Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Huge Compliment coming from Cowboyszone in regards to Shanahan.

WhoRUSupposed2Be

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195170&page=2

I totally disagree with this. The skins aren't world beaters, but shanahan is squeezing out what he can from this group. I can tell you shanahan has made a difference in Laron Landry. Last year the guy was terrible in every facet of his game. He was taking bad angles, falling for double moves. This year he's the best safety in the NFC by far. Even Carlos Rodgers look competent back there.

I wacthed that game with Green Bay yesterday. The packers dominated that game yesterday in the first half stats wise, but were only up 7. The redskins made a crucial goaline stand and hung around just enough to win at the end. Mcnabb was getting killed yesterday, but they were mentally tougher than GB. If you don't think shanahan isn't making a difference up their your kidding yourself.

[/Quote]

This post was in response to one of the other members mentioning how lucky we were in winning these games. Really set everything into perspective from here on out.

Edit: On page two, check out the argument over Landry and whether he's turned the corner or not.

While I agree that Shanahan is making a big difference, he's not the one that is mostly responsible for the improved play by Landry. That honor has to go Haslett and the defensive coaches.

:applause: I said before the season started that Has would get a lot more from some of the young'uns, no matter what else he may lack he inspires genuine respect and "want to" from his players.

can't both be true? shanahan's making a difference, but we ARE a little bit lucky to be 3-2.

under zorn, we were absolutely attrocious. we were lucky to be 4-12. we were a few lucky bounces away from being 1-15, and not competitive in most of those games.

now, under shanahan, i feel like we've gone from horrible to legitimately average. (and "average but lucky" might be enough this year in the NFC).

now, under shanahan, i feel like we've gone from horrible to legitimately average. (and "average but lucky" might be enough this year in the NFC).

I'd rather be lucky and "average" than unlucky and "talented" (see: Cowboys, Dallas).

I can't help but think of the quote a boss of mine had on his wall and think of Shanahan and this team: "Luck is where hard work and preparation meet with opportunity."

Shanahan is the best coach in the NFC East, period.

Really glad we got 'em. 3-2 after the schedule we played so far this year....now think of 4-12 last year with the schedule we played. Wasn't it the easiest schedule in the history of the NFL after 7 weeks or some **** like that? I just wish we had Shanahan last year, we would've probably snuck into the playoffs. But I'd rather see us perform better all around against better competition. Shows true improvement.

Colin Cowherd today on his ESPN show touted Shanahan as potential coach of the year, and McNabb as MVP. He said if the vote was today, he would vote for them.

Of course, Jim Zorn and Jason Campbell were touted by some in the same way early one year, but that was different. There is no comparison with the 2010 Redskins and any of those recent teams.

Hail to the Redskins! First place now and forever (in 2010/2011)!

Of course, Jim Zorn and Jason Campbell were touted by some in the same way early one year, but that was different. There is no comparison with the 2010 Redskins and any of those recent teams.

You can compare the 2008 5-2 Redskins to the 2010 3-2 Redskins. Hell I would even say that 2008 5-2 Redskin squad can beat this team right now. That was a good team BTW that was until Samuels got injured...

I think this week we made good half time adjustments compared to previous weeks, and that was the biggest reason we won. A lot of credit to the coaching staff for that.

A good example is this stat I noticed on the espn.com nfc north blog.

"According to ESPN Stats & Information, the Packers sent at least five pass-rushers on 40 percent of their defensive snaps. But in the second half, McNabb had a 141.4 passer rating in those situations. Obviously he was harassed throughout the game, but the Redskins made enough adjustments after halftime to survive."

You can compare the 2008 5-2 Redskins to the 2010 3-2 Redskins. Hell I would even say that 2008 5-2 Redskin squad can beat this team right now. That was a good team BTW that was until Samuels got injured...

Yeah I agree. We actually started 6-2, and that team was pretty good up until the OL went down like flies. Plus, we had a hard time beating teams like Pitt and Balti at the end of the year, and things just fell apart. While I think 2008's defense may have been better, I will say that this year's offense will be more consistent.

I joined that site in the offseason just to talk about football but alot of those guys could not get over the fact that I was a Skins fan.While some tried to talk football in a adult manner MANY could'nt get over that I was a Skins fan.I post something and they tried to turn it into an argument.Dallas sucks and so does 70% of their fans atleast on that site.

While I agree that Shanahan is making a big difference, he's not the one that is mostly responsible for the improved play by Landry. That honor has to go Haslett and the defensive coaches.

Actually, the credit goes back to moving him back to SS full time, which was likely to happen no matter who the coach was. The safety coach is the same as before.

Archived