Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

WojYahooNBAKris Humphries has agreed to a three-year, $13M deal with Washington, league source tells Yahoo Sports. Team option on third year.

Done deal....3rd year is non-guaranteed.  FWIW, I think Humphries is a much better fit for this team than Blair. 

• Like 2

So between Humphries and Blair, who do you all have? I really like Blair's tenacity. He reminds me of a poor man's Z-Bo but without the offense. Humphries has a bit of a mid-range and is a rebounding fiend. I think i would have gone with Humphries as well. A more reliable shot with decent bulk and size.

So did we get Humphries for less than Booker got? If so that's a nice signing. He's a good backup for Nene. I don't know how good a center he is but I think that's where Boston had him.

I like it.

Edited by Destino

Just under 5 million a year if I'm not mistaken. About what Booker got. Humphries is a little better. He's a more credible option at backup C than Book.

We're getting a little old though. Pretty soon Wall, Beal, Porter, and GRJr are going to be the only guys in their 20s left on the team. Feels like we're trying to make our run right now. Not sure Beal and Wall are up for it.

We need another wing that can play SG and we need another guy who can play PG.

Wall, Beal, and Porter should account for 3 of the 5 starting positions. That isnt a bad position to be in at all. Gortat's game should translate through age well as he doesnt jump vertically all the much. Its all pick and rolls with him. Also, the man keeps himself in tip top shape. I gotta take my hat off to EG. He put some serious work in this offseason. If he lands Temple, Snakey, and a decent end of bench role player as well as a possible shout out to Khem Birch, i dont know what i will do with myself. Disliking Ernie is all i know.

• Like 1

I don't think they're making their official run. I think they're trying to stay relevant and be a place to come. At the same time, once again, a two year deal (3rd year is team option). They're all in on Durant. That's pretty much official at this point. How realistic it is, I don't know. I got to think something has been said to somebody for them to ride this strategy so hard.

I don't think they're making their official run. I think they're trying to stay relevant and be a place to come. At the same time, once again, a two year deal (3rd year is team option). They're all in on Durant. That's pretty much official at this point. How realistic it is, I don't know. I got to think something has been said to somebody for them to ride this strategy so hard.

Thats the shocking part, Ernie is making solid moves to improve the team short-term while keeping his option open in case Durant really wants to come home.