either nbc, espn, or cbs. I would go to Greene Turtle on Sunday, but since the Ravens are playing, they will be on all the Giant screens with sound with 500 Ravens fans around and I will be in the corner with 8 Redskins fans watching the game on a 13 inch non-HD screen with no sound. I'm worried my kids will grow up Ravens fans the way things are looking. Come on Redskins F.O., help us watch our skins in Maryland!

Who in the NFL came up with those rules? Is Danny ok with this??

I live in Westminster and even with an expensive HD Antenna on my roof I can't get Fox 5, I can get the other DC stations fine. Comcast only has Fox 45. Directv Sunday Ticket is the only option for me which I can't see paying for when I go to 8 games a year and another 3-4 are on either nbc, espn, or cbs. I would go to Greene Turtle on Sunday, but since the Ravens are playing, they will be on all the Giant screens with sound with 500 Ravens fans around and I will be in the corner with 8 Redskins fans watching the game on a 13 inch non-HD screen with no sound. I'm worried my kids will grow up Ravens fans the way things are looking. Come on Redskins F.O., help us watch our skins in Maryland!

Comast in Howard County is broadcasting the game on Channel 196 - it's not HD but it beats a blank. Check your zip at comcast.com and filter it to show all sports channels until you find FOX WTTG.

Archived