Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Well, I think Sato actually did pretty well with his minutes in the second half. Burke should be out of the rotation at this point. 

But it this game was lost because Marcin was completely terrible, and Otto was gassed by the 2nd trying to box out and go through screens. Hoo boy, stifle tower is for real. 

11 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Well, I think Sato actually did pretty well with his minutes in the second half. Burke should be out of the rotation at this point. 

But it this game was lost because Marcin was completely terrible, and Otto was gassed by the 2nd trying to box out and go through screens. Hoo boy, stifle tower is for real. 

You blame Marcin for too much.  Morris was garbage, easily the worst player for the Wizards tonight, and Beal contributed zero points in the first half.  Wall turned the ball over nine times.  Yet you think the game was lost because Gortat?  He's the 5th option for this team and he was battling a much better center tonight.  He's expected to lose that matchup.

Wall and Beal taking turns dribbling too much while everyone else stands still brings back a lot of concerns I had about Brooks coaching after his time with OKC.  The Jazz's defense **** on that offense tonight.  Guys aren't cutting and who can blame them?  Brooks better have something else up his sleeve when the playoffs come around.

• Like 1

Well, maybe I put it wrong. It's not all his fault, but the interior has been destroyed in all facets the past two games. This week is going to be brutal. I don't know if I'm ready for Tuesday. I might even entertain the idea of holding back against GS so they can going all out against Toronto the next night. 

10 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

So DC has made Wall a soft dude ? 

The point of this comment is what exactly? 

Anyways, they gotta correct their problems in the paint.  I think Brooks HAS to find a way to get Jason Smith some minutes and find a way for him to get minutes with Mahinmi as well.  I'm not saying that they should share the floor, but there is no reason for him not to play due to Mahinmi getting minutes. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

So DC has made Wall a soft dude ? 

Nah Kosh, he really doesn't get the calls other stars get. Sometimes I just laugh while watching the game because they'll watch him get beat up and become frustrated and then T him up immediately for saying something. 

I completely understand why it's happening but I don't agree with it. He bumped a ref and now he's paying for it. He's been paying for it since it happened. It's really quite pathetic at this point.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

I see your point and I do watch the games. 

I just think he has to overcome that obstacle and let's not make that an excuse for when he plays poorly. 

I can agree to an extent. But it's happening all the time. Even when he plays great he doesn't get the calls. With that said, they have not played well at all coming out of the break. I fear Wall is starting to wear down. He's logging far too many minutes. 

• Like 1

On 2/24/2017 at 9:58 PM, MLSKINS said:

How much worse can Tomas be? I'm at the point where I'd rather he learned on the job.

That questions was answered yesterday. He's actually better.

Right now, I'm just chalking up our struggles to All-Star break throwing off our rhythm, adjusting to Bo and Mahinmi additions, and Burke just being Burke. I'll give it two more games before I start to panic. Would be nice if we could win at least one of the next two, but I'm expecting either way that the second Raptors game will be a must win.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

I see your point and I do watch the games. 

I just think he has to overcome that obstacle and let's not make that an excuse for when he plays poorly. 

I mean, at some point, you gotta at least let the officials know that you're on to their BS... Wall is hitting the floor consistently and fouls are rarely called. He shot 14 free throws against Philly and he should have 30 lol