Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why is Chad Dukes so rude to callers?

RonArtest15

My friend and I talk about this all the time. Chad Dukes is not a bad guy, but his biggest problem is he is a miserable human being. He is not a positive person in anyway and I just think he hates life and takes it out on everyone else. I am friends with him on Facebook and he says everything sucks basically. Chad Dukes says he is a diehard fan and maybe it is just me, but as much love as I have for the Skins I could never go on the radio and bash them all day, no matter how awful they are.

My friend and I talk about this all the time. Chad Dukes is not a bad guy, but his biggest problem is he is a miserable human being. He is not a positive person in anyway and I just think he hates life and takes it out on everyone else. I am friends with him on Facebook and he says everything sucks basically. Chad Dukes says he is a diehard fan and maybe it is just me, but as much love as I have for the Skins I could never go on the radio and bash them all day, no matter how awful they are.

106.7 has basically billed itself as the anti-Redskins station, and most (not all) of the hosts on the station willingly cooperate with that philosophy, whether they are actually "fans" of the team or not.

Can't say that I've ever noticed Dukes being especially rude to callers......I'm not saying its never happened, but don't think its a trend. If you want to hear someone who is rude to callers, listen to Howard Eskin on WIP in Philly sometime.

Overall, I'm glad that for the past year we've had another sports talk option in town that actually does take a good amount of calls. It beats the lineup on 980, which doesn't seem to take a lot of calls and would rather hear themselves talk. The lineup there by and large has gotten stale, IMO.

Q: Why is Chad Dukes so rude to callers?

A: You would be too if your only sexual experiences involved your right hand......

I don't hate the guy, but he is a little annoying

Whoaaaaaaa that was a Zingerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Nothing like stepping into a civil discussion and make a personal attack on the guy. Way to go man!

Chad pulls ass just like any other on air talent. Thats the beauty of the gig. Mike O'mera is like 400lbs but he still pulls ass. Chad is a thespian that knows jack about sports. That being said there is no denying his on Air talent. He was great on the big o and dukes show.

Yeah but the junkies do it in a funny way, and they dont do it to every single caller with a different opinion like Dukes does. The junkies only make fun of the donks that call in

Yes, that's why the Junks should be on the radio, and Chad Dukes shouldn't.

At least I'm not the only person on the planet who likes UnWise Mike.

You're damn close.

Chad Dukes is an ass clown. He has no real insight and mistakes his sidekick role as empowerment. He's a Lavar cheerleader and thier Racist chtick is really getting played out.

as for the Junks.... they are so consumed w/ their homo-erotic love for each other that they seldom actually listen to the callers. Recently they were interviewing an explayer of shanahan, i can't remember who it was but he also played for tampa because he was saying the best coaches he ever played for were shanny and gruden. But then he was going to elaborate on the statement and say something really insightful until the Junks cut him off w/ some gay banter amongst themselves. The guest had to call back and make additional points about shanny vs. gruden and they kinda just blew it off. Seriously? to cut off idiot callers is one thing, but to completely miss an opportunity to have an in depth interview w/ a former player and guest on the show because these homos are too busy teasing each other is something else. That coupled w/ thier occasional in house bickering and fighting has really turned me off to those "donks". I prefer Greeny and Golic.

Hating on Chad and defending the Junkies makes no sense to me. The Junkies sports knowledge very obviously comes off notes they have in front of them for prepared segments because when they get caught off guard you realize they know more about TMZ celeb news than sports. The "ladies" on The View are less annoying than the Junkies because at least that gaggle of stupidity didn't feel the need to coin a stupid accent to emphasize how ridiculous they are. Can't stand the Junkies or the fact that they walk around like they own 106.7 when they are the worst show on that station. Kevin and Rock should immediately be given their time slot.

Chad Dukes isn't a bad guy at all but he does have a personality that can rub some people the wrong way. He might just be scared for his life sharing a small room with Arrington that at times seems unstable. lol I will agree that he's unfriendly to callers that disagree with him at times. He does the political talk radio thing "when in doubt drown them out and hang up". For interviews I prefer UnWise Mike though when not interviewing anyone he's not very good. His journalism background shines through in more complex topics though because the guy does know his stuff and knows how to disagree with a guest and still ask his questions and continue the discourse.

I agree with this. Well said.

Yes, that's why the Junks should be on the radio, and Chad Dukes shouldn't.
Yeah because the junkies are si-lly and the other shows are just hurt-Ting right? So damn lame :ols:
You're damn close.
Not at all. You can't compare a professional journalist talking sports to a bunch to the morning clowns that know as much about a topic as they have scribbled down in front of them.

Dukes and Lavar are so ridiculous, the whole lineup on 106.7 is kind of amateur hour, actually. 980 beats them hands down. Doc Walker and Kevin Sheehan are the two best in DC sports radio, Czabe and Pollin can be annoying, sure, but they're pretty on the ball as far as knowledge goes. Perfect example is the way Chad and Lavar have been fawning over Devin Thomas the last two weeks. Give me a break, guys. It seems like their whole deal is to take the stupidest, lowest common denominator fan view of any issue and tout it as the gospel. Wise is as boring as the come, Junkies are juvenile and stupid. Kevin and Rock are actually the best one on that station and that's not saying much.

That being said there is no denying his on Air talent. He was great on the big o and dukes show.

I got it on good authority that Don Geronimo--of Don and Mike fame--hated Chad Dukes, thought he was a complete hack and that he had no business being on JFK.

I don't know. I've been a radiophile most of my life. I remember doing a book report on Stern's "Private Parts" in 8th grade. And now I drive for a living, 40 hours a week, listening to local radio the whole time. Dukes, imho, is a loser. On and off the air. I always thought that. Big O and Dukes was a complete hack show. And then he ****ed over Oscar, his partner, and started to do sports of all things.

You have any other PD beside CK and Chad Dukes isn't here anymore. But they've got some bromance thing going on. I think maybe it's because Chad Dukes was his first one original hire after becoming PD, so to fire him is to admit that he was wrong. Of course the Chad Dukes hiring was followed by a decades old format being flipped. Sooo...

And just to get this out, I get personal because he ****ed me over on an internship back like 3 years ago. It was in process of getting set up, then he made some dumb point about gun control or something, I asked him about it/called him on it on AIM, he blocked me again on there, blocked me on myspace (people were still using myspace at the time) and Drab--who was running the intern thing--stopped returning my emails.

Totally true story, on my life, my wife, my future children. Dude is a *****. Period. And he sucks on the air.

As for the taking callers thing, most people are idiots. Why do I want to listen to that? Every now and then you get someone calling in to 106.7 who tells them slow their roll and stop hating on the Skins. But most of the time it's people wanting to dump McNabb and sign Kyle Orton, people crying over model-beautiful Devin Thomas, ****ing about Snyder and Shanahan's ego.

And the hosts are there, fanning the flames of that crap. It's a station-wide schtick. It's obvious. And there's nothing worse than obvious schtick. They're built on the idea that "We're not owned by Snyder. We can speak "truth" to power!!!! Look at us!!!" If you're a person who thinks the sky is falling everytime the Skins lose, then yeah, you'll love the station. But for us less reactionary folks who are grounded in reality and remember that we won four freaking games last year, it's horrible radio.

Is it nice to have two sports talk stations? Sure. But not at the expense of the old JFK and not when one of them sucks as much ass as 106.7 does.

First thing in the morning, the Junkies suck.

Up next, UnWise Mike is unlistenable.

Staying tuned, Chad Dukes is a douche who barely has a clue about what he's talking about.

So it just sounds to me like you have to be a suck ass know-nothing douche to be on the WJFK daytime lineup.

~Bang

Yep. That's about the long and short. Horrible talent on a horrible station. (UnWise Mike at least has professional sports writing credentials. All the others are pretenders.)

The Junks are my favorite show by far. Their lingo was created to circumvent the insane lock-down on radio language after the Timberlake/Janet Jackson Superbowl fiasco. Their show is NOT a Sports talk show it is a TALK SHOW with sports involved and yes, there is a difference. If I want to listen to knowledgeable sports talk I go to NFL Radio on Sirius, If I want an entertaining show with some local sports sprinkled in I go to the Junks. The Junks aren't old-man sports talk radio (The Sports Reporters) they are still considered "shock-jocks" on a "sports-talk" station.

That being said Dukes is a piece of crap and so is Lavar. Dukes has always been bad from the jump. I hated him when he interned with the Junks on WHFS, hated his show on WHFS, glad he was fired with the filp, ended up in AZ was fired there when the station flipped, got his job on WJFK because of his relationship with CK (CK was a producer for the Junks when Chad was interning), and was given the option to team with Lavar and dump long-time co-host Oscar or leave.

He has always been the same way, always will be. The only reason he is still on the air is because people won't flip and listen to old-man radio.

Yeah because the junkies are si-lly and the other shows are just hurt-Ting right? So damn lame :ols:

You find it lame, I find it funny. The ratings say that more people think it's funny than lame. Maybe they do so for stupid reasons - I'll never say that I can't be stupid, because I happen to be stupid all the damn time about a great many things simply because I can't help it - but that doesn't change the fact that the people say the Junks = funny, at least if you believe the ratings.

And yes, this thread is hurting. Or hurTing. :pfft:

Not at all. You can't compare a professional journalist talking sports to a bunch to the morning clowns that know as much about a topic as they have scribbled down in front of them.

Yeah, I can't do that because the professional journalist is more boring than Ben Stein in Ferris Beuller's Day Off, and he only becomes funny when you can laugh at the boredom, which you can't do with Wise. The Junks know football just about as well as anyone who isn't coach. They know gambling better than damn near anyone. Enough of them know baseball for the conversation to happen. Enough of them know basketball for the conversation to happen. They don't know hockey, but how many of their conversations are about hockey, and how many of them don't feature an apology for talking about hockey without knowing anything about it?

Sure, they know TMZ too, probably a little more than I'd want to. But that doesn't invalidate the other stuff they know.

Three main reasons:

1. He has a posse of leeches that kiss his ass and gives him a complex that is better than everyone else

2. He has a reality of rejection whether it be from women or past jobs that gives him major self esteem issues. I mean seriously what guy would get breast reduction surgery because he didn't want to excercise hard

3. He hates sports talk radio. He likes sports and doesn't mind talking about it but he wants to talk about everything and hates being restricted. If you listen to him on podcasts and other radios shows he has no desire to talk about sports

I think he can be a good guy as long as you don't **** with him or do ANYTHING that makes you think you are ****ing with him.

Archived