Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I'll say it again, for John Wall to complete his transition into a star player his consistency scoring has to improve dramatically. Right now the rest of the team scores the ball and sometimes Wall scores well and others he's doesn't. The teams best player can't be so hot and cold.

Don't think I'm doubting John, I'm not. I'm a fan.

• Like 1

I'll say it again, for John Wall to complete his transition into a star player his consistency scoring has to improve dramatically. Right now the rest of the team scores the ball and sometimes Wall scores well and others he's doesn't. The teams best player can't be so hot and cold.

Consistency is what separates the great players from the good ones.

Right now Beal and Wall are far too schizophrenic in their play to be considered elite or close to elite.

We shot ourselves in the feet one too many times to blame anything on officiating.  We had our chances at the end of the game and couldn't capitalize.  Even down 17 or whatever it was, I had a feeling that this team would make a run to make things interesting.  Too bad it wasn't like the Lakers game the other night.  Those are the breaks...

this is my feeling as well

for John Wall to be a superstar, he needs to average 22-24 ppg. He needs to take over games when his teams need it and put the ball in the basket. Its just the truth. Some of you guys can pretend it doesnt matter or deny it, but its just the truth.

this is my feeling as well

for John Wall to be a superstar, he needs to average 22-24 ppg. He needs to take over games when his teams need it and put the ball in the basket. Its just the truth. Some of you guys can pretend it doesnt matter or deny it, but its just the truth.

Wall is a true PG. He doesn't need to average 22-24 PPG to have superstar caliber impact. It's about him running the offense and generating scoring for the offense as a whole. If he has a 17 point 14 assist game, then he is generating so many more points then he would if he scored 22-24 with way fewer assists.

High volume assists has more of a net positive impact on the team as a whole than high volume scoring. Getting other players involved in scoring has a wide ranging positive effect on team performance. It gets guys invested in the game and creates good offensive flow that can sustain itself. It gets the competing hard on both ends.

That's what matters. Not volume scoring. A five assist quarter from Wall where he's breaking down the defense in a variety of ways has a better net effect than a 15 point quarter from Durant or Melo or Kobe.

A 19 & 9 PG with Wall's usage rate, minutes player, and defensive performance is absolutely a superstar. We made the second round of the playoffs as a five seed last season and we're 13 & 6 with no second AS caliber player during that span. That's a testament to Wall's individual quality.

• Like 1