Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

[/color]

There is a new CBA in the works. FYI

I know they are discussing this but that is a moot point until it gets approved. The knicks have done this to get another star in 2012

They won't have the flexibility to add another superstar in 2012. It's going to be Melo + Amar'e for the long run...with a bunch of role players.

I read somewhere (on here?) that they're trying to turn him into a SF.

Didn't see the game tonight but it doesn't sound like I missed anything

Hm. I don't know how I feel about that. Do you think he's fast enough or a good enough shooter for that? Sounds to me like the only reason you'd make that move is because he's 6'7".

If his height is a problem for us in the frontcourt, why did we draft him in the first place? It's not like he shrunk since he got here.

there is no such thing as the franchise tag in the NBA. Paul or Deron williams is coming to NY in 2012. Billups 14.2 million is coming off the books next year

there probably will once the new CBA is in place

---------- Post added February-23rd-2011 at 12:04 PM ----------

Hm. I don't know how I feel about that. Do you think he's fast enough or a good enough shooter for that? Sounds to me like the only reason you'd make that move is because he's 6'7".

If his height is a problem for us in the frontcourt, why did we draft him in the first place? It's not like he shrunk since he got here.

could be a Ron Artest type small forward. Booker is actually really fast, when they did the foul line to opposite endline drill in the draft workouts, Booker was the fastest in the draft (if I remember correctly) and he actually has a decent mid range jumper that could be worked on. I've thought he was better suited at the 3 from the beginning. Him and Thorton are guys that can play 3 and 4 in small ball lineups. I'd rather have more size at the 4.

there probably will once the new CBA is in place

---------- Post added February-23rd-2011 at 12:04 PM ----------

could be a Ron Artest type small forward. Booker is actually really fast, when they did the foul line to opposite endline drill in the draft workouts, Booker was the fastest in the draft (if I remember correctly) and he actually has a decent mid range jumper that could be worked on. I've thought he was better suited at the 3 from the beginning. Him and Thorton are guys that can play 3 and 4 in small ball lineups. I'd rather have more size at the 4.

he's very fast on a straight line, but i don't think he has the lateral quickness to guard most 3's in the league

Wigga What? So turns out I was wrong about Deron Williams staying with his team... but so were everyone else who thought he'd end up on the Knicks. Wow. I like the Nets trade a lot better than the Melo deal. The Nets still have some cap flexibility and all they gave up was Devin Harris, an unprotected first round pick, and Derrick Favors. Harris is a good defender and efficient player, but he's not really a franchise building block like Williams. Favors is a mixed bag and seems like he was a long way off. They could have just sold high on him right there. The thing that might hurt is losing that unprotected pick, but that's a risk I'd have taken in this year's class to get one of the three best PGs in the game right now.

Suddenly the Nets have a top 3 all around PG and a guy who'se going to be a top 3 center in a year or two. Damn.

Also this blows because now the only elite PGs left in the West are Paul and Westbrook. And to hear some tell it, Paul might come East to play for NYN or the Magic? Wall is going to have a bear of a time making All Star teams.

---------- Post added February-23rd-2011 at 02:30 PM ----------

Also, how much worse does that Melo deal look now that it's clear Deron Williams was available via trade? That's the deal New York should have made. If they do that and then Carmelo sees the Knicks suddenly have all of the pieces in place for him to walk on and make them a contender, I doubt he signs that extension. He can get the money he needs and end up on the team he wants this summer.

Interesting. Where did you see that?

Marc Spears from Yahoo's twitter:

SpearsNBAYahoo Marc J. Spears

Wizards guard Kirk Hinrich close to being dealt to the Hawks in multi-player trade, source tells Y! Sports.

The multi player aspect is interesting. I know it's unlikely but I'm going to do cart wheels from my apartment to the Verizon Center if that loser Blatche is a part of this trade.

is it final? i heard rumors? thats a great deal. We got 2 1st rounders from hinrich and jordan crawford is a freakin beast. Didnt he put up like 50 on us in preseason?

---------- Post added February-23rd-2011 at 06:47 PM ----------

Blatche is off the block

The multi player aspect is interesting. I know it's unlikely but I'm going to do cart wheels from my apartment to the Verizon Center if that loser Blatche is a part of this trade.

Not with his awful contract. He will be with us for a while. :(

Also, I will take Crawford for Henrich alllllllllllllllll day.

Edited by Duckus

[/color]Blatche is off the block

Michael Lee posted a while ago that this was just posturing by the front office. They are still open to trading Blatche if they get a good offer.

---------- Post added February-23rd-2011 at 07:04 PM ----------

Conflicting reports everywhere. Yahoo is posting that it is for Jamal Crawford. Michael Lee tweeted that it should be for Jordan Crawford.

---------- Post added February-23rd-2011 at 07:05 PM ----------

AlexKennedyNBA Alex Kennedy

Sources say ATL and WAS nearing deal: Kirk Hinrich & Hilton Armstrong for Mike Bibby, Mo Evans, Jordan Crawford

I'd be down for this.

Yup, Buck just mentioned that Hinrich is out tonight and there are rumors he's been dealt to the Hawks. More to come later. Unfortunately my living nightmare is playing.

---------- Post added February-23rd-2011 at 08:17 PM ----------

I can barely watch the games anymore. I just involuntarily focus in on Blatche, esp when he's on D, and I'm just filled with this violent rage. I much prefer the radio. (I am not exaggerating.)

Buck just mentioned it again. Hinrich and possibly one other player. Armstrong is also out tonight.