Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

That is a beautiful thing--Wall drive and dish to Beal for the corner 3.

You forget just how much a difference Wall makes offensively when he's on the floor. Suddenly everyone has several feet of open space around them when Wall gives them the ball. He spaces the floor so well and is so good at timing his passes and putting them on the money. And his threat to drive the lane puts the fear in defenses.

Phil Ves didn't handle that oop because Wall put it right under the rim. Wall's rusty placing those alley-oops.

---------- Post added January-12th-2013 at 08:53 PM ----------

Well the plus side of Wall gaining a ton of weight and getting fatter is he looks really damn strong. He's still fast as hell and springy.

Wall is getting to the basket fine, not finishing well though.

That's always been an issue with Wall. Long thought that would be the thing that keeps him from superstar status. See Derrick Rose and how he finishes around the rim.

Anyway I'm listening on the radio but a couple of things that Dave and Glenn are staying on is the refs suck and that Wall seems to be better at mixing up his speeds and not going to the max every single time. Still an issue though

They also love that Jan has 5 fouls in 4 minutes. Glen says he thinks hes trying out for a Jackie Chan movie.

Bad foul call on Ves. It was actually a pretty amazing block. He's been a fouling machine though. Hard fouls too, playing with a chip and throwing his weight around. Kind of shocking. He looks weak as hell but he hits pretty hard and actually pushes people around.

---------- Post added January-12th-2013 at 09:05 PM ----------

I cant stand Vesely. I would MUCH rather have Singleton get his minutes.

---------- Post added January-12th-2013 at 08:57 PM ----------

Vesely!!! 5 fouls' date=' 0 points, 4 minutes. I cant stand this guy[/quote']

Two of those foul calls were bad. One of them was a clean block and was actually an excellent rotation and contest by Ves.

He'd have also had two nice oops if not for bad passes from Wall.

Singleton had plenty of opportunities to get all of Ves's minutes and then some. It does not speak well at all for him that he's been frozen out on such an awful team with wide open minutes.

---------- Post added January-12th-2013 at 09:05 PM ----------

Two of those foul calls were bad. One of them was a clean block and was actually an excellent rotation and contest by Ves.

He'd have also had two nice oops if not for bad passes from Wall.

Singleton had plenty of opportunities to get all of Ves's minutes and then some. It does not speak well at all for him that he's been frozen out on such an awful team with wide open minutes.

No. Vesely is playing because he is a higher draft pick. He has not played more than 1 good game the entire season. Vesely is garbage.

Also, his fouling is obvious because he needs to try too hard to push people around. Its obvious to the refs every time he fouls.

Edited by Skin'emAlive

Josh Smith and Nene are getting chippy. Josh Smith seems like he's losing his composure a bit. Just some bad fouls.

---------- Post added January-12th-2013 at 09:13 PM ----------

No. Vesely is playing because he is a higher draft pick. He has not played more than 1 good game the entire season. Vesely is garbage.

Also' date=' his fouling is obvious because he needs to try too hard to push people around. Its obvious to the refs every time he fouls.[/quote']

Are you even watching the game?

---------- Post added January-12th-2013 at 09:14 PM ----------

Consor says AJ Price had had a "spectacular game". Questioning Whitman for pulling him. Also, talking about this is the difference though. Depth.

Price has been terrific. Best overall performance by a Wizard tonight IMO. But it makes sense to put Wall in. He can score against a set defense like he did just a minute ago. And it's not like you're going from Price to a worse player in Wall/

Stream started going out in late fourth quarter, but I still got to see Wall basically demand his team win this game. That leadership was impressive, and good to see so many wizards healthy for a change. Did someone say win streak? Cool.

Last team in the Association to win 2 in a row, gotta start somewhere I guess.

Yes im watching the game. Have you watched Ves play all year? He is the same as he has been all season. Id take Singleton all day over him. Hell' date=' id take Baron.

---------- Post added January-12th-2013 at 09:18 PM ----------

And yes, i would resign baron to play over ves.

I've seen almost every game this year. Have you?

I know full well what Ves brings to the table and what he takes away. He's struggled this year. He can't do anything offensively without good PG play. He's probably going to get better now that Wall is back. Regardless, he is and always has been a better option than Barron.

Barron got cut from the worst team in the league and currently has no team. What exactly does Barron bring to the table? What is one thing Barron did at a high level?

I've seen almost every game this year. Have you?

I know full well what Ves brings to the table and what he takes away. He's struggled this year. He can't do anything offensively without good PG play. He's probably going to get better now that Wall is back. Regardless, he is and always has been a better option than Barron.

Barron got cut from the worst team in the league and currently has no team. What exactly does Barron bring to the table? What is one thing Barron did at a high level?

Well, for one, I dont think Barron is good at all. That part was just a joke. But I do believe Singleton would bring more to the table than Ves.

Ves does not use his body. He uses his arms. This is why he picks up so many fouls. He cant shoot. Needs Wall to put the ball perfectly in place over the rim for him to score. He cant shoot free throws. Cant really rebound. Cant box out. And his only saving grace is his ability to help on off-ball defense.

Well' date=' for one, I dont think Barron is good at all. That part was just a joke. But I do believe Singleton would bring more to the table than Ves.

Ves does not use his body. He uses his arms. This is why he picks up so many fouls. He cant shoot. Needs Wall to put the ball perfectly in place over the rim for him to score. He cant shoot free throws. Cant really rebound. Cant box out. And his only saving grace is his ability to help on off-ball defense.[/quote']

Ves is a 7 footer with quick feet, pretty good hands, good hops, and a good bball IQ. That combination is valuable. Nerlens Noel is going to be a top three pick on the same raw skill set. Ves has no offensive skills except passing and catching oops. Doesn't change the fact his tools are so valuable. A competent team develops that raw skill set into something workable. At any rate, he'll probably see a jump in his level of play now that Wall is back.

There is a reason Singleton lost his minutes and isn't playing. He hasn't done anything during the games and he's probably sucked it up during practice. And bottom line, Ves's raw tools are way better than Singleton's. If the choice is between developing Ves and developing Singleton, any team with a brain chooses Ves because his ceiling is far higher. Singleton's best case scenario is Luc Richard Mbah a Moute. Ves's best case scenario is AK-47 or Serge Ibaka.

Ves is a 7 footer with quick feet, pretty good hands, good hops, and a good bball IQ. That combination is valuable. Nerlens Noel is going to be a top three pick on the same raw skill set. Ves has no offensive skills except passing and catching oops. Doesn't change the fact his tools are so valuable. A competent team develops that raw skill set into something workable. At any rate, he'll probably see a jump in his level of play now that Wall is back.

Dude you keep putting Noel and Vessley in the same sentence and it destroys any point you make. THEY ARE NOT COMPARABLE!

Noel is a true Center, HE PLAYS DEFENCE AND IS A GOOD REBOUNDER. Vessley can't do that and also Vessley is no where near atheletic as Noel. Yes they are both Raw but Noel is a Half of a year out of playing high school ball, while Vessley has pro experience. He is a liability on the court he does almost nothing well other than run and jump and he's highly overrated at that. Noel at the very least is going too be a great defensive player and rebounder.

Also I am tired of the Vessley has a great IQ argument why cause he's white? What the hell about his IQ translate into a a decent ball player. I don't see any "smart plays" too be a guy that depends on a player too get him the ball in on the break. He doesn't play the passing lanes well at all, he's a terrible defender, he's never in the right place at the right time. He does hussle at times but he's a very limited player, I hate too rag on the guy like this but it is what it is.

Edited by SiCkSoULjA