Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Can you tell me which of those moves were Ted and done against Grunfeld's better judgement?  You're implying that Ernie is an order taker and I don't buy it.  I don't know how much autonomy he's given and what he has to run buy the owner but I'd be willing to bet most of the things I listed either were his ideas in the first place or at the very least carried his stamp of approval.  Executives of his level aren't hired to simply nod their head.  

I don't know what moves were done against Grunfeld's judgement.  I do know that Ted has a vision, and Grunfeld's moves are questionable with regards to building a winning NBA franchise.  I don't think Grunfeld was hired to simply nod their head, I think it started right before Abe died.  Trying to win one last championship, bad trades, trading picks for cash, then Abe died, and Grunfeld roled into "starting over" "build through the draft"  Then odd trades.  And all this time, Steady Teddy sits on his smug thrown with an heir of approval.

You telling me you think Grunfeld built this franchise the way he wanted too???

This is really making the question come up of who the best (worst) owner in the DC area is? Snyder? Lenosis (Wizards)? Lenosis (Caps)? Lerner?

I'd like to give it to Lenosis (Caps) because of their constant success even with the changing of coaches, but how much of that is because of Ovi vs Ted? Then there's Lerner, who it seems has taken an absolute back seat and we can see the product that Mike Rizzo put on the table. Problem is they underperformed this year, and he has been known to pick some bad pitchers in FA.

I think there's a statement to be made about Ted's Talks and his vision limiting Ernie, but I really don't buy it. If Ernie doesn't have enough of a backbone to stand up to Ten (and say to fire me if you won't do it my way), ala Marty Schottenheimer then he's not the guy we need here. Thing is, though, that Ted supposedly is using all kinds of advanced statistical methods to rate players and measure performance. Guess his toys aren't working too well. Snyder is just Snyder.

Wall is piling up assists.

Gotta jump on Minny while they can't hit a shot 

Minnesota's transition D is horrible, keeping us in this game.

No kidding. We need to run a constant fast break.

Gortat doesn't need to fade away from love.

Just when we start to capitalize on our momentum, Wall gets called for a reach, then a bunch of turnovers and offensive rebounds given up, and Minny is back up.

Every time Vesely does something I want to jump for joy

This is where we've got to come alive. We've been dead in the 4th for the past 4 games. We need some energy here.

He's been playing well in limited minutes.

Just keep running the break! Do it after made buckets. It's our only chance.

Not looking forward to when Love comes back in.

Every time Vesely does something I want to jump for joy

This is where we've got to come alive. We've been dead in the 4th for the past 4 games. We need some energy here.

He has to shine in a game like this, Minnesota's lack of transition D is perfect for what little Vesely is capable of