Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

For a moment there, you could see how the Wizards' athleticism really gave the Spurs starters trouble.

It's going to be fascinating to watch the Rockets, Thunder, Clippers, and the Warriors match up with them in the postseason. Maybe Minnesota. SA is the best team right now, by a large margin. But they're going to have chinks in the armor.

I swear to GOD if I wasnt born and raised in DC I would not be a die hard fan of this franchise. If I was born in VA or MD, I wouldnt be a fan. So what, are we going to have to sit through this horrible coaching all year?? 

We need a Vince Carter or Al Jefferson (in their prime) style player. Tired of all this shooting. We need somebody (NOT OUR PG) who can consistently the basket and DUNK. 

Hate to be a downer, but am I the only feels like it is COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE for this franchise to ever win another NBA Championship??? Feel like I will see the Redskins win 5 more Superbowls in my lifetime (and I say that as a PESSIMISTIC Skins fan) before I ever see the Wizards in a Championship series, let alone win one. The "word" Wizards doesnt even look right next to the word "Championship". 

Every cot dam year we SUCK. Not OK.....Not GOOD, VERY GOOD, Not Great, but GARBAGE........Now we gotta new owner, still not sure if he gives a dam. 

F draft pix. We need to get a REAL STAR player on this team. We need to break the dam bank when Durant and or LeBron become available. I dont care what it takes, offer $150-$200 million. I know I sound stupid and wreckless, but the Wizards need to make that happen if they ever plan on SERIOUSLY being in contention for a Championship.  

Edited by LetMeSeeYourWarFace21

Maynor has to be in the mix for worst backup pg in the league.

remember when a lot of idiots thought he was better for the THunder than Westbrook. I remember when this story spread around in the media and on various boards. Dude sucked back then and he sucks now. Awful player.

as we lose more and more, I just sit back and think about how happy I will be when Wittman and Grunfeld are both gone.

• Like 1

I didn't watch the game but looking at the box score it looks like the starters had a rough night. Nene's line is amazingly bad. Wall had the dreaded FGA = PTS volume scoring stat line which you never want to see from your PG. What happened to Harrington? Injury, rest, or doghouse? I see Vesely played which mean Wittmans doghouse is open and currently housing one Kevin Seraphin.

remember when a lot of idiots thought he was better for the THunder than Westbrook. I remember when this story spread around in the media and on various boards. Dude sucked back then and he sucks now. Awful player.

as we lose more and more, I just sit back and think about how happy I will be when Wittman and Grunfeld are both gone.

Offense sucks. How many back up point guards has this team burned through in less than three season? Crawford, Mack, Maynard, Price, Pargo, Singleton, and Temple? Some teams are blessed with good backup point guards most are not. Some lack a starting PG. None of them seem as dependent on the play of a backup point guard as the a Wizards are.

Offense sucks. How many back up point guards has this team burned through in less than three season? Crawford, Mack, Maynard, Price, Pargo, Singleton, and Temple? Some teams are blessed with good backup point guards most are not. Some lack a starting PG. None of them seem as dependent on the play of a backup point guard as the a Wizards are.

Agreed. And a lot of those guys go on to play far better for other teams. Look at how Crawford is playing in Rondo's absence.

Makes me wonder how much better John Wall would look playing for a real coach.

• Like 1

Ive said multiple years that we should go after Nate Robinson. We had a few years when we couldve gotten him for cheap....

I didn't watch the game but looking at the box score it looks like the starters had a rough night. Nene's line is amazingly bad. Wall had the dreaded FGA = PTS volume scoring stat line which you never want to see from your PG. What happened to Harrington? Injury, rest, or doghouse? I see Vesely played which mean Wittmans doghouse is open and currently housing one Kevin Seraphin.

We got off to a bad start in the first, then narrowed the gap a little bit towards the end. Then the back ups came in and the Spurs blew the game open, got up by 19 until the starters came back in at the end of the second and got it down to ten by the half. Came out strong with the starters in the third and closed the gap to three at one point I think. Then had to make subs again and the Spurs blew it open again.

We left a few starters in here and there with the second line. That's how Nene's +/- got so bad. We also went without a true PG for long stretches, I think we had Rice running some point with Nene and Vesely as the bigs. Webster was doing most of the creation, which actually wasn't as bad as you'd think it would go because he made some ridiculous shots. The end of the third and beginning of the 4th was a devastating run for the Spurs. They put it away very quickly. San Antonio's third unit came in with 6 or 7 minutes remaining and continued making incredible passes and shots and it just got painful to watch.

Vesely was mostly invisible. Cleaned up some rebounds and got some offensive boards. I remember him missing a put back, trying to take a charge, and getting a steal. Don't really remember his other plays, but it was a minimal impact. Boris Diaw worked him. Big strength mismatch and he just went through Vesely for the most part. But he didn't necessarily look lost either. I guess that's an improvement.

Maynor, Temple, and Rice Jr were also totally invisible. Didn't stick around to watch Booker and Seraphin check in. Harrington is probably sitting the bench because of his awful defense. He'll win back PT though soon because they need his three pt shooting apparently.

Wall had a good start to the game and even started to will the team back into it by the second quarter. Then Beal got it going a little bit but it didn't last. John went cold in the third and started pressing and his FG% plummeted. By that point the rotations were completely falling apart as Randy threw a bunch of crap at the wall. John went out and never came back in because it was clear at the beginning of the 4th the game was over.

Ariza got hurt fairly early in the game. Came up lame defending a fast break and immediately went off to the locker room.

Nene was invisible tonight. Gortat had a rough night shooting. The FT shooting wasn't very good once again. Wall and Webster are the only ones shooting well from the line.

Wall also got frustrated by the officiating IMO. He doesn't get much respect when he takes it inside and he was getting fouled and missing shots but no calls. That's really when he started pressing IMO.

Michael Lee

‏@MrMichaelLee

Trevor Ariza felt "a little pop." Will have MRI on right hamstring: "With this team it feels like if it’s not 1 thing, it’s always another.”

Michael Lee

‏@MrMichaelLee

Nene, not happy after loss: "Our young guys must take their heads out their butts & play the right way, because I’m getting tired of this.”

Nene knows the way to draw attention away from his own bad game is to blame the young guys.

Edited by StillUnknown

Hate to be a downer, but am I the only feels like it is COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE for this franchise to ever win another NBA Championship??? Feel like I will see the Redskins win 5 more Superbowls in my lifetime (and I say that as a PESSIMISTIC Skins fan) before I ever see the Wizards in a Championship series, let alone win one. The "word" Wizards doesnt even look right next to the word "Championship". 

Every cot dam year we SUCK. Not OK.....Not GOOD, VERY GOOD, Not Great, but GARBAGE........Now we gotta new owner, still not sure if he gives a dam. 

F draft pix. We need to get a REAL STAR player on this team. We need to break the dam bank when Durant and or LeBron become available. I dont care what it takes, offer $150-$200 million. I know I sound stupid and wreckless, but the Wizards need to make that happen if they ever plan on SERIOUSLY being in contention for a Championship.  

Of course you should feel this way.   Any fan who does not feel this way has simply not been paying attention for the past 30 years.  I really thought things would change when Ted took control  But by extending Ernie he has proven that it's just more of the same.  There is absolutely no reason to believe things will change here.  FAs don't want to come to the black hole, why would they?  So you can forget that.  The only way to turn it around is to suck and get into the lottery.  Of course that strategy doesn't seem to apply here as they've been trying that approach for decades.