Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Damn, didn't realize Wittman was that pissed at Rice for that incident. Wish he could have worked out here. I always thought he could have been a true microwave scorer off the bench. Sounds like he didn't help himself, but I also don't think we gave him much of a chance.

I have no problem with what the team chose to do in that situation. We are blessed to have a unit that is generally respectful of the coach, in a league where most players ignore the coach's instructions and the star players usurp his authority. This type of attitude, and getting rid of guys that don't fit, is what the Spurs have been doing for two decades. 

Some people didn't know why the Spurs got rid of Gary Neal after he had an impact in the first finals between them and Miami. It was his attitude, he didn't fit with that team philosophy, and turns out they didn't need him because they finished the job a year later. 

I hope Glen gets his act together. He's a very talented player, who needs to humble himself and put more effort in developing his jumper. 

I have no problem with what the team chose to do in that situation. We are blessed to have a unit that is generally respectful of the coach, in a league where most players ignore the coach's instructions and the star players usurp his authority. This type of attitude, and getting rid of guys that don't fit, is what the Spurs have been doing for two decades.

Don't get me wrong, if he was a problem, then cutting him makes sense. He's not good enough for Wittman to have to put up with any extra crap with him.

Atlanta is #1 in the EC right now. Wow.

They've had an amazing start and beaten some quality teams. And as someone on RealGM pointed out, they played Indy in the playoffs better than we did last season.

Atlanta is well constructed and has a roster full of nice players. Millsap is a devil of a match up problem. So is Antic. And healthy Al Horford would be the second best player on our team pretty easily. Combine that with a real stable of quick, creative scoring guards and one of the best spot up shooting wings in the league and it's a balanced group. Plus they are very well coached.

But I still think they're over achievers with a limited ceiling because of a lack of top end talent. It might be enough to win the East in a year where there are no power teams or true contenders. But they aren't a real threat to the five or six best WC teams.

After seeing the first third of the season play out, I can't help but think that Miami would have gotten to another Finals if LeBron had stayed. Especially with Indy dismantled.

• Like 1