Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Guys, we got 2 more million to play with next year! That is the only result of this trade for us

I know this is a joke, but we wont even have that 2 million in cap room.....we will already be over the cap with our current roster. Can't believe we couldn't even get a 2nd round pick from a playoff team for a guy who can score off the bench.

I saw this on DC Sports Blog's twitter:

:ols: :ols:

Ted Take from April 2011:

Learning to Win

Posted on April 06, 2011

Read these quotes. See the players' confidence building. See players developing right before your eyes. That is what a rebuild is all about. A new big three has announced its arrival - Wall, Crawford and Blatche. Big minutes - big productivity - big results. And wins, too. We are short-handed and so players are getting bigger minutes to show the world what they can do. We have two first round draft picks next off season. We have cap space. We are young. We have upside. We are becoming an exciting team to watch. The sun is shining out today. Admit it. It feels good to be Wizards fans watching the rebuild unfold, yes? I am so grateful to you all and I appreciate all of your positive emails. Thank you.

Edited by Duckus

Can someone explain Ted's logic in keeping Ernie? Was he too cheap to buy out his contract? I know he gets all the credit for building the 90's Knicks...but come on, that team already had Ewing.

The Gilbert contract extension alone should have been the end....now it is one giant pile after another.

Portland got Eric Maynor for the Trade Exception, we had one those. Not like we could use a better backup pg though. Carry on.

there was also a draft pick involved.

---------- Post added February-21st-2013 at 03:06 PM ----------

Atlanta claims to have two offers for Josh Smith.....Bucks and Nets are out....that leaves...........

Houston, Dallas, Boston, Washington?

I'll admit, and Gator will attest to this, that I'm not the most knowledgeable basketball fan, but expiring contracts are usually good for a team in the Wizards situation, no? Note, I'm ignoring where they are cap wise because I don't have that figured out, but generally, it's good to have more cap room if you aren't getting a whiff of the playoffs? And we got rid of a guy who isn't playing much, wasn't in favor with the coaching staff, and whose stat lines I personally cringed reading more often than not?

I'm not going to applaud the trade because I applaud almost nothing Grunfeld does, but I'm not going to ***** too loudly either.