Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Naw Vessley sucks dude, don't give him minutes just to give it to him.

Beal is a shooter he needs to shoot and his just just didn't go down. I thought Wall wasn't aggressive at all in the 2nd half may have been do the the back tightening.

I am done with NeNe this guy just can't stay healthy at all the team needed him tonight and he wasn't there again.

You don't have to convince me that Vesely is trash, a few of the regulars in this thread called it when it was telegraphed that he would be our pick. Sad to see so many of us be right on that issue.

And the second line is terrible on D.  You can not play Harrington and Seraphin together Wittman.  Put Vesely in.  You can't let Beal have a game like that and do nothing and justify letting Vesely rot on the bench.

Ummm. Do you really think Vesely would be an answer to our suck ass offense/inside defense.

Good chance Randy Wittman will be the first coach fired this year.

Ernie will save his behind to make sure they are an 8th seed this year.

Get Wittman the hell out, bring in Gary Williams.

absolutely not, he would be terrible in the NBA. He may get PJ Carlisemo'd. Way too abrasive. Edited by JoeWolf990

The Heat have played well and lost their first 2 games. They are fine. 1st game the 76ers had an amazing night especially their rook and the Nets are not a bad team at all. LBJ and co played well except for LBJ maybe not giving it is all at the end of the 2nd game.

I've learned that the Wiz can not bang in the paint. Ves, Kev, and Sing are all 100% straight bums they are not NBA caliber players. Booker should be a deep bench player and he has to start all the time. The Wizards have been out rebounded so damn bad so far this season and they just get bent over in the paint. I know from the last few seasons that this is the norm. Nene is already hurt after game 1. I assumed he would miss at least 30 games this year but he is already out. got rid of Oak for Gortat but it is going to take him awhile to learn the scheme. But if Nene is out Gortat and booker will not be able to hold it down in there and they get no help at all from the sorry bench. I also learned that John is still taking ill-advised jump shots because he wants to prove that he can shoot when he actually sucks at shooting and needs to attack the basket more thats his strength. I also learned that Randy has no idea at all how to coach taking out John near the end of the game when he was the only player producing what a fool. Then he drops F bombs after the 2nd game of the season in the presser.

Sigh

Wizards why must you break my heart

They can still get the 7th or 8th seed because things can turn around. But their front court is too bad to actually get away with against good teams.

Edited by Mocountyskins
  • Like 1

That's simply not true.  It is a long season.  What do you think you've learned from the Heat in the past two games?

I believe what he said is accurate. Basketball is about fundamentals, play execution, and simple I.Q., which are all visible immediately. Player tendencies settle in quickly. The Heat are veterans. The Wizards are young and unproven with bad habits/issues that need to be corrected immediately. 

I really like Gortat and he appears to fit in well. More moves still need to be made to fine tune the roster but I don't see EG fleecing anyone any time soon.

This how is this team has started the season in years past:

2012: 0-12

2011: 0-8

2010: 0-2 (eventually 6-19)

2009: 1-8

2008: 1-10

I mean it is unbelievable that despite a **** start every year, we have made practically zero changes to the infrastructure of this team over the last 6 seasons. I really cannot state my disdain for Ted Leonsis in words.

Randy Witmann is not a very good coach. I just don't understand why we settled for mediocrity. Why not go for a young hungry up and comer, our own version of Thibodeau/Spoelstra/Brooks?

As simple as it seems...those guys don't exactly grow on trees. 

I say give Wittman 5 games to get this thing turned around.  Despite the 0-2 start, they DO have promise.  The reason I say 5 games is that, you don't want to make too long to make a change.  It's obvious that Wittman isn't the long-term answer, so he should have a short leash.  The vibe from ownership is urgency.  Firing the guy this early would send a message to just about everyone. 

Randy Witmann is not a very good coach. I just don't understand why we settled for mediocrity. Why not go for a young hungry up and comer, our own version of Thibodeau/Spoelstra/Brooks?

Thibodeaux could have easily been our coach at one point and time, but that story is depressing.

Sometimes I don't understand why Ted has never hired a GM for either team he owns. I think most would agree Ernie has now earned his extension and doesn't deserve to be in his role today. I also think keeping Whitman feels like a financial choice. Like they don't want to pay for a quality coach. There were plenty of them last offseason and this team could use one.

Nothing against Randy. He's not the WORSE. But last night it looked like he was more lost than the players.