Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

31 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Very few teams can survive losing two front court rotation players. 

Especially considering it leaves us with one center and one PF that have actually played this season.  Zero depth, in the playoffs, at two positions.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I got into an argument with a guy at work yesterday in regards to Morris' potential absence.  My point: Missing Morris in conjunction with no Mahinmi spells straight up disaster that could end in 5 for us.  His point of contention: If losing Morris loses ya'll a shot at the ECF, you were never that good anyway.

While I know his point has some level of validity, it's a pretty big deal to lose two big men in the playoffs.  Even if Morris doesn't show up in the scoring column, we desperately need another big body to bang down low, get boards, etc.  Without them, I just don't see how we can survive.

Tell him about what happened in last year's finals... Draymond gets suspended and the whole series changes drastically. In the playoffs, you lose ANY piece and it can be dangerous. If the Celtics lose Olynek (sp?) that spells doom to them. Every key piece is an important part.

• Like 1

As far as im concerned we played the majority of the last series without Morris as well. Yea it will be tough and honestly we shouldn't be favored away but if John Wall doesn't have 8 turnovers and we hit our free throws we win game 1. We can do both of those things AND shoot better in game 2.