Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Devin Thomas - Would you rather play or trade him?

CRogersGuy

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

That tells me that something is horribly wrong with the way Thomas is conducting himself that we don't get to see on a daily basis as fans. The fact that Haynesworth is slowly getting his shot and succeeding tends to indicate that Shanahan knows what he is doing and is not being overly petty.

You would think that at this point, with the threat of being cut or seeing even less playing time at KR, that Devin would be doing everything in his power to get on the field. Since Devin isn't a bad guy (at least to our knowledge), I can't see how he could be doing anything wrong.

I'm sure that if DT was doing anything to piss off Shanahan, the media would have grabbed a hold of it by now.

Really? It's pretty well-established at this point that owners are perhaps the least qualified people in the NFL when it comes to making football decisions, especially the ones who have overseen a Super Bowl win and become convinced that they know what they're doing (e.g., Al Davis and Jerry Jones).

From many things I've read and heard, Shanahan's ego was one of the major reasons he was fired. Perhaps he didn't learn his lesson, or perhaps he knows he can take advantage of Danny right now since he knows he wont be fired yet.

For years we have ****ed and moaned in Washington about not having an authoritarian regime that demands accountability from the players. Now we have one, and some of you seem willing to sacrifice all that has been accomplished in the last several months in building a TEAM and changing the culture in Washington for one player who may or may not make any difference whatsoever. If his problem is attitude and work ethic, it's not worth bringing him in. If Shanny is telling the truth, and he's just not better than the players in front of him, well then there you go. I want long-term success for the Washington Redskins over a period of years, and frankly I don't care if Devin Thomas is a part of that or not. I would rather go with what we have for the rest of the season, and then address WR during the off-season then give this kid an opportunity if he hasn't earned it. Bringing him in under those circumstances would undermine everything Shanahan has been trying to do since his arrival.

I would like to see Devin Thomas shine in the NFL. He's not a bad WR and why he hasn't gotten a fair shot only the coaches know. Does he have bad practice habits? Does he have an attitude problem? For some strange reason, Mike Shanahan and Kyle Shanahan don't like something about Devin. What could that be?

Shanahan's ego is really starting to tick me off.

Play him.

Seriously.

First Haynesworth [who made a lot of key plays for us against philly], and now Thomas.

At least give the guy a damn shot. There is no way that he’d be any worse than Roydell Williams, Joey Galloway and even Anthony Armstrong.

If he gets traded, it’s going to suck to see him making plays for another team while we’re still starting friggin’ Galloway. Brandon Lloyd apparently sucked while he was here but somehow he is able to have 100 yard receving days while playing for the Broncos. New coach, new young + talented WR in the redskins doghouse. Some things I guess will never change.

At least Tyree had a chance to try and prove himself with New York. Has Devin been allowed to do the same here? No. You're comparing apples to oranges.

Then what was training camp and practice for? He's been given the same chance as the rest of the WR group. The thing is, guys like Galloway, Armstrong, and Williams took full advantage of the opportunity to earn spots for games.

I agree with most of you. Obviously 3 years of watching him in extremely limited action from my couch has convinced me that i know more than the coaches who watch him every day.

Put him out there, even if two totally different coaching staffs that have been here don't think he can play.

What's the worst he could do? After all, he could prove every NFL coach he's ever had wrong.

Or he could do what they think he'll do, and waste a poition on the field.

But I'm with y'all. I think those professional coaches who have worked with him every day since he was drafted have no idea what kind of potential we fans know exists there.

~Bang

I agree with most of you. Obviously 3 years of watching him in extremely limited action from my couch has convinced me that i know more than the coaches who watch him every day.

Put him out there, even if two totally different coaching staffs that have been here don't think he can play.

What's the worst he could do? After all, he could prove every NFL coach he's ever had wrong.

Or he could do what they think he'll do, and waste a poition on the field.

But I'm with y'all. I think those professional coaches who have worked with him every day since he was drafted have no idea what kind of potential we fans know exists there.

~Bang

No remember, its personal. Shanny just doesn't like him and its not fair.

No remember, its personal. Shanny just doesn't like him and its not fair.

Oh that's right. I forgot about that.

That ****! How can he sit there and sabotage this team like that? Clearly we were on our way before he got here.

~Bang

Well...he showed great promise at time last year (after Zorn stopped playcalling?). I think he does have potential and am dissapointed that he hasn't been given more WR opportunities.

As much as I hate it I'll also have to bow to Shanny. Moss, Cooley, and Armstrong have been solid. Though, that leaves a 3rd WR...

Well, I just hope Devin gets his opportunity even if it's not with the Skins

Play him because like the OP said he can't do any worse than Roydell has. Besides if we trade him now we will get a 5th or 6th rounder for him which in mind would be a slap in the face. You might as well just release him for that type of compensation. He hasn't played in the time he has been in the league and hasn't been giventhe chance to either. So play him and let him show he can play before giving up on him. If Joey Galloway and Roydell Williams are the best after Moss then we are really hurting at WR. Play him or just cut him because trading him for a 6th rounder is just like cutting him and if history repeats itself then who ever you draft in the 6th round with that pick won't make your team. Finding the diamond in the rough type of player rarely happens with that scenario.

Play him because like the OP said he can't do any worse than Roydell has. Besides if we trade him now we will get a 5th or 6th rounder for him which in mind would be a slap in the face. You might as well just release him for that type of compensation. He hasn't played in the time he has been in the league and hasn't been giventhe chance to either. So play him and let him show he can play before giving up on him. If Joey Galloway and Roydell Williams are the best after Moss then we are really hurting at WR. Play him or just cut him because trading him for a 6th rounder is just like cutting him and if history repeats itself then who ever you draft in the 6th round with that pick won't make your team. Finding the diamond in the rough type of player rarely happens with that scenario.

So cut him because finding a 6th rounder to contribute is tough? Dont try to find one, just cut him and not get that pick?

I know I worked all night and had a couple beers when I got home this morning, but am I going crazy?

Seriously.

First Haynesworth [who made a lot of key plays for us against philly], and now Thomas.

At least give the guy a damn shot. There is no way that he’d be any worse than Roydell Williams, Joey Galloway and even Anthony Armstrong.

If he gets traded, it’s going to suck to see him making plays for another team while we’re still starting friggin’ Galloway. Brandon Lloyd apparently sucked while he was here but somehow he is able to have 100 yard receving days while playing for the Broncos. New coach, new young + talented WR in the redskins doghouse. Some things I guess will never change.

It was pointed out a few posts above yours that AH has been earning more and more playing time whereas DT has been relegated to doing nothing. There is something about him that isn't there, probably true talent, and we are overrating him like we did Marko Mitchell, Colt Brennan and various other players who made a few big plays but were never placed in the starting lineup for some reason.

We get it that DT made some plays but what NFL player never makes any plays? He had a good game against the Raiders of all teams last year and he made a great reverse against the Giants D. You know what? 9 times out of 10 the reverse doesn't work.

Having said all that I think we should have him at 3rd reciever for a game or two, especially against GB this weekend. Let's see what happens.

Everyone saying it is Shanahan's ego at fault here is full of BS and love to stroke their own ego that they know better than the coach. Also, point to one thing that DT has done that would rub Shanny's ego the wrong way. ONE THING.

Play him or just cut him because trading him for a 6th rounder is just like cutting him and if history repeats itself then who ever you draft in the 6th round with that pick won't make your team. Finding the diamond in the rough type of player rarely happens with that scenario.

On a team that is lacking picks next year you take whatever you can get for him and try to find a diamond in the rough. Thinking otherwise is silly as there is very little committment or cost to picking someone in the 6th round and seeing if they have any skills.

Unless I am missing a game, hasn't D. Thomas whole career been that one game against the Saints where they had both starting corners and backup hurt and they signed some guys off the street to play that game?. Jason Campbell looked like John Elway in the game too. If you read J Reid's blog he twice has citied players telling him off the record that they don't think Thomas will make it because he has poor work/study habits.

Forgot the player's name but I recall reading when Shanny arrived to Denver he released the team's #1 draft pick receiver from the previous season, and played undrafted FA Rod Smith instead, seemed strange to some at the time but that # draft pick player never made it in the league. Lots of us thought Shanny was nuts when he released Marko Mitchell thus far though how is Marko doing? i gather if you take things at face value, Shanny thinks Thomas is a good PR not receiver. Shanny seems to have a good eye for talent on the offensive side of the field, i am betting there is a good chance he's right. And for us, if Thomas didn't have that one big game against the Saints CB scrub off the street would we be crying so much about this?

I wonder if they can get a 5th, probably more likely a 6th like we got for Rod Garnder who was a first rounder. If you get a 5th or 6th why is it better to release him? Even Vinny could once in a blue moon strike would a late round draft pick, getting Golston and K. Moore in the 6th. Heck Joe Gibbs traded a 5th rounder for James Trash, who did the Eagles nail with that pick, Trent Cole.

We got a fifth for Gardner and he had already shown how inconsistent he was. Right now no one knows about Thomas, except apparently Shanahan. Possibly could get more for him than a 5th.

But I ain't holding my breath.

~Bang

Look at the poll results. I guess Mike Shanhan doesn't know **** about wide receiver play. The ES delusion is real.

You can't tell me that if DT wasn't playing that he wouldn't have more than 2 catches for 44 yards. No one here is claiming to know more than Shanahan.

What's the worst that could happen? He doesn't produce, right? Geesh, that sounds a lot like something Roydell Williams has done thus far.

We already know the dude is more athletic and faster than Roydell. Just. Give. Him. A. Shot.

You can't tell me that if DT wasn't playing that he wouldn't have more than 2 catches for 44 yards. No one here is claiming to know more than Shanahan.

What's the worst that could happen? He doesn't produce, right? Geesh, that sounds a lot like something Roydell Williams has done thus far.

We already know the dude is more athletic and faster than Roydell. Just. Give. Him. A. Shot.

The running of the team is not a democracy. Only one vote counts and apparently DT hasn't shown Shanahan enough to merit extended playing time.

The running of the team is not a democracy. Only one vote counts and apparently DT hasn't shown Shanahan enough to merit extended playing time.

I just don't understand what Roydell could have possibly shown Shanny to merit playing time. He definitely isn't doing anything on gameday.

Archived