Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Crock Pot Cookin...

HRNY4ZRNY

I might get banned for this due to the BBQ experts on this site but try this. Put a pork shoulder on the grill on high for about 20 minutes rotating it to get all sides browned a bit and to capture some smoky flavor. Take it off and put in a crock with 2 Sam Adams and let it cook on low all night. Nex morning, pull it apart (it falls off the bone) and throw it back in with some hommade BBQ sauce and keep on warm for an entire day of football watching and pigging out.

I'm trying that this weekend. Any noticeable difference with Sam's Octoberfest or Winter?

I'm trying that this weekend. Any noticeable difference with Sam's Octoberfest or Winter?

I woudnt think so...Like Skinsfan said the shoulder produces a lot of moisture by itself so honestly I'm not so sure you wouldnt get the same results if you used water but I used Sams the first time and it turned out great so I figure if it aint broke....

Take a chuck roast, throw in Liptons Cup of Onion soup and cook on low all day.

I put mine on at about 5:30 am and when I get home at 4:30 pm you can flake it apart with a fork.

Served with mashed potatoes ad hot out of the oven biscuits?? You'll eat till you can't move. :)

That's exactly what I did last saturday. Damn it was good. I think the next one I do, i'm going to try to make it into a pot pie. Not sure how thats gonna work out.

EDIT: As a side note, I seared on the grill over a real hot fire for about 7 minutes on each side before putting it in the crock pot. Gave it a nice bark about 1/16" - 1/8" thick and added a nice flavor that you just can't get from searing it in a pan.

I put mine on at about 5:30 am and when I get home at 4:30 pm you can flake it apart with a fork.

Served with mashed potatoes ad hot out of the oven biscuits?? You'll eat till you can't move. :)

This is almsot exactly what I do, the only difference is that I throw a can of chunky tomatoes on top of the roast before I add in the soup mix.

I might get banned for this due to the BBQ experts on this site but try this. Put a pork shoulder on the grill on high for about 20 minutes rotating it to get all sides browned a bit and to capture some smoky flavor. Take it off and put in a crock with 2 Sam Adams and let it cook on low all night. Nex morning, pull it apart (it falls off the bone) and throw it back in with some hommade BBQ sauce and keep on warm for an entire day of football watching and pigging out.
:ols:

That sounds mighty tasty, but I wouldn't go as far as to call that BBQ in the classic sense. :silly: I'm a bit of a pork BBQ purist, no less than a couple hours of slow hickory smoking will do.

:ols:

That sounds mighty tasty, but I wouldn't go as far as to call that BBQ in the classic sense. :silly: I'm a bit of a pork BBQ purist, no less than a couple hours of slow hickory smoking will do.

I agree...but in a pinch this is an easy alternative..Believe me if i had the time, all of my BBQ would be cooked on my smoker..

even when using a crock pot you should always brown the meat, it helps hold in the flavour.

My favourite recipe is to use a chuck roast from a moose (browned in a pan or on a grill) and and a couple large chunks of home made maple cured wild boar bacon, you add beans (dry) some ketchup, molasses, brown sugar, onion and cider vinegar.

the other one is chuck roast from a moose and use mushroom soup, near serving time add noodles.

We do this often, That roast comes out sooooo good.. Making me very hungry now :)

• 2 weeks later...

Holy **** this was awesome. I made this today for the game and it was great.

even when using a crock pot you should always brown the meat, it helps hold in the flavour.

My favourite recipe is to use a chuck roast from a moose (browned in a pan or on a grill) and and a couple large chunks of home made maple cured wild boar bacon, you add beans (dry) some ketchup, molasses, brown sugar, onion and cider vinegar.

the other one is chuck roast from a moose and use mushroom soup, near serving time add noodles.

Think I'll try the second one with deer shoulder(not moose country)

Krogie's Kountry Chili...

Marinate 1 lb. steak and 1 pound Venison (or sausage if not a game eater) in Dales' overnight then brown lightly. Brown 1 lb. ground Turkey breast. Meanwhile combine in crockpot 3 cans (undrained) Rotel, 3 cans (undrained) Black beans. Add 1 package of Carroll Shelby's Texas Chili fixins (comes with Chili mix, salt, cayenne, masa flour - I only use the Chili mix and the cayenne) to the beans and rotel and start on low. Combine the meats and stir well. DO NOT ADD WATER. Cook on low 6-8 hours stirring once an hour. Serve with extra sharp cheddar cheese, sour cream, and Multi-grain Club Crackers on the side.

This will be the thickest, heartiest Chili you will ever eat. Add the cayenne for you hard chargers, or those without children!!!

Archived