Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Well. Just got in. The bar I was at in Chicago Is VERY anti-Pacers so in about 20 minutes I will be blacked out/passed out drunk from all the victory drinks I was bought.

Man work with a hangover tomorrow Will be worth it though

Edited by EvilMonkeyBoy
  • Like 2

Watching Beal on NBA TV post game...

Congrats Bullets/Wiz fans, that guy is a super star hatching.

Watching Ariza light it up however, pisses me off because I wanted them to keep him on the Lakers. Same can be said for a few of the moves the Lakers have made over the recent years.

Anyway...Great win, sweep those guys.

The Pacers seemed so confused and unsure of themselves. Go ahead and put them out of their misery.

:cheers:

• Like 2

Atlanta also won game one. The Pacers are too good to let them hang in the series. I hope the wizard stay in desperation mode in game 2 (and 3 and 4). Play every game like the series depends on it because giving them any life, as Atlanta found out, is a bad idea. Luckily the wizards are better than Atlanta. :)

When they made a run at us during the third quarter the announcers said something like "this is Indiana basketball," but I just saw us getting good looks and blowing them. Coupled with our bad FT shooting and you have a game which was much closer than it should've been. Happy for the decisive performance but we need to get better at closing out games. Fortunately it didn't cost us tonight or the previous series, but we're just asking for trouble, and it'll get worse if we live to face BKN/MIA.

• Like 1

Atlanta also won game one. The Pacers are too good to let them hang in the series. I hope the wizard stay in desperation mode in game 2 (and 3 and 4). Play every game like the series depends on it because giving them any life, as Atlanta found out, is a bad idea. Luckily the wizards are better than Atlanta. :)

From listening to the players & Wittman, I don't get the sense they'll lose a game because they "took their foot off the gas". I could be reading them wrong, but I don't get the sense they have any problems with effort. The games we lose this series will be because Indy earned them.

Destino, Of course now I can't recall which Bullets/Wiz player it was, but he stated we are down 0-1. They want to play with that mentality.

I am pretty sure it was Beal though.

Probably was Beal, he mentioned the same thing when we were up 2-0 on Chicago. He said the team was approaching it like they were down 2.

Beal has an old soul to his game, I love the fact that he's more even keeled. It balances out Wall who tends to wear his emotions on his sleeves. Nothing wrong with either method, but having both from 2 important players keeps things in perspective.

Edited by StillUnknown

Sounds like the same thing I posted on fb after the game...

"New round, same result. On the road, game 1, and we TAKE it from the home team. They will be desperate to win game two. We need to meet their desperation..."

I hope we can match their desperation. And I hope the locker room turmoil returns for them.

Atlanta also had NO expectations and there wasn't really "Blood in the water" as we knew the Pacers were struggling but not on this level. I've got faith.

Ariza is making it really hard to let him go this summer.

I do everything I can to keep Ariza and move Martell.

That will free up time for Otto.

(I hope to get backup PG in exchange for Martell. One with more speed and explosiveness)

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Great stat on Inside the NBA on TNT: only guys with three playoffs games of 25+ points before their 21st bday? Bradley Beal and...Magic Johnson.

Also Gator Bait has convinced me: resigning Ariza is a must

From listening to the players & Wittman, I don't get the sense they'll lose a game because they "took their foot off the gas". I could be reading them wrong, but I don't get the sense they have any problems with effort. The games we lose this series will be because Indy earned them.

Probably was Beal, he mentioned the same thing when we were up 2-0 on Chicago. He said the team was approaching it like they were down 2.

Beal has an old soul to his game, I love the fact that he's more even keeled. It balances out Wall who tends to wear his emotions on his sleeves. Nothing wrong with either method, but having both from 2 important players keeps things in perspective.

I don't think you could find two guys more prefect for each other than Wall and Beal

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Gator Bait.......what happened to that guy? Why doesn't he post here anymore?

Permabanned. We were roommates for a quick minute so we still keep in touch. Couple others, like ACW who I've mentioned before, that I keep in touch with. Have exchanged numbers with a couple of others here, would love/be happy to exchange with some more. For the day I'm banned.

I'm on other boards but I've been on ES for damn near a decade now (have basically grown up on this board) so this will always be #1 in my heart. Especially considering I've been talking Wizards basketball with the same few people that entire time. We've been in the **** together.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Haha! That's fantastic, I didn't expect them to blame the existence of the three point shot. What year is it in Indiana?

I know it won't happen but if we happen to have one of the home games in hand I would love for our fan base to start a sarcastic 'Hoosiers' chant.

Proud of this team. Stayed up until almost 4 in the morning to watch that game last night and have no regret whatsoever.

These guys are being good to the fans.

Also, wanted to say that I liked CWebb. He's got a good attitude and does have some good things to say. And did anyone else pop a fan boner when he made that comparison of Wall and Beal to Zeke and Dumars? LeBron & Wade, Westbrook & Durant (though he garbled this a little), Zeke & Dumars. Said it was a pleasure to see two excellent perimeter players in total sync with each other, playing unselfishly, and making each other better.