Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

The Wizards success is based on Beal and Durant playing incredible ball.

See how that works? Coaches put them in a position to make plays. They make them. Right now, it's obvious who is the better coached team.

Theres no coaching going on when KD goes iso, and is as locked in as he is right now.

Big time Beal!

Edited by STBonecrusher21

Ugh, huge mistake by Wall. That's game.

I will add.... where the hell were the other wizards? Westbrook missed the layup and a Wall had time to defend Ibaka, and still no wizards in the picture.

Edited by Destino

Oh well have to beat San Antonio and New Orleans.

It's painfully obvious this team needs an elite scorer. We have shooters, a great passing point guard, but no big time consistent scoring threat.

Edited by Destino
  • Like 1

**** man, we should have won this game. This was a big missed opportunity. Disappointing.

Pisses me off that OKC can just play hero ball with Durant and win. That's the formula.

Especially when you consider that it's the front side of a road back to back. Second game is rarely a good one. Edited by Destino

Does it bug anyone else that Otto has taken the back seat since Webster has returned. I love Martell and we gotta get his legs back under him, along with his shot. But i like how Otto had been playing. His shot was off for a while, but he was looking much better just before Webster was activated.

Not to mention his rebounding and high iq.

Oh well have to beat San Antonio and New Orleans.

It's painfully obvious this team needs an elite scorer. We have shooters, a great passing point guard, but no big time consistent scoring threat.

Ball handling is a real issue. No real ball handlers aside from Wall and Miller. The offense goes into some pretty ugly stretches because of how little creative ability we have aside from Wall.

Does it bug anyone else that Otto has taken the back seat since Webster has returned. I love Martell and we gotta get his legs back under him, along with his shot. But i like how Otto had been playing. His shot was off for a while, but he was looking much better just before Webster was activated.

It bothers me a great deal. The whole team except Otto and Temple get in that game. Pierce was in foul trouble and Otto can't crack the line up? He needs to play. Butler probably shouldn't be playing as many minutes as he gets and we should be going small more often and playing Seraphin less.

If we were going to handle Otto like this, we should have drafted Noel.

Otto won't start because in DC the wings have to hit threes.  That's the offense.  Otto has a mid range shot and plays defense but Washington has three bigs and a point guard that shoot a lot of mid range shots.  That's not counting Beal that shoots mid range shots off of screens.  In order for spacing to work the wings have to be three point shooters. 

From a talent perspective I agree that Otto should play more.  I like what he's shown this season.  It's jut a fit issue with him right now.  If he had a three ball he'd be getting a lot of minutes right now.  

If we were going to handle Otto like this, we should have drafted Noel.

We're mishandling Otto if we don't play him, but Noel wouldn't have been the answer. He's got zero NBA caliber offensive skills. He looks like Jan Vesely and is only getting so much PT because he's playing on one of the least talented teams in league history. I have a hard time seeing him last in Philly.

I keep searching for the right hindsight pick but the top ten of that draft class was the worst ever IMO. As bad as advertised. Alex Len is the only one that stand out and that's only by comparison to everyone else and you're talking about a guy playing a very limited role for a solid team, much like Otto. Otto's probably the next best one after him.

The most promising players in the class early on have been the foreign ones: Olynyk, Schroeder, and Giannis. None of them were realistic options at three though.

• Like 1

John Wall: “I lost this game.“

Bradley Beal: “We should’ve won the game, man. I don’t want to sugarcoat it.” #Wizards

Otto Porter Jr. didn’t play tonight. I think it’s his 1st DNP of season. Webster taking his minutes.
Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Several times, when he shot the ball and it went in, I just hung my head. The man is unbelievable

Yeah, that And 1 he got on that little finger roll where Pierce fouled him looked like he was behind the backboard. And it looked like it was in the wrong hand. All those Dirk fade aways. Those pull up threes from like 27-30 feet that looked like he was shooting on one of those toy hoops at an arcade. The turn arounds...

He scored in about 10 different ways and barely missed a shot and all of it looked incredibly easy for him. You can't stop that man when he gets like that.

Durant covers up so many flaws in that OKC team. They aren't well coached. Their offense is horrible. They fell asleep on defense a bunch of times giving us some very easy buckets. Their depth isn't anything special and they're starting two pups that barely know how to play. But throw Durant in there and along with a healthy Westbrook and Ibaka, they can beat anybody.

It must eat away at a team like Memphis to out-execute the Thunder and beat them at all the fundamentals and still lose heart breakers in the playoffs because of Durant.

- Durant's injuries derailed him from winning back to back MVPs. The field is open now only because he got hurt. He's the clear cut best player in the world right now by some distance.

- This Wizards team is much better than that Thunder team minus Durant. His supporting cast if he came here would be so much better than the one he's got in OKC.

- If he came here, he would easily make us the best team in the league. We'd have a super team.

• Like 2