Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FYI on the Bucs poster you know as OneDollar

cobaltblue

Thanks Cobalt.

Man this makes all my angst about next weeks game seem so trivial. I hope his wife and 5 year old son fare well.

God speed.

JazzBow

Member # 279

posted 08-30-2003 12:39 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello All,

I just received a phone call from the wife of the poster OneDollar (he also went by the name of BucPE). He died yesterday morning while at work. The cause of his death is unknown at this time. He was a young man and left behind a five year old son as well as his wife.

On forums he and I traded barbs. In reality I had the pleasure of meeting him and his family numerous times in person over the last several years. I'll remember him as a good natured man who doted on his family and had a ready laugh.

Along with being a dedicated fan of the Buccanears, he was an avid off-road motorcycle racer. In explaining his love for that sport he often expressed that he believed you had to embrace life actively. I will miss him.

His wife asked me to pass the news of his passing on to his online friends. I know he posted at a lot of forums, far more than I am likely aware of. If you post at one I miss, and people wonder where he has been, please pass this sad news on. I can also contact his wife if needed.

OMG! Heavy, heavy sigh. Sad news indeed. His enthusiasm for the Bucs and Football was always apparent in his posts here on Extreme. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends. He will be missed here as well. A reminder about how much we should cherish those special in our lives.

Wow. That sucks. Best wishes to his family.

Sure does put things in perspective. I, like many here had a few verbal sparing matches with OneDollar. If there is anything good to be taken from this, let's all try to remember that behind the words we read on these boards are real people who happen to be as passionate about there views as we are about ours. One Dollar sounds like he was one hell of a guy, the type of person who lived life to it's fullest. RIP.

If this is true, then this is truly horrible news... he was one of the good guys when it came to posters who root for other teams.

For what little its worth, hopefully someday his son will know that he was well liked and respected by people across the world via the internet.

My deepest sympathies to his family...

I echo all of the above.

He and I went 'round and 'round about Eagles-Bucs but we gained a respect for each other and never got personal about it.

In each thread I reminded him to enjoy the Buc's championship - he was one of the long-time fans who deserved the championship and I'm glad he got to see it - even at the expense of my Eagles.

Prayers to his family and friends.

I'm utterly stunned. I must say.. I've always wondered about the reality of a member passing away. And even though I felt prepared... I'm just not.

OneDollar grew into the board. Took him awhile to get his feet wet... but then turned into a very valuable and respecting member.

At least he got to see the Bucs win a Super Bowl in his lifetime. I would imagine it was one of the best moments of his life. In that regards... I'm happy for him.

But this news just sucks.

Archived