Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

A healthy starting five is pretty good but I think our main problem is our bench. our bench is filled with young and inexperienced players, where most teams bench are filled with veterans and maybe 1 or 2 young players buried on the bench. We dont need to keep drafting a lot of young players, we ned to use our draft pick and get one player and get rid of ves, seraphin and replace them with some vets.

In other news, Beal is the truth.

The double truth, Ruth.

---------- Post added March-1st-2013 at 09:25 PM ----------

Disappointed in Wall's defense on Felton tonight.

---------- Post added March-1st-2013 at 09:28 PM ----------

29pts & 11 rebs for Beal. The young pup is growing already.

Wall is a little out of control late. Needs to calm down.

He's trying to damn hard, which especially tonight was unneccesary. Beal was having a career night, he should've been given the ball more. Still no excuse for the team as a whole missing that many free throws, almost bigger reason why we lost. We had the knicks with no fouls to give with more then six minutes left in the game.

Wall didn't have much of any turnovers until the end of the game. There are sometimes he seems like he's trying to meet the expectations of being a #1 overall pick. There's pressure there, man, the heart is there, he definitely gives a **** about winning versus losing. He needs someone to talk to, really he does.

This team doesn't need more inexperienced talent. They need veterans.

Edited by Renegade7

Man we really struggle without Nene. We can't win without Wall, can't win without Nene, soon getting to the point where we won't be able to win without Beal. We're reed thin.

We don't have legitimate big man size and skils behind Nene and Okafor. Seraphin has gotten soft and was never that long to begin with. Ves is a stick. Booker is short. Singleton is a re-purposed SF. None of them except Seraphin are particularly good at multiple things. I want a good big man out of this draft pretty bad.

At least Beal had a game. He's special. Eventually you all aren't going to think I'm crazy for saying we're better off having kept Beal instead of trading him for Harden. I think Beal ends up being a better all around player than Harden: better athlete/smarter player/better defender.

Think of how good OKC would be if they had Beal. We basically would have made them a long term juggernaut. He would probably be their starter right now.

Beal was so much bigger of a price to pay than what Houston gave up for Harden. A year of Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb, and Toronto's bottom of the lottery pick.

Wall is trying too hard because he wants to be an all-start but just isn't good enough for that. The guy can't shoot and the other teams know it. He's a 16 points / 8 assist guy which isn't bad but Wall is trying to play beyond that and he can't. Maybe he's seeing how good Beal is becoming and is feeling pressured to be as good. He needs to give up on that and just be a solid point guard.

Watched the game last night. Brad Beal is ridiculously good for a 19 year old. I think he may already be a better player than Wall.

Agreed. Beal will be a legit All-Star. I don't think Wall will ever be better than a 16/8 guy like someone else mentioned. That's not bad, but ultimately disappointing for a 1/1 pick.

By the way, your sig is amazing. :ols:

Agreed. Beal will be a legit All-Star. I don't think Wall will ever be better than a 16/8 guy like someone else mentioned. That's not bad, but ultimately disappointing for a 1/1 pick.

By the way, your sig is amazing. :ols:

I wouldn't automatically call 16/8 by a pg disappointing for a #1 pick. It depends on the how the stats are acquired. The more important stat with Wall is turnovers, we can't live with the 5+ a game we've been getting recently.

16/8 in a game in which he has full control of the tempo of the offense is damn good.

From 2005-06 to current: http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&type=per_game&per_minute_base=36&lg_id=NBA&is_playoffs=N&year_min=2006&year_max=2013&franch_id=&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&birth_country_is=Y&birth_country=&is_active=&is_hof=&is_as=&as_comp=gt&as_val=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&qual=&c1stat=pts_per_g&c1comp=gt&c1val=16&c2stat=ast_per_g&c2comp=gt&c2val=8&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5stat=&c5comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=pts_per_g

16/8 puts you in some pretty elite company

Edited by StillUnknown

Wall needs to decide how bad he wants to be a star this off season. He's been the same player for three years and that's not going to change until swallows his pride and decides to change things.

Edited by Destino

His jumpshot has improved though. You can see it in his free throws. I really think he just has a major confidence issue with it.

Can't tell much about jumpshots from free throws. He's shot almost the same free throw percentage every year, the jumpshot is still trash.

Edited by StillUnknown

Based off where we will probably draft and the needs of the teams ahead of us.

We are guaranteed at least one of Porter/Muhammed/Len/Noel/Bennett being there when we pick (aka guys that would fit our needs at the top of the draft)

For me ranking them...

1. Noel

2. Porter

3. Bennett

4. Muhammed

5. Len

I like the top 3 there especially

Didn't see Zeller's game but saw the highlights and the numbers. Looks like he had a great bounce back performance. 22 points on 13 shots, 10 rebounds, 2 steals, and 3 blocks.

I'm at the point where the only bigs I really really want are Noel and Zeller. I just don't trust Austin or Len. I can see their talents and appreciate their potential on an intellectual level. But too often when I watch them my gut says stay away. I have trouble seeing them succeed here. I would draft Porter over them and I doubt we'll be drafting below Porter's floor. Unless he stays in school.

---------- Post added March-2nd-2013 at 10:10 PM ----------

Based off where we will probably draft and the needs of the teams ahead of us.

We are guaranteed at least one of Porter/Muhammed/Len/Noel/Bennett being there when we pick (aka guys that would fit our needs at the top of the draft)

For me ranking them...

1. Noel

2. Porter

3. Bennett

4. Muhammed

5. Len

I like the top 3 there especially

My ranking would be:

Noel

Zeller

Muhammad

Porter