Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

4 minutes ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

There were many seasons there where the best thing going on was Buck and Phil. They were like the last line of defense on the road to complete and utter desperation and devestation. We really didn't deserve them. Sucks they never got to call a championship season together. 

Now watch Ted hire Chad Dukes or some ****. I so don't trust him to not try to get stupid cute with it (viral media is the future!! Announcers booth karaoke with Wizards legends!!) Scary times. 

I think itll be someone like Massenberg or Walt Williams.

The talk for Atlanta now is will they lose Millsap.  So that leads me to ask, could the Wizards add Millsap?  Is he an aging vet that wants a few years with a good team and might take a reasonable deal?  I hated him during the series, but he'd be a huge upgrade at PF. 

15 minutes ago, Destino said:

The talk for Atlanta now is will they lose Millsap.  So that leads me to ask, could the Wizards add Millsap?  Is he an aging vet that wants a few years with a good team and might take a reasonable deal?  I hated him during the series, but he'd be a huge upgrade at PF. 

markieff is a poor man's millsap

i wouldn't mind the authentic version at the right price, and right amount of years.  think he's really only got 2 really good season left in him

i would gladly take 2 or 3 criminal charges for John Wall at this point.

i have no idea how the series with boston is going to go, there is not an outcome that would surprise me.  Scott Brooks won't be able to get away with the rotation mistakes he made this series.

Edited by StillUnknown

The home crowd had the refs shook tonight.  To not call a flagrant on Dwight for the elbow to Jason Smith's jaw, and then to not even call a foul on Bazemore when his cheap shot on Beal almost started a brawl... Danny Crawford is supposed to be better than that.  This game got away from him.  And all the friggin chirping and attitude from Hardaway and Millsap and no techs?  They were showing him up.  He is supposed to be the NBA's best ref.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

Now watch Ted hire Chad Dukes or some ****. I so don't trust him to not try to get stupid cute with it (viral media is the future!! Announcers booth karaoke with Wizards legends!!) Scary times. 

If It's Chad Dukes I'm out.  They can't hire someone that seriously suggested the Wizards change their name to "Warriors" on the radio.  It was not a gag, he was obviously unaware that there was already a team by that name. 

What I don't really understand about the NBA is that if the refs have the right to huddle and review plays using tape... how can they not reverse egregious non calls. If an elbow to the head is a flagrant, then why not change it? If you see that Beal is pushed out of bounds and that's considered dangerous why not call a foul?

These were both plays that required play stoppage and so getting it right wouldn't take anything away from the flow of the game.

10 hours ago, STBonecrusher21 said:

Moving picks all over the place to start the 3rd

I gotta say, watching these games, I don't think Milsap set a clean screen all series. Either leaning in with a shoulder, or grabbing, or rolling and pinning the defender, and he never got called once. Then the guy lays on the floor and cries when he throws up some junk and the refs don't bail him out. Guy is just disgraceful.

Now I know why Keef looked like he wanted to take him out. Guy is definition of punk.

• Like 3

Was Wall's 19 points in the 4th his highest scoring quarter of all time, regular or post season?

Here it is, guys. For the 3rd time in 4 years, we once again find ourselves in a 2nd round series against an "inferior" #1 seed. Although there were legit reasons to view us as the favorite in both of the previous times despite a weaker regular season record, we ended up falling in 6 games both times. Will this time be different? Hopefully so.

12 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Why is Game 1 on Sunday when there is still a Game 7 to be played? Game 1 should be on Tuesday. Once again the league going out of its way to screw us scheduling wise.

At this point it's kinda in my nature to complain about stuff like this but, honestly, I like it.  We were some hungry fire in the 4th quarter last night and this early start gives us a chance to just keep grinding.

Wiz in 6.

24 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Why is Game 1 on Sunday when there is still a Game 7 to be played? Game 1 should be on Tuesday. Once again the league going out of its way to screw us scheduling wise.

Meh... This has happened before. So I'm not really tripping off of it. Now the Cavs/Raptors game one should be first, but I believe the Celtics and Wizards played their round one games after the Cavs and Raptors; so whatever...

#WizIn6 

47 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Wall will abuse Thomas, but the bench vs. bench matchup worries me. Horford could also do to us what Millsapp did.

Still I'm going with Wizards in 7.

Thomas isn't guarding Wall.  They'll hide him on Otto. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Destino said:

Thomas isn't guarding Wall.  They'll hide him on Otto. 

That's a huge advantage for us.  Otto could average like five offensive boards a game.  And we could run our half court offense through him.  Just curl him off screens and have him sink 17 footer after 17 footer.

The Wizards have five good scorers in our starting line up.  You can't hide Isaiah Thomas against them.  What I expect Stevens to do is try and stagger Thomas's minutes so he's playing every minute that Brandon Jennings is on the court.