Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Just now, Taylor703 said:

There was so much time left and they were just jacking them up. Reminded me of the pacers playoff series. 

They were wide open though.  Have to get at least some of those.  Especially from Beal, shooting is supposed to be his thing.  

Look, I'm not saying Mahinmi is a bum, but Jason Smith is playing better as of now. He should get a little more burn IMO...

And I'm over Burke now. How much worse can Tomas be? I'm at the point where I'd rather he learned on the job.

Bo shouldn't have played tonight. No practice and we just let him play. I know hindsight is 20/20 and I'm not a coach, but I wouldn't play a player with no practice time.

I will give the 6ers props though. That PG and Okafor was balling tonight.

I'm waiting for Mahinmi to show there is something, anything, he can do well this season.  I get it, his knees are bad, his back is bad, and he's played no basketball for months.  I'm fine with waiting.

but I'm worried.  

Edited by Destino

33 minutes ago, Destino said:

I'm waiting for Mahinmi to show there something, anything, he can do well this season.  I get it, his knees are bad, his back is bad, and he's played no basketball for months.  I'm fine with waiting.

but I'm worried.  

its beginning to look like sunk costs

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

You have watched too many games to think that this is something smart all of a sudden. 

2786830-michael-scott-closes-the-door-aw

Please tell me another time this has happened to this extent.  Thanks. 

The things you say...

7 hours ago, Destino said:

I'm waiting for Mahinmi to show there is something, anything, he can do well this season.  I get it, his knees are bad, his back is bad, and he's played no basketball for months.  I'm fine with waiting.

but I'm worried.  

Me too...this is looking like the absolute worst FA decision this team has made.

Jason Smith should be getting all of his minutes. 

Team priority #1 this offseason, find a taker for that contract. 

Also, I've never seen a PG unable to bring a ball up court like Trey Burke.  So bizarre. 

I'm going to be patient with Mahinmi.  He's only played a couple of games and he's still catching his wind and finding his place on a second unit that's experiencing a lot of flux and having basic breakdowns in execution.  The bench is chaotic and they won't know how to play together for some time, so it's going to take a while for both him and Bojan to find their footing.  It's unfortunate because we don't have a lot of time left in the season for them to gel and we're desperately fighting to stay out of the fourth seed and we're heading into the hardest part of our schedule.  We might not see good contribution from our two best bench players for most of the rest of the season, and one of them is a pending RFA.  The situation sucks and all we can do is hope they develop some chemistry by the time the postseason starts.

Way too early to start going nuts about Mahinmi.  He's about, what, 8 games into a 4 year deal and not even in game shape yet.  Gonna take a couple weeks for Brooks to really figure out his best rotations/lineups and having a really tough schedule probably works in our favor in the long run.

Remember...we are not a threat to win a title this year.  Our title window opens next year, at the soonest.  The rest of this year is all about playoff experience and figuring out what we really have.

For me, the most concerning thing about last night was Otto.  We are seriously talking about paying him max/near max money for 4-5 years and he was the worst player in the gym last night...an absolute stiff on both ends.  That type of thing simply cannot happen to a guy making 20 mil a year...or your team is toast.

3 hours ago, RonArtest15 said:

Me too...this is looking like the absolute worst FA decision this team has made.

Jason Smith should be getting all of his minutes. 

Team priority #1 this offseason, find a taker for that contract. 

Also, I've never seen a PG unable to bring a ball up court like Trey Burke.  So bizarre. 

gonna cost us more than another 1st rounder to rid ourselves of Manhimi next year.  I'm sure Grunfeld will pony up anyway and be praised like he never signed him in the first place. We ain't drafting in the first round until 2020 at this rate

Burke is a 6'1 shooting guard, nothing about his game says PG.

18 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Way too early to start going nuts about Mahinmi.  He's about, what, 8 games into a 4 year deal and not even in game shape yet.  Gonna take a couple weeks for Brooks to really figure out his best rotations/lineups and having a really tough schedule probably works in our favor in the long run.

Remember...we are not a threat to win a title this year.  Our title window opens next year, at the soonest.  The rest of this year is all about playoff experience and figuring out what we really have.

For me, the most concerning thing about last night was Otto.  We are seriously talking about paying him max/near max money for 4-5 years and he was the worst player in the gym last night...an absolute stiff on both ends.  That type of thing simply cannot happen to a guy making 20 mil a year...or your team is toast.

Oddly enough, Mahinmi is almost making 20mil a year to do absolutely nothing.  Mahinmi appears to have inherited Nene's fragility.  There were concerns about him being somewhat injury prone before he signed the deal. Hard to get into game shape, if you're never actually in the games.  More concerning is that even when healthy, we play 4 on 5 on offense.  If its not a dunk, he ain't scoring.

Edited by StillUnknown