Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why is Chad Dukes so rude to callers?

RonArtest15

Haha, that's too funny.

But yeah, **** Chad Dukes. He's a fat ****, loser nerd who was doing breast reduction radio bits a year ago. Of course he's going to have a complex about hosting a sportstalk show. But he's always been a douche. Hated him on Big O and Dukes and hate him even more now. Before he was just lame and douchey. Now he's lame, douchey and in over his head. Can't wait until he's pushing laugh track buttons for some Morning Zoo show in Waco, Texas.

Thanks for the laugh this morning. I needed it.

The junkies admit they do zero show prep and they still have jobs. Their show day in and day out is a total waste of time.

LaVar was in his Ivory tower encased with glass, talking about the NFL's new restrictions on helmet to helmet contact. This station is so horrible.

Yep. That's about the long and short. Horrible talent on a horrible station. (UnWise Mike at least has professional sports writing credentials. All the others are pretenders.)

With that said he comes off as the most unprofessional sports writer that I've seen appear in the media with any regularity(with the exception of Florio). This was evident when he got into that trouble a month back with sending out that false information in that tweet. The whole thing was childish.

First thing in the morning, the Junkies suck.

Up next, UnWise Mike is unlistenable.

Staying tuned, Chad Dukes is a douche who barely has a clue about what he's talking about.

So it just sounds to me like you have to be a suck ass know-nothing douche to be on the WJFK daytime lineup.

~Bang

and that just about sums it up. /Thread

Because he knows he is a fraud. He sees himself as a media expert on the topics they present, when he is really just a guy behind the microphone who loves comic books and ugly t-shirts and doesn't know or care about the Skins depth chart. His insecurities do not allow him to let someone disagree with him. When someone makes a good counterpoint that he can't argue with, he usually just replies with "hmph" and hangs up without letting them go further. Where his arrogance comes from I don't know. Isn't it funny that the segment of of show where Jason Bishop of the Junkies calls in and exposes him as a fraud, was mysteriously not posted and can be found nowhere?

I'm rarely in the mood for any show that 106.7 has to offer. The only time I change to FM is to listen to UnWise Mike and that's mostly because Tony's show bores me. I don't mind Tony, his show is just boring.

The best sports radio personality currently on the air is Kevin Sheehan. I find myself agreeing with his points almost exclusively. Maybe it's the fact that we're both pretty big homers, but he has good points, explains them well, and he makes good sense. No one on 106.7 comes even close to the Sports Fix or the Sports Reporters (even though Pollin and Czaben are just OK).

The best sports radio personality currently on the air is Kevin Sheehan. I find myself agreeing with his points almost exclusively. Maybe it's the fact that we're both pretty big homers, but he has good points, explains them well, and he makes good sense. No one on 106.7 comes even close to the Sports Fix or the Sports Reporters (even though Pollin and Czaben are just OK).

I agree TD......my two favorite local sports talk personalities are Sheehan and Czaban, who are both on 980. I do think the Sports Reporters has gotten a bit stale mainly due to Andy, who shares the same low opinion of callers as his idol Tony K. Again, even though others disagree, I like the caller-friendly format on 106.7, and don't see what makes callers' opinions less worthy than the hosts (some people really overinflate how knowledgable some of these hosts are). I also like the "Fan's" efforts on the local programming during off-hours and the weekends as well.

I agree TD......my two favorite local sports talk personalities are Sheehan and Czaban, who are both on 980. I do think the Sports Reporters has gotten a bit stale mainly due to Andy, who shares the same low opinion of callers as his idol Tony K. Again, even though others disagree, I like the caller-friendly format on 106.7, and don't see what makes callers' opinions less worthy than the hosts (some people really overinflate how knowledgable some of these hosts are). I also like the "Fan's" efforts on the local programming during off-hours and the weekends as well.

I agree with you about the call-in format and it does seem like Czaben enjoys that more than Andy. A lot of callers know just as much, if not more, than the hosts! This isn't Ken Beatrice who was good on the air AND had a great knowledge of the game. YOU'RE NEXT...

The only people that would find Kevin Sheenan a great radio guy are blind Redskins and Maryland Kool Aid drinkers.

Probably though that the Joe Theisman radio show was informative and objective as well.

If you had read everything I wrote, you'd realize a couple things: 1) I admitted that Sheehan is a homer (just as I am) and 2) I never said he was objective as I do believe he's a glass-half-full type of guy when it comes to the Skins. The difference is that he is knowledgeable and he explains his point of view very well. He's wrong sometimes, but he still applies logic to the things he believes and says on the air. In fact, even if Sheehan's opinions changed drastically, I'd still enjoy listening to him because I would respect the arguments he was making (assuming he continued to back them up with facts, logic, etc.).

For the record, I pretty much hate everything UMD-related.

Archived